July 24, 2014 | 1847 users online

Hair Color - Garnier - Nutrisse Dark Intense Auburn

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by sakecat22

Used the new Ultra-Color in BL26 Auburn Black.
The color is a bit more blue than I prefer, but it looks good and I get compliments. A bit uneven when coloring greys (I have red and white striped hairs) and very difficult to apply evenly. An absolute nightmare to rinse out. 3 weeks later and I am STILL rinsing out color and staining towels. And this is washing my hair every other day. Overall - not purchasing this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by minnissha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My review is about Garnier Nutrisse Ultra-Color R.2 - Medium Tint Auburn - hair color.
When I bought the Garnier Nutrisse Ultra-Color hair dye, I appreciated the fact that TPB color experts have finally begun to recognize the needs of brunettes haired customers in a sea of colors indented for lighter colored hair. I have used other Garnier Nutrisse hair coloring products with varying degrees of success. The Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color R.2 hair dye for brunettes seemed like an ideal choice for my naturally very dark brown-black hair. I was truly excited to try this color!

Unfortunately Garnier Nutrisse did not uphold its promise of providing luscious auburn color for even the darkest colored natural hair. I realize that each person's ethnicity and genetic structure affects the results of the product. Perhaps less indulgent marketing claims would have led to fewer customer disappointments. Garnier does make good products, this one just happened to miss the mark (for me). Hopefully, they will vest more research into the next "improved" version of this line.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Glossimeraholic

Okay, first off... everyone saying "OmGZ it looked like a murder scene in my shower/sink/toilet/ (whatever other basin you used to rinse your hair out in..)", obviously!! It's a red based hair dye, why wouldn't the color of the water coming out of your hair be a blood red tint?!!? Jeez guys.

Anyway, I bought this product knowing Garnier dyes don't usual make your hair overly dry or stink it up with chemicals, and I was fairly right. The chemical smell was barely there, and my hair was only slightly dryer than usual after rinsing the color out. I'm sure that is due to the fact I dye my hair often, but then again any product that is bleaching out any color from your hair, WILL DRY IT OUT.
I dyed my hair black about a month & a half ago and I missed the highlights in my hair, so I used this, knowing my hair would not look anything like the box stated, but that it would most likely give it some red highlights & that it did. I'm fairly happy...I wish it was brighter, but whatever, no harm no foul. This dye did a decent job.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by miszjackie

THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE MEDIUM INTENSE AUBURN:

loved this color!! I can't believe how red my hair turned without bleach! Prior to dying my hair, my hair was a medium-ish brown color and to be honest, I was mortified by how fire engine red my hair was when I was dying my hair. The red seriously looked like a murder scene all over my shirt and bathtub and wanted to wash it off before the reccomend time in hope that my hair wasn't BRIGHT RED. But I didn't. I LOVED the results!! Inside the house, my hair is more of a dark auburn but in the sun it's sooo bright, red & vibrant. SO pretty. Don't be alarmed, it's a very wearable color, it's not like an obnoxious red or anything. if you're a first timer with red hair (like me), get this color. A star taken off because I must add that my hair did feel a little more dry after about a week and the color bleeds in the shower for about a month. Also, my hair did get really staticy (something I've never had a problem with) but after a month, the color fades, the bleeding stops & the static subsides but overall, I do reccomend and plan on re-touching my color sometime this week (it's been a month since I've dyed my hair).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by hannahwhite12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate this dye. I have relatively thick hair but its about an inch below my chin. one box WILL NOT COVER IT. Not only that, I spent 45 minutes in the shower rinsing it out (the water still didn't run clear). It would be a pretty color if it weren't horrendously patchy. I didn't even think a dye could be this horrible. I'm going back to John Frieda 4R dark red brown.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Vesperi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Target, and the price was fair. I have natural ash black hair that takes colour remarkably well for the darkness. I'd say it took it TOO well in this instance. I've been dying my hair dark rich shades of red for the past five years or so, and this was absolutely the worst I've tried.

The shade was garish, more of a dark vivid pink than red and -extremely- clashy with my fair yellow-toned skin. It also came out much lighter than the samples shown, which only emphasized the clownishness.

I've been happy with some pretty bright colours before, so I'd say the worst thing about it was that there was absolutely no tonal variance or faceting. No "lustre" so to speak. It was completely flat and "blah". I may as well have been wearing a blanket of that colour on my head. I'm not too picky either, having used many many box-dye kits, so I was surprised at my level of disappointment.

The bleeding was extreme. My bathtub looked like a murder scene, and my chair, sheets, pillow, towels, and shirt will never be the same. Even the Manic Panic colours I've used (which are demi-permanent) didn't bleed as much as this.

All in all, I would not use this again, and re-dyed my hair as soon as I could get my hands on something else two days later. If you're going for something really vivid, without wanting the hassle of pre-lightening, it might not be terrible for you. If you are East Asian or Native American, aka yellow-toned, I absolutely advise against it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product was able to turn my dark hair very red. Infact, I only left it in for 15 minutes because I thought my hair would turn out fire engine red. It didn't, but I just don't like the color on me. However, everywhere I go I have people telling me how much they love my hair color. I just feel it doesn't fit well with my skin tone. Anyways, it's a nice color and really does show up on dark hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by LittleDarkDynamite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, if you have naturally black hair like me, you KNOW how hard it is to get vibrant colors to actually work on your hair. And I was a HUGE fan of those power reds from Feria by L'Oreal. Especially 'Ruby Rush'. And I would always have to bleach my hair and ruin it just for that red to show up. So, when Garnier came out with a red very similar to it [I bought it in R3] for dark hair, I felt like my hair was SAVED. Long story short: My hair did not match the color on the box. It came out looking like an extremely dark brown with a slight red tint. SO not worth it. Sad, sad day. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by xteetastic

This is for the R2 hair dye. I had dark brown hair. I dyed it with this hair dye and it turned into a dark red color. It was like a light blackish color with a noticeable red tint, indoors. Outdoors, in the sunlight, it is so red. It made me stand out in the crowd at school. I really love my hair color. I got a lot of compliments on my hair today.

PS. When you rinse the dye out, it's scary. It looks like a murder scene in a bathtub. It looks like blood when you rinse your hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I used R1 first and two months later R2 and I will go onto differences in those two in a minute, but first onto R1. I used R1 on my med toned brown hair. I know this is a high lift color but my hair has a tendency to pull darker with reds and I wanted the most vibrant look possible so I opted for this. Well, as others have said the rinse out on this is horrible. It took literally a full week for the color to wash out and it did bleed on towels and such. The overall color was lovely though, but it did tone down A LOT after the first week, which I was disappointed about. So later I give a try at the R2 and I've had MUCH better results. For some reason this doesn't have the bleeding R1 does. It does have slight bleeding for a week for that is to be expected with such a bright red. The thing most people don't know is red is the biggest molecule when it comes to dyes so it doesn't fully penetrate the hair shaft like smaller dye colors can. Darker dyes like dark brown and black penetrate best that is why they're a biatch to remove. Red though, doesn't go as deep and the shaft hence fade, bleeding and rinse out. The R2 is brighter on application, fades less, and bleeds less though. Not sure why since its a more intense red. I really like the R2 though. I'm a hairdresser and I honestly like this better than most professional colors. It isn't damaging (well no more than any professional color) and the color selection has a nice varity. And for me the color always turns out like on the box. I suggest giving R2 a try though if you are looking for a really good red color!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No