Equate Apricot Scrub

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never ever waste my money on St. Ives, this product works just as good, if not better than St. Ives scrub. It leaves my skin smooth, soft, and dry skin free! Better yet, my black heads are non existent! I've already been through like 6 bottles of this stuff (I exfoliate every night) and I don't notice any irritation at all. I highly recommend this product!

So I've had this product for about 4 days and i love it!!! i love the smell especially. im a sucker for nice smelling things lol. and it definitely exfoliates. it leaves my skin feeling super soft after use but then i have to kill it with a moisterizer lol cuz its a bit drying. i dont feel dry but my skin looks a bit ashy in certain areas on my face. but other than that i love it. havent seen any improvement in my acne like i have read, but its only been 4 days. i dont have sensitive skin so ive been using it everyday, and im also acne prone, and havent seen a reaction or new acne forming so its a plus. oh and ive nvr used the st. ives brand so i cant compare but with what i have so far i have no reason to try it.

on 5/3/2012 12:07:00 PM

Great scrub for exfoliating dead skin cells. It's creamy and not as harsh as it's more popular competitor, St. Ives. The beads don't scratch against your skin whatsoever, and i can honestly say i like this better.

on 4/11/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this all of the time. It helps my hormonal breakouts and stress breakouts. I have never found a scrub that makes my skin as smooth and healthy as this. I like this so much more than St. Ives apricot scrub. St. Ives tends to be more creamy and make my face feel dirty. This scrub cleans deep into the pores and unclogs the skin. I gave it 4 lippies because if you use it to much, it can really dry out your skin. The price is fantastic! It lasts a while. Don't hesitate to pick this up at Walmart.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This is a good product for those who prefer a more gentle scrub. However, just because its gentle, doesn't mean it can't cause damage from every day use, so avoid using it daily (I would never suggest anyone to exfoliate more than twice a week unless they have horrible dry skin). It has a lovely smell, it feels refreshing, and it has plenty exfoliants in it, so it's guaranteed to work. I have dry skin that can flare up and leave really hard, scratchy surfaces of dead skin, so I need something more rough and exact, and unfortunately, this isn't for me. I'd recommend this to anyone with normal, oily, or combination skin. I actually think this is ideal for those with oily skin types, as it works well with my boyfriend's oily skin.

on 12/9/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

As a facial product, I was not thrilled. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't for me. It made my face break out more/for longer than just the initial, expected purging when you start using something new. Every single time I would use it, I would break out like mad. I still had tons left, and I didn't want to waste it, so it ended up sitting in my shower caddy for a while.

After seeing people swearing by using a body scrub before shaving, I thought maybe I'd give it a go in that capacity. Oddly enough, it was perfect. It doesn't break my legs or underarms out, and it has enough scrubby to exfoliate very well. There's enough oil to it that I can shave without needing a cream. My legs and underarms get a super close shave, and they feel great afterwards.

So, as a facial product? Not a fan. But as a shaving product? It's wonderful.

on 12/7/2011 2:44:00 AM

I started noticing some bad acne around my t zone and my cheeks. I bought this product which to me was very cheap--I had thought about getting the St. Ives one but this product was a dollar cheaper. My acne has cleared and I just have to say that this scrub is amazing! I use it daily now and it works!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a former St. Ives user and I will only buy this product from now on! Don't get me wrong. St. Ives is great and it does its job but this one is cheaper by around a dollar and it is excellent! I agree with other reviewers that this one scrubs better. I also like the smell better than St. Ives. I'm so happy I decided to try this out. :)!

UPDATE:
I love this scrub! I really really like the smell and I have been using this my body as well as my face and it's very effective at getting the dead skin off and revealing the soft skin underneath. I can't wait to go back and get more.

on 8/21/2011 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I just used this scrub for the first time, and let me tell you: I love this scrub!!! I immediatly noticed that my face appeared  much brighter, and my skin, ooh my skin, was sooo soft. I literally went " oh my gosh!" at  the texture of it, i couldn't stop rubbing it.i do have to say i fount it to be a bit abbresive , it has alot of little fine grains, so people with sensitive skin should be cautious. I haven't tried the st. Ives so i can't compare the two, but frankly i don't wanna since this is such a wonderful product. I will update if anything bad happens, but fingers crossed that nothing will. ( I stole this from my sister, well news flash to her: You are not getting it back :p )

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i was looking to try the st ives but they were sold out. next to where it shouldve been was this. it was around 2.50. very good price! i havent used the st ives so i cant really compare. i dont know why everyones saying it smells awful because honestly i didnt even notice the smell. i guess i was just in a rush. ive only used it once so ill update later. it only took a few cm of the stuff so it should last a longg time. im hoping for good results but right now it seems a little harsh, im not used to realy beedy scrubs. soo i hope it get better!
UPDATE: okay this was amazingg for twoish weeks. it got rid of dead skin but i used it every day instead of every other day.. not smart. my skin felt extremely sensitive so i had to back off for a week. then i used it every other day. now i use it maybe twice a week and it helps a lot! just be careful and dont over do it! the only complaint is the packaging. its hard to get the last bit out and can be kind of messy. overall its a pretty good product!

Popular Scrubs