Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

i bought this after reading all the fab reviews on here about how it never smudged, and how good at volumising it was.
how disappointed i am with it now i've bought it, £8 down the drain :(
-------------------------------------------------------
- it smudges all the time, i only get an hours wear before the little black smudges appear, and after i wore it on a night out to see a comedian (after a good laugh) I was HORRIFIED with the appalling heavy dark smudges under my eyes (trust me it looked horrendous!)

- far too much product comes out with brush, it would give lovely volume if bourjois had designed the neck of the tube properly! (no excuses bourjois, that is a fault you should have spotted in development!)

- i'll admit that it does look after my lashes, and they've definitely grown and look healthier, and they do curl my upper lashes quite good as well.
--------------------------------------------------------
i really am disappointed with it, not about that it smudges, but because this is such a good mascara in the making, but in the making only. if bourjois could just fix the application so that the brush isn't over saturated, and fix the formula so it doesn't smudge then i would definitely buy it again, but till then i won't be repurchasing.

on 11/13/2012 9:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Absolutely love it! It gives a lot of volume to the lashes, while it looks completely natural. Doesn't flake or smudge, stays all day, and it has a nice, smooth texture which makes your lashes really soft. All time favorite.

on 10/17/2012 4:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love how my very short and sparse lashes look with this but....this
smudges on me TERRIBLY. I have extremely oily eyelids and even waterproof and so call smudge proof mascaras smudge on me. But this smudges terribly. If you don't have problems with smudges, this is a great mascara. It volumises, looks natural and defined at the same time, doesn't clumb....

on 10/14/2012 1:06:00 PM

This is a really good mascara at a fair price! It builds volume and length, doesn´t smudge, is easy to remove and feels nice and "soft" on the lashes.
The only thing that I find a tad annoying about this product, is the fact that the brush tends to leave a messy blob of mascara on the end of the brush and I do find a bit hard to work with the big brush on the fine inner lashes.

on 8/3/2012 8:34:00 PM

I reccomend this mascara. It gives your lashes length, volume and some curve; doesn't give you panda eyes; lasts forever. The package is nice and chick. The price is super reasonable too. What else..? Well I think it's nice that it cares of your lashes.

on 4/2/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After reading the reviews on makeupalley, I decided to order it from ASOS (I can't seem to find it in Canada). For the price ($14.00 CAD), I think this mascara is really good. It gives a soft look to my lashes without being clumpy. It doesn't bother my eyes (I wear contact lenses) and it doesn't flake which is the best part! It lengthens, separates, and holds a curl and you can layer a few coats for a more dramatic look. I wish the colour was a darker though, so I took off 1 lippie for that. I usually buy Diorshow unlimited (which is $36.00) and although it's not as dark or as dramatic, you really can't go wrong with this mascara. I'm not sure if or when they will carry it in North America but I know ASOS has it (and they don't charge for shipping).

on 1/25/2012 11:12:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Bought this because of the raving reviews! It is a truly great mascara! Lightweight, clean, gives good result quickly. It separates really well!
It falls a bit short in the lengthening departement but can be used in combination with a lengthening mascara like f.e. Bourjois' Elastic mascara.
Despite all this I will not purchase again because it DOES make my lashes fall out. Big dissapointment for an ULTRA CARE mascara!
I am sticking with Lóreal extra volume collagen which is really kind to the lashes. I should know, cause I regularly sleep with mascara on.

on 1/25/2012 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Average mascara. Yes, it lenghtens, curls, gives definition, is buildable. But it also clumps, and worse, it does not stay put. I do not sweat that much but it still transfers to my upper lids very visibly so that I have to keep checking myself in the mirror and wiping it. At a party, it's annoying, but at work, it's completely unacceptable. So no, this did not impress me and I will certainly never buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This product is AWESOME. Slightly more expensive than other drgustore mascaras, but very much worth the price.
Depending on how you use it, it can be very very volumising, and lengthening. The formula is slightlly thick and wet but I think that's how its able to give so much volume. However, I like it for its length more, and I dont usually go for the ultra volumized look except for going out at night. It really is extremely versatile!
However when you first open it, it might be really heavy and clumpy, so it does take some getting used to.
The best part is it made my lashes GROW. By the time I finished the mascara, my lashes were at least 30% longer and thicker. And for my stick straight, asian lashes, this product truly is a mini miracle.
Will definitely buy again. And again.
And again.

on 12/13/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this after reading the rave reviews on here and really wanted to like it. A longstanding and faithful user of Dior's Diorshow mascara (in black), I was looking for a brown mascara for days when I wanted to play up my lips or go a little more natural. I chose this one for the glowing reviews and the fact that it wasn't too expensive. I should also add here that I bought this in France, and am unsure how much the product differs from country to country, but while I'll admit that this is a decent mascara with good staying power, I find that it has a tendency to clump a bit and go on unevenly. The brush comes out of the tube so loaded up with product that unless you have the patience to use a clean brush for each application, it ends up being a bit of a mess. It also had a mild chemical smell that put me off.
All in all, it's a decent mid-range drugstore mascara, but in my opinion there are better ones out there for the same price (i.e. L'Oreal Voluminous mascara and Maybelline Greatlash).

Top Rated Bourjois Products