August 22, 2014 | 1001 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Powder - Fair/Light

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by plasticvagabond

I saw this at my local Walgreens,I normally stay clear of drugstore foundations anymore (Revlon Colorstay is an exception!) but thought to myself "well it does say airbrush finish". So was excited to give it a try. A tad weary of the 15.00 price tag...for a drugstore foundation??!! But figured it would be worth the money.

WRONG! This is a dreadful powder. Over any of my foundations it looks cakey,flakey and just overall disgusting. Worn alone,this product is even worse. It seems to sink into the pores,making them horribly swollen and appear larger. It even gets in between fine lines,i'm only 21 but this powder makes me look 38 easy. It makes my skin look wrinkled and frayed.

And oh my goodness!! The BRUSH that's included. -____- It is the worst,and man does it scrape up your skin. I had to end up throwing it out and just using a sponge. it wastes product, and provides an uneven,dry skin looking finish.

Really can't see this working for anyone.
Not worth a dime!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by CupcakeSoldier

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everytime I have this on, my mom asks me why my face looks so dry. In other words, it looks awful. Really dry and cakey, no matter what I wear under it. However, it does have nice coverage. And the SPF is a splendid touch. I don't mind the sparkles either. It just looks terrible on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Kaytana17

I've been using this for the past 10 months and haven't had any issues with it. I use it as a finishing powder over my foundation (Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation in Natural Beige) and concealer (Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in Light) and it finishes my make-up quite well. I like how it gives my face an overall matte look and haven't really noticed the product appearing "shimmery". I would recommend this product only as a finishing powder and not as a powder foundation (as you definitely wouldn't get much coverage).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by CharCollegegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do like this powder because it sets my foundation like it should and is very lightweight...i love the PR collection in general because it gives me amazing coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by alicia2kate

I use the Fair/Light pressed powder as a setting-finishing powder with the ELF flat-top powder brush. I don't wear much foundation, just a moisturizer + some concealer and blush and this powder, lightly over it all. When I use it lightly, it doesn't make me ghost-like.
It does have a little fine shimmer, but it works well for me. I don't reapply during the day so I don't travel with it, but it isn't very travel friendly.
It also cracks easily (esp if you drop it onto a counter or floor) so I just crush it up, add some 70% IPA and re-press it back into the pan.
I've been using it for several months and it is almost gone. I have another powder to use next so I won't be repurchasing yet. I would consider it in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Packalittlesin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Do not want.

Big packaging, I can't throw it in my purse. I appreciate that it has a mirror and a brush. But I wouldn't use the brush, it's harsh and applies the product unevenly.
Most of all, I dislike the product. It is very noticeable that I'm wearing powder. It settles in my lines and looks cakey. Also, my T-Zone looks more oily than ever. For some reason, my nose looks like it's made of oil after I use this powder.

I don't mind that it has a satin finish, but overall a bad product. And, I'm an NW20, the lady decided to give me the fair/light one, and I just went with it. Wrong. I look like a ghost.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

First the packaging is so big and bulky and impossible to put in a makeup bag. Secondly the colour is ok but this is a moot point when there are actual visible sparkles in your powder Im not talking about tiny little specks that read as glowy or luminous on the skin I am talking about one hair away from glitter. Also this does nothing to mattify and actual seems to produce more oil. The only plus is that it looks ok in photos but in natural lighting absolutely awful

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by greenmotogirl

Awful. Put it on and check in the mirror 10 minutes later and I look oilier than I did before putting it on and I dont look like I have any powder on..not that you want to look like you have powder on, but you know your face when you're wearing it. Im not sure WHERE this stuff goes when my face touches nothing in just a few minutes but it's like batteling a war you cannot win when trying to wear it.
much more prefer maybellines dream matte

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kabu984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty much a fail. I like my oily skin to have a "soft matte" look - this honestly makes my face look like I have much oilier skin than I do and that I've attempted to mattify with a really heavy, ineffective powder. Yech. Plus the glitter is terrible. On top of everything it beaks me out in a way I don't usually break out, little hard whiteheads. Double yech. The mirror is nice quality, but it makes the compact too big since it isn't over the product. My much preferred drugstore alternative is Maybelline Dream Matte powder.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by itsthegriff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I apply it over my Revlon PhotoReady foundation and it keeps me oil-free throughout the day and just 'finishes' the look for me. I've never liked a powder as much as this one.