September 18, 2014 | 1813 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Professional Mineral Powder Brush #45

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was not impressed by this brush. It was flimsy and I could not find the difference between this and drugstore brushes that are tightly packed like this one is. Don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by tranthuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great brush! I was on the hunt for a new brush to use w/ my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, because the stifling brushes and flat foundation brushes just weren't working for me. I came really close to biting my tongue and splurging on the Armani "Blender Brush," since it's made to work amazingly well with all of their foundations. It is priced at $49, so I was hesitant until a good friend of mine recommended this brush. She told me that it was the BEST brush for applying foundation, tinted moisturizers, concealers, etc. She owned 3 of them, so I took her word for it and tried this one out before spending fifty bucks on a single brush.

My first impression of the brush when looking at it in-stores was that it was very soft and a good size. I decided to get it right there and then. And since it was only $24, I figured that I'd have nothing to lose and get the Armani one if this didn't work out.

I am SO glad that I did get this brush, because it applies my foundation super smooth and evenly without any streaking. It also helps me save product, since I don't need as much while using this brush. It spreads the product out evenly, giving you a flawless finish. I think I will go back and purchase a few more, since I can see it coming it handy for many other things in the future also!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, I wanted to return this. It seemed too similar to a few other brushes I had (including the UD Optical Blurring foundation brush) and I didn't think I really needed it. I pulled out my bush collection (which, admittedly isn't nearly as big as most MUAers) and started playing around.

Honestly, I don't know what the difference is supposed to be between mineral brushes and regular makeup brushes. This worked very nice with non mineral products including liquid foundation.

I was previously using the EcoTools bronzing brush to do my highlighter on my cheeks because it is fairly small and not overly round. Well, I found the Sephora brush actually fit my face shape better and applied a better, more precise application.

I then used this to apply my MAC Studio Fix powder. the powder did not seem to accentuate my pores as much and I was able to build up coverage without it looking as powdery as it can by using the sponge MAC gives you. I sometimes use a smaller EcoTools kabuki with Studio Fix and while it does work well, the brush is not as dense and I get a bit of fallout/crumbly powder in the compact which basically equals wasted product.

I used this to apply liquid foundation and while it worked well, I still thinking the UD Optical brush is a bit more dense and worked better for liquid. Maybe that's just a mental thing since I've been using it longer?? The UD brush has a bit more weight to it in the handle which for some people, might be a good thing or not. I guess you could check them both out a Sephora, The UD one is more expensive by about $10 so if you don't see much of a difference, save the money and get this instead!.

This brush is a keeper for me! I think I want a second one "just in case". I could see it being used for multiple purposes so it's a great investment if you are on a budget or just starting out your collection. Hope this helps :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by griggs42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is pretty dense, but feels super soft. It's my go-to liquid foundation brush (even though it says mineral powder) and it creates fantastic coverage, and feels super nice on my skin. I bought it because my Sephora was out of UD's Optical Blurring brush, but this is a fantastic dupe and I don't regret buying it at all. I've had it for a while, and washed it at least ten times by now, and it hasn't shed on me once, and each time my baby shampoo method has gotten it all nice and clean, and it hasn't stained. Probably my favorite brush in my collection. It will probably last me forever, but I would definitely repurchase it if I ever lost it or something happened to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by sophie94

My all time favourite foundation brush. Much better than any high end brush I have tried and amazing value!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Run to Sephora and buy this brush!! I feel like this is one of those brushes that is excellent but does not get a lot of hype. I've accumulated quite a few and this is my first HG brush. I purchased two other Sephora professional brushes and had a good experience so I took a chance on this one. I was so happy I did because it is absolutely perfect for applying powders (MAC studio fix, bare essential minerals). I have not really tried it with liquids so I cannot comment on that.

The synthetic bristles are absolutely soft and massage my face so soothingly. Since it is denser, it takes a little longer to dry but half a day should be enough time for it to be ready for use.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

The consultant at Sephora recommended this brush to apply my liquid foundation. Makes application so easy and blends everything so nice! Love

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It's quite a good brush, though nothing exceptional. It works best as suggested - with mineral powder. I used it with MAC MSFN and it worked fine. Especially it should be appreciated by those who have a small face. But like I said, nothing special about this brusf. There are a few other that work equally good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

An amazing soft brush, that does not shed and keeps its shape after washings.
I own currently 3 of these (to alternate - I wash it after every use, every day basically) and use it every day with my tinted moisturizers or lighter makeup formulations. Also use it for my powder makeup and blush sometimes. When I travel it is often the only face brush I would take with me.
A great quality brush that distributes the product quickly and easily in such a natural way, gives a super skin-like finish.
The only thing I would not recommend it for is a thicker BB cream type of product, in that case I still do prefer my Real Techniques Stippling brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by chlscombs

Love this brush for mineral foundation. It is so soft and helps to apply mineral foundation so evenly!