Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

salicylic acid 0.50% ingredients: methyl trimethicone [] water\aqua\eau [] dipropylene glycol [] alcohol denat. [] nylon-12 [] butylene glycol [] talc [] peg-10 dimethicone [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] calcium stearate [] isononyl isononanoate [] caffeine [] glycerin [] hydroxyapatite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] sorbitan sesquioleate [] dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] quaternium-90 bentonite [] 10-hydroxydecanoic acid [] lecithin [] tocopherol [] sodium chloride [] tromethamine [] propylene carbonate [] alumina [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] phenoxyethanol [] [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] mica]

on 9/4/2014 12:51:00 AM

I absolutely hate this foundation. Let me tell you why... well I have sensitive acne-prone oily skin. I was using urban decays naked foundation (which I loved, until it was starting to break me out bad && I havent had an outbreak in years :(....so I had to find a new foundation and I thought id give clinique a try since its suppose to be "the safest for your skin". So the next day I put on the foundation and it looked okay. Felt a bit dry though... anyways I go to college so im in the sun all day by the afternoon this makeup sweated off my t-zone area and started clumping around my pores ughhh.. it looked like a mess :(. Long story short... dont get this foundation if you work or go to school all day because its goin to melt off and clump away.

on 9/3/2014 11:24:00 PM

It made my skin break out after one use and appears and gets very cakey when only a little bit is applied especially around the mouth.

on 9/2/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love this foundation but unfortunately, it did the opposite of what it claims to do -- it broke me out like crazy! I have combination/moderate acne and was hoping that this foundation would help my skin, but it definitely made it worse so I had to return it. I have to say though, it stayed matte throughout the day which I loved, but I will not keep using it at the expense of my skin breaking out. It may work for other skin types, but it certainly didn't work for mine! I've returned to using Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation for the time being.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for years and love it. I'm not saying it is the best foundation out there for everyone but for me it has been the best. I have semi oily and acne prone skin and it has never irritated my breakouts and does a great job at keeping my face matte. Of course everyone's chemical make up is different as far as the oils being produced , diet also plays a huge part so I understand it hasn't worked as well for everyone but for me, it's the one liquid foundation that feels completely safe and clean on my sensitive skin. If I HAD to link one con it would be the coverage. I do wish it was a tiny but higher in coverage but that's just because I love high coverage so I make sure to use my clarins concealer and set it with a light formula powder.

I don't think I'll ever try another foundation again because this stuff is perfect. I get complimented lots on how my foundation always looks natural and not a bit shiny. This stuff is pricey but it lasts me quite awhile. I also don't see it treating my acne but it doesn't at all break me out or clog my pours. Definitely a happy customer.

on 7/25/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this product. I have been using it for about 1 year or so. I have purchased it about 4 times. My skin is very oily and acne prone. I find that this foundation does not allow my skin to become oily and on really hot days I just sweat a little but nothing out of the ordinary unlike other foundations that I have tried. I would highly recommend to anyone with really oily skin.

on 7/25/2014 1:12:00 PM

Quite like this foundation. Use it in combination with others. Great coverage and not drying or anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The good:

At first, I LOVED the finish- amazing coverage, long lasting and natural looking. But as soon as the weather turned, i found it to be too drying. I also noticed that it began separating and sinking into pores... I have no idea why this happened after a couple weeks of use... i didn't change anything else in my routine...

Definitely didn't help my breakouts and I suspect it made have caused some new ones. I called it quits not wanting to aggravate it anymore than I already had.

Might try it again if nothing else works.... I really like the packaging - good for travel!

three lippies: cause it clearly works for others.

on 6/11/2014 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this foundation! However, the packaging is awful. It's impossible to tell how much you have left in the bottle and the screw-on lid is annoying and awkward. But the product is worth putting up with the packaging. This foundation has the perfect consistency and it goes on really smooth (I apply with a foundation brush). I have some red patchy spots and it covers them well and makes my face look really even. I have acne-prone and sensitive skin, which is why I bought this foundation. I wouldn't say that this product necessarily prevented any breakouts but I don't feel like it caused any. I wish it was a little more full coverage, so I didn't have to layer it so much on my problem areas, but it is buildable. It definitely needs to be set with a powder if you want it to last (especially in the t-zone). Also, I would recommend exfoliating your face at least once every few days if you're wearing this foundation. It can be a little drying (probably from the salicylic acid) and if you have dry patches it tends to make them really obvious.

I fell in love with this. It was so smooth and the first time I wore it I just used a sample but I walked out of the house and my friend turned and said what do you have on your face I freaked and was like what's wrong. 'You look flawless' is what was being said all day long. Amazing it provides great coverage. Everyone always complains about the color but I don't have a problem finding mine. I'm not super pale but a light tan naturally. It lasted all day and didn't separate like usual for me. I strongly dislike the packaging though.