Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion

3.6

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylate/Acrylamide Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Alcohol Denatured, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnauba), Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Nylon 6, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Glycerin, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Simethicone, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, May Contain:, Ultramarines, Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxides

I have this in Blackest Black and I bought it because I wanted the benefits that the other two CoverGirl mascaras provide. I didn't find this overly lengthening or volumising. All it really did was add darkness to my already black lashes.

on 9/25/2014 4:38:00 PM

As of this writing in Autumn 2014, the first 5 lippie rated review of this fantastic mascara was on St. Patrick's Day 2010. If you read the 5 lippie reviews, then you have all the info you need, and I can't do any better.

I have this in Black Brown 895, which I use during the spring-summer for a natural daytime look, and Very Black 895 for more drama and for fall-winter. I have this in the regular formula (not water resistant) and find that even with my watery eyes, I don't have smudges, drips or black running down my face.

I've tried the CG Clump Crusher in the green tube, and it was really good. I've tried the CG LashBlast in the orange tube, and it was really good. I love this CG Fusion in the purple tube because (1) purple is my favorite color, and (2) it fuses together volume + length technology. No clumps either.

Another 5 lippie review!

on 9/9/2014 11:34:00 AM

Mascaras are a tough one but this is my go to everyday mascara as I have very thin, short lashes so the fact that this volumizes and lengthens in a real plus for me since you can usually only find one or the other in a mascara. It makes my lashes look amazing!

I like the retro glam cat's eye look so this is a great mascara to enhance this look. I use the mascara in three coats on each eye only on the upper lashes so it really gives me the look of a light strip lash even though there are practically no lashes to work with there in the beginning.

There is minimal flaking, if any, but I have yet to find any mascara that doesn't flake at all, especially one that goes such a good job of building lashes where there are none. I would say that flaking or a raccoon eye look isn't really a problem for me, if ever.

I had to get used to the brush simple because I had never used one of those funny rubber brushes, only bristles, but it does the trick. I like that without being too careful you don't have to worry about the brush hitting your upper lid when you apply, ruining your liner or eye shadow. I wish the packaging was a little more streamlined to fit more in my makeup bag but it's doable.

The best overall mascara I've ever used for sure and I wear it every day with all kinds of looks. Very versatile. I use the Black Brown color as black tends to be a bit harsh for my taste in mascaras. A truly great mascara, easy to find and the price is right!

on 8/26/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ugh, worst mascara EVER!!! The brush is hard and rubbery, the mascara is wet and heavy, it clumps, doesn't separate the lashes AT ALL and it doesn't hold a curl. The only good thing about it was that it was very black, the the color suggested. BTW, I have long, between thick and thin lashes that grow straight.

on 8/17/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been on a mascara kick and this is the one that has become my favorite. The brush is amazing. My lashes look so full but naturally full. I constantly get asked what mascara am I using when I wear this one.

on 8/15/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have medium/ short lashes. I didn't have high expectations in the first place. When i put this on i didn't really see a difference in length. It did separate my lashes but other than that it didn't do anything for me. I wouldn't recommend to anyone with thin or shortish lashes.

on 8/9/2014 7:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this mascara while I was waiting for my avon mascaras to come because it was on sale for $4.99 and the brush looked really nice.
I have long, curly, thin eyelashes that need volume and definition. This mascara gave me that.
I really love it! I must admit I didn't have high expectations but I was pleasantly surprised.
I played with it for a week to find out the best application method. I find it works best with dry time in between each coat. I usually apply 3 thin coats.
The end result is a lengthened, defined, volumized and clump free lash.
With the right application this mascara is freakin awesome!

I gave it 4 lippies because no mascara is perfect. Ever.

on 7/31/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this mascara. In fact, it's the one I tend to reach for the most. It gives me great definition with zero clumps and it wears all day. It gives a little length, although it's not very volumizing. That's not a bad thing IMO; it makes it perfect for No Makeup or MFBB days.

on 7/29/2014 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an absolutely wonderful mascara. It goes on cleanly and smoothly, and doesn't seem to have the stickiness that mascaras usually do. The result is very natural-looking, subtly volumized and lengthened lashes. Upon a second application, it tends to get a little clumpy, so I just stick with one application. This leads to a less dramatic look than I would prefer, but the result of one application is so pleasant and noticeable that it still brightens up my whole face. This is hands down the best mascara I have found yet.

on 6/22/2014 11:19:00 AM

I bought this when on holiday in NY. Pretty good mascara. Better than my MaxFactor Clump Defy but still not what I'm looking for. I'm a fan of dramatic false looking lashes. This mascara gives me decent volume but not enough length and it's hard to layer without clumping

Popular Mascaras