Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

If this were to break down on me and I could not resuscitate it, I would so repurchase. Makes my foundation application so much easier. Love, love, love this brush...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

if I'm not using my beauty blender to blend out my makeup, I am definitely using my sigma F80.

It gives you flawless coverage, and the bristles are super soft, so even if you're buffing in the makeup, it doesn't scratch at your face. I would recommend buffing if you want a more shear coverage. If you want full coverage I would recommend really pushing the brush into your skin in padding motions.

If you clean this brush regularly, this brush will last you a very long time.

Bad quality. it was fine for the first uses and by the word 'fine' it didn't give me the coverage that i wanted like when i use it you will notice that i have foundation in my face which i really hate (i love airbrushed finish) so anyways, after cleaning and washing it for few times it start shedding. mine kept shedding crazily like i can see the bristles out of the brush until it fall a part today! it was my first sigma brush and the last one,

on 1/8/2015 7:26:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush.
i use it everyday to apply BB cream/foundation and it provides the best coverage.
i've tried the real technique brushes and NONE of them even compares to this one.
the only downside is the price, i got this for $18 back in 2012 (?)...i believe they have now increased the price to around $24.

However i do believe that its an investment, when used with care it wont shed that much (unless you get a dud, in which case you could contact sigma and ask them for a refund/replacement)

I absolutely LOVE my F80! Definitely my HG for foundation application. Granted, I've only had it for a short time so I haven't necessarily had time for it to fall apart like some other reviews have mentioned. But so far, its has been so perfect and gives me a completely airbrushed finish. And the synthetic aspect of it keeps it from stealing all of my product so that is definitely a major plus, since i prefer higher end foundations. I paid $24 for this off of amazon and to be honest i probably would pay double if i ever needed to purchase it again (which i would). So much better than my mac brush that i used to use. So glad i decided i would try this out! If you're trying to decide whether to make the investment or not, do it... Thank me later!

on 11/13/2014 4:18:00 AM

Firstly, I don't understand the hype. I've never bought into 'beauty hypes' as I believe makeup is a very subjective concept... Let's just put that out there first off.

Anyway... I bought this when my knock off beauty blender (from Cosmo) was discontinued. I tried several alternatives including the acclaimed RT Miracle Complexion sponge and disliked them all so decided to put my energy into finding a decent brush instead. Truth is, I'm still in limbo about this one. In some respects, I love it, in others, I hate it. I'm not sure whether it's the foundation formulation, the brush itself or the way I use it, but all in conjunction really highlighted my dry patches (unusual as I have combo/oily skin). As the day progressed, foundation started to seperate on my nose (taking a patchy appearence), which is a problem I never encountered using a blending sponge. This is likely because the stippling/buffing motion pushes foundation under the dry/flakey patches, making this more obvious. It is also important to note that the head of the F80 is somewhat restricting when applying foundation to the corners of the nose and other intricate/delicate parts of the face. I have to use another tool to cover those hard-to-reach areas which is infuriating on an expensive brush.

On a positive note, the brush allowed for a truly airbrushed finish which you have to give it credit for. I actually enjoyed using it (until the dry patches appeared) and can confirm that the brush itself felt very luxurious. For a heavier look however, I still go to my standard paddle brush as I find that provides more coverage, albeit too much for everyday. I also found that using a flat top brush allowed for a more speedy application in the morning, as opposed to faffing about washing sponges.

As with everything, there are pro's and con's to this product and I am still trying to find ways to make the Sigma F80 work for me as it was reasonably pricey, but all in all, my concluding verdict would be: Good enough but nothing wonderous.

In a nutshell:

PROS
Allowed for a medium coverage, airbrushed finish which was in no way 'cakey' (if looking for a fuller coverage, use a traditional paddle brush)
Felt/looks like a luxurious tool
Flat top effect allows for a very speedy application in the mornings (much quicker/easier than faffing about washing sponges)

CONS
Flat top stippling/buffing motions highlighted dry patches
Hard to get into the nose and other delicate hard-to-reach areas with dense, chunky brush head
Foundation seperated on nose as day progressed after using this tool.

on 11/8/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the F80 flat top kabuki brush and I noticed that the bristles are starting to fall out but only a few actually do. It no longer looks flat it's the shape of a bowl when you look at the brush. I'm very disappointed with my purchase because I've bought drugstore brand brushes at a cheaper price and this hasn't happened to them. This brush should be better quality for the price I paid!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As has it's name, the brushes have recently been edited and improved upon so I wouldn't let any of the older more negative change your opinion of this brush. It's handle have been improved upon considerably and synthetic bristles are amazing. It is also surprisingly easy to clean any excess makeup off. Exceptional quality for price. Would pay at least double for this brush than I already do. Of all my favourite products, this is the one I love the most.

on 10/21/2014 10:36:00 AM

i love love love love this.. it is kind of pricey yes.. but its going to last forever n its very high quality.. it doesn't leave any strokes its gives an airbrush effect.. its so soft and its just perfect. works mostly on liquid foundations

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like the F80, I really do. I like the price and how good it was good at applying my makeup but today, after no more than six months of use, mine fell apart. I was in the middle of washing it when it suddenly started shedding like crazy, little hairs popping out here and there. I thought, "oh well, they all shed, no big deal," and as I was rinsing the brush out, the head of bristles completely fell off of the brush into my sink. So disappointing. This is the first brush i've ever had that's completely fallen apart, except for an ELF eye shadow brush.
Would I buy again? yes. But only after i shop around to make sure there isn't anything better for around the same price.