Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

4.5

on 3/9/2015 5:05:00 PM

Not only is this one of the best foundation brushes ever, but the service from Sigma is impeccable. I wrote to Sigma last week to say that my F80 came unglued after nearly 3 years and asked them if this is about how long my brush should last. I told them I have MAC makeup brushes that I have had for 10 years+ and asked them what a customer should expect from their makeup brush. They immediately emailed me to say they would send another brand new one out to me which I just received. (I am sure they had a record that I purchased this from them 3 years ago)... This is excellent customer service!!!

I had been using MACs 130 brush for foundation for a few years, and I swear it was shedding from day 1 but I put up with it because the application was pretty good. I finally caved and went to replace it but they didn't have one in stock, so I picked up the (then new) 132, which was better for less shedding and worked about the same as the 130.

After watching SO MANY youtube makeup tutorials etc though and a friend raving about the Sigma F80, I purchased it. AMAZING. It cuts the blending and buffing time by half I would say compared to the others I used. One commenter stated they didn't like it for areas around the nose and such - I just hold the brush dead on straight at my face to get the part of my face right next to my nose, then turn it 90 degrees either left or right to get the sides of my nose. It's a little more tricky under the eyes, but not so much that it bothers me. I've only had it a week so far but already it's a treat to use on my face. So soft (a must for sensitive skin folks like me!) and great results with easy effort.

Product used with: MUFE HD invisible cover foundation

on 2/28/2015 8:37:00 AM

This is the best brush that has ever been made

on 2/25/2015 12:37:00 PM

I love this brush! In the past, I'd always used my fingers for foundation application because I never could find a brush that I liked, or that I felt worked well on my skin. This brush is perfect for foundation application and blending. LOVE IT! Yes, I'd buy it again and again.

on 2/7/2015 6:09:00 PM

Love it love it love it. Previously had the Tarte bamboo airbrush foundation brush and the beauty blender. This is the softest brush I have ever felt and it applies so smooth. My skin is not the best,acne marks,LG pores but it looks so flawless when using the f80.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

If this were to break down on me and I could not resuscitate it, I would so repurchase. Makes my foundation application so much easier. Love, love, love this brush...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

if I'm not using my beauty blender to blend out my makeup, I am definitely using my sigma F80.

It gives you flawless coverage, and the bristles are super soft, so even if you're buffing in the makeup, it doesn't scratch at your face. I would recommend buffing if you want a more shear coverage. If you want full coverage I would recommend really pushing the brush into your skin in padding motions.

If you clean this brush regularly, this brush will last you a very long time.

Bad quality. it was fine for the first uses and by the word 'fine' it didn't give me the coverage that i wanted like when i use it you will notice that i have foundation in my face which i really hate (i love airbrushed finish) so anyways, after cleaning and washing it for few times it start shedding. mine kept shedding crazily like i can see the bristles out of the brush until it fall a part today! it was my first sigma brush and the last one,

on 1/8/2015 7:26:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush.
i use it everyday to apply BB cream/foundation and it provides the best coverage.
i've tried the real technique brushes and NONE of them even compares to this one.
the only downside is the price, i got this for $18 back in 2012 (?)...i believe they have now increased the price to around $24.

However i do believe that its an investment, when used with care it wont shed that much (unless you get a dud, in which case you could contact sigma and ask them for a refund/replacement)

I absolutely LOVE my F80! Definitely my HG for foundation application. Granted, I've only had it for a short time so I haven't necessarily had time for it to fall apart like some other reviews have mentioned. But so far, its has been so perfect and gives me a completely airbrushed finish. And the synthetic aspect of it keeps it from stealing all of my product so that is definitely a major plus, since i prefer higher end foundations. I paid $24 for this off of amazon and to be honest i probably would pay double if i ever needed to purchase it again (which i would). So much better than my mac brush that i used to use. So glad i decided i would try this out! If you're trying to decide whether to make the investment or not, do it... Thank me later!