November 27, 2014 | 1418 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The good:

At first, I LOVED the finish- amazing coverage, long lasting and natural looking. But as soon as the weather turned, i found it to be too drying. I also noticed that it began separating and sinking into pores... I have no idea why this happened after a couple weeks of use... i didn't change anything else in my routine...

Definitely didn't help my breakouts and I suspect it made have caused some new ones. I called it quits not wanting to aggravate it anymore than I already had.

Might try it again if nothing else works.... I really like the packaging - good for travel!

three lippies: cause it clearly works for others.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ravengerm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation! However, the packaging is awful. It's impossible to tell how much you have left in the bottle and the screw-on lid is annoying and awkward. But the product is worth putting up with the packaging. This foundation has the perfect consistency and it goes on really smooth (I apply with a foundation brush). I have some red patchy spots and it covers them well and makes my face look really even. I have acne-prone and sensitive skin, which is why I bought this foundation. I wouldn't say that this product necessarily prevented any breakouts but I don't feel like it caused any. I wish it was a little more full coverage, so I didn't have to layer it so much on my problem areas, but it is buildable. It definitely needs to be set with a powder if you want it to last (especially in the t-zone). Also, I would recommend exfoliating your face at least once every few days if you're wearing this foundation. It can be a little drying (probably from the salicylic acid) and if you have dry patches it tends to make them really obvious.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Missmartinez1014

I fell in love with this. It was so smooth and the first time I wore it I just used a sample but I walked out of the house and my friend turned and said what do you have on your face I freaked and was like what's wrong. 'You look flawless' is what was being said all day long. Amazing it provides great coverage. Everyone always complains about the color but I don't have a problem finding mine. I'm not super pale but a light tan naturally. It lasted all day and didn't separate like usual for me. I strongly dislike the packaging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ebell123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My holy grail summer foundation. I can only use it in the summer because the shades aren't light enough for me in the winter. In the winter I'm around an nc15/20 so the shades don't cater to really pale skin tones. I'm shade 02 and I can only use it when I have a decent tan and it oxidizes to a shade darker so it can be tricky finding the right shade. Ask for a sample before purchasing. I have normal/oily skin and this keeps me matte for awhile. I'm not sure how this is on clearing up acne, but it doesn't break me out which is a plus because I have sensitive skin. It lasts about 8 to 9 hours before I start seeing it break up around my jaw line. This does transfer but I haven't yet found a foundation that doesn't. The texture is a liquid and I would say it's a medium to full coverage. Only reason I didn't give this 5 lippies was because of the shade selection. I only gave it 4 because I'm not able to use in the winter which is a bummer because I love it so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This foundation has a matte finish and light to medium coverage. The color match is ok for those that are Mac nc/nw25 and above for those that are lighter there is no color match the closes match for Mac nc20 is 02 fresh ivory which is too dark because it does oxidize. This foundation is not good for combination skin that has dry patches and those who are using acne products. It will cling to dry patches and causes the skin to become dehydrated meaning dry underneath and oily on the surface. The foundation will separate in the t-zone, settles into fine lines and sink into the pores. It makes blemishes/acne more noticeable it does not cover scabby acne or redness/ red blemishes. It can cause more breakouts because it over dries the skin which in turn the skin will try to compensate the dryness by producing more oil and bam more blemishes, acne and clog pores. The coverage only last about 2 hours even with a setting powder and setting spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by littlejbird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down this is my absolute favorite foundation. I used to apply it with a regular foundation brush, but it dries very fast, so I would be left with splotchy, streaky skin. So I just use clean fingers instead! This really keeps my skin clear, and I really appreciate a foundation that can help keep your skin clear. The packaging is not great, I don't care for tube/bottle hybrids because you'll be squeezing and get a huge splatter due to an air bubble! Not fun :( and I also don't think that the price justifies the size, its not a large bottle. The shade also oxidizes to a shade or two darker than what it is in the package. Overall I really love this product. If you're hesitant, Clinique will provide a seven day sample on any product :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by theteenrunway

I love this foundation! It's hands down the best foundation I've ever used! I've used $40-45 foundations in the past, but I like this one the best. This foundation does help my acne get better and reduces most of the oil. The T-zone areas still get relatively oily, but I dab it, and it's gone for the rest of the day. I set this with 2 kinds of setting powders to make sure it doesn't come off at all. Even if I don't use them, because I want to do my makeup quickly, this foundation still dries matte! I recommend this product to acne-prone teens!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ive been using Revlon Colorstay liquid and creme mixed together for awhile now,but its been clogging my pores.Im always on the hunt for a new foundation that doesn't break me out.I bought this in 02 fresh ivory,and Im about nw15/nc20..I have been loving it so far.I have dry skin and need to moisturize well otherwise it can get flaky during the day.Its definitely helped to clear out some whiteheads and acne a bit,I set it with my smash box halo powder or chanel double perfection and it looks flawless all day.It also photographs great.It does oxidize a little bit,which is the only downside.This is my new goto foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by HelloBrittney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been buying this makeup for years and it's completely worth it! I have a very hard time finding quality liquid makeup in my shade because my skin is so fair and sensitive and 01-Fresh Alabaster is the by far the best dor me. It smells terrific, and goes on nice and smooth. It covers evenly (I use my fingers, not a sponge.) My skin can get oily though, so I swipe on a little bit of the Clinique Stay Matte powder in the same shade and the two do so well. I hardly ever have to touch up my make up with this, and I've even used it as a primer for eyeshadow when I've run out and as a concealer for under-eye shadows instead of using it all over. Highly recommend! (:

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by basilhea

This foundation is great! its pretty sheer in coverage but it does not make me break out at all. I have sever acne which has actually calmed down alot. i usually just use my fingers to apply this light foundation. In the future if my acne scars fade a bit more i will continue to use this foundation but if not i will purchase another clinique foundation that is a bit more coverage. For added coverage to this foundation i also use the clinique stay matte powder .