April 17, 2014 | 1426 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Professional Mineral Powder Brush #45

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by sophie94

My all time favourite foundation brush. Much better than any high end brush I have tried and amazing value!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Run to Sephora and buy this brush!! I feel like this is one of those brushes that is excellent but does not get a lot of hype. I've accumulated quite a few and this is my first HG brush. I purchased two other Sephora professional brushes and had a good experience so I took a chance on this one. I was so happy I did because it is absolutely perfect for applying powders (MAC studio fix, bare essential minerals). I have not really tried it with liquids so I cannot comment on that.

The synthetic bristles are absolutely soft and massage my face so soothingly. Since it is denser, it takes a little longer to dry but half a day should be enough time for it to be ready for use.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

The consultant at Sephora recommended this brush to apply my liquid foundation. Makes application so easy and blends everything so nice! Love

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It's quite a good brush, though nothing exceptional. It works best as suggested - with mineral powder. I used it with MAC MSFN and it worked fine. Especially it should be appreciated by those who have a small face. But like I said, nothing special about this brusf. There are a few other that work equally good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

An amazing soft brush, that does not shed and keeps its shape after washings.
I own currently 3 of these (to alternate - I wash it after every use, every day basically) and use it every day with my tinted moisturizers or lighter makeup formulations. Also use it for my powder makeup and blush sometimes. When I travel it is often the only face brush I would take with me.
A great quality brush that distributes the product quickly and easily in such a natural way, gives a super skin-like finish.
The only thing I would not recommend it for is a thicker BB cream type of product, in that case I still do prefer my Real Techniques Stippling brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by chlscombs

Love this brush for mineral foundation. It is so soft and helps to apply mineral foundation so evenly!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

This is the only Sephora brush I've bought and liked and didn't make my face break out or more oily. I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and I use this to apply powder foundations, and sometimes cream foundation or powder blush. Honestly works great with everything I've tried so far, and is insanely soft and has almost zero fall out. I like that the tips are white so when they get really orange it's an indication I need to wash my brush, and you know you've cleaned your brush properly when it's back to white.

It costs more than the other brushes but I think it's a worthy investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mine is soft, dense and even, making it very suitable for distributing and buffing in liquid or cream foundation. I don't mind the relatively small size, it's more versatile and the application doesn't take me long anyway. I plan on getting at least one more, possibly for cream blush. Unfortunately I don't know how it performs with mineral foundation, but it applies both loose and pressed powder very well.
Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is one of my favorite brushes for applying liquid foundation. i've actually never used it with powder but would imagine it provides more coverage than applying with a large fluffy brush. its a great quality brush and never sheds. would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I know this is meant to be a "powder" brush, but this is my absolute favourite brush for liquid foundation! - and I tried a load of them, from regular flat ones, to stippling ones, to kabuki ones - you name it, I've probably tried it.
For comparison reasons, this is almost identical in size to the Real Techniques buffing brush, but more rounded to the top, similar to the Sigma round top kabuki. It's also more dense than the RT buffing brush, more like the RT expert face brush.
I find the size and shape perfect because it's small enough to only apply product to targeted areas, if you're having a good skin day, but big enough that if you did need to cover your entire face, you could do so in literally less than a minute!
The effect is beautiful, it buffs foundation in beautifully and effortlessly, and very quickly because it's a bit more dense.
I do find it's softer and gentler on my skin (a bit dry on the cheeks and sensitive) than other kabuki/flat top brushes I've tried.
This works perfectly for cream blush, cream foundation, or cream-to-powder foundation as well, if you'd want to use it as such. I've not tried it with powders because of the aforementioned drier skin on my cheeks, but it's a good quality brush, hasn't shed once, so I'm sure it would work fine. It's also fairly easy to wash, due to it being a bit smaller.
It's not the cheapest of brushes (think it was about 20 euros when I got it on holiday), but it is so worth it!