October 22, 2014 | 2149 users online

Highlighters - The Body Shop - Radiant Highlighter

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by mickinicki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. I had tried Benefit's before this one and I found to much too pink. But this one is just pink enough, and shiny more than shimmery. It is great worked on foundation (do not dust powder over it afterwards), patting it on in a big "C" shape on cheekbones and brow bones... It makes the tired skin around the eyes seem much younger, healthier. Really a great "cheating" product to take years off skin, better than piling on foundation. At 13 euros in Spain, I really recommend it, I like the packaging too, very convenient and simple.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by littlemissdaisies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Originally when I bought this product, I hated it. It showed up as nothing more than silver shimmer on my skin and was streaky and unnatural. I think the key to applying this product is to use very little of it and blend it in really well into the skin. It does have a lot of shimmer in it so I tend to only use it if I'm going out at night. I'd say save your money because there are tons of better highlighter out there like the NARS Albatross or Dior Amber Diamond.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by HotLikeMexico

I've read about a million reviews praising Benefit's Highbeam as pretty much the best liquid highlighter out there, suitable for all skintones etc etc. Unfortunately that isn't available where I live.

So I read up a few random reviews (not on MUA) comparing the TBS Radiant Highlighter to Highbeam and decided to buy that. I was NOT disappointed.

Most reviews on MUA are negative regarding this product, but I think it's a lovely highlighter. Absolutely fantastic for brightening up the face, especially on days when you don't feel like applying much makeup or look tired/sallow. I apply very lightly over my cheeks and sweep it up to built intensity on my cheek bones. That gives a very fresh, dewy look to the face.

There is shimmer in this product, but it is not visible. I've worn it from dusk till dawn and not needed any touch-ups or whatever. I also splashed my face with water and the dewy/glowy effect remained.

In daylight, it looks like you are glowing from within - a very natural type of glowiness (not a word, I know). In the evening, it looks very lovely in the soft light and gives a great, illuminated effect.

I've noticed I get noticed a lot more when I go out wearing this. Most days all I need to create a look to last me all day is this product, an eyeliner and, if I feel like it, a lipstick.

It has done me pretty well in summer, but I feel this will look best in winter light when the sun isn't too strong.

This was my very first liquid highlighter and I really like it. All I need is a tiny bit to make my face glow - literally less than a pea-sized amount. Best for dry/combination skin, I would say.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by kawanii

I'm really tempted to compare this highlighter to Benefit's High Beam because I really saw no difference when I grabbed this at The Body Shop and I have yet the time to compare. But for me, this highlighter didnt even show much on my cheekbones when I applied it. And with my primer, it would roll into little specks that really bothered me. Won't be repurchasing and will move on to another better highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by sagittarian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted Benefit's High Beam but I bought this instead hoping it would be the same. It's a bit too glittery/shimmery for my liking and it seems to dry out my skin a little. But it's alright I guess. It does highlight well, albeit in a not so subtle way. It works best if you apply it with a damp sponge rather than spreading it on with your fingers.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product DOES NOT WORK. Period. No glow or shine. Mine didn't even give off a sliver tint or anything after being blended into my skin. Thank goodness I got it on sale because for something so pathetic, I'd not have been happy paying full price.
With that said, at least it doesn't smell bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the body shop, i think they generally carry a handful of great quality products and the odd terrible product. there i've said my defence. but this hilighter is definately one of them and when i used it the first word that came to mine was "rubbish". i know its terribly harsh but the quality and colour of this was a huge disappointment. i agree with a previous reviewer who said this is just silver glitter and nothing else. thats exactly how it finishes on the skin, its not pearlescent or a creamy pigment with a slight shimmer, its just straight up glitter and no pigment. i can't blend this in to hilight because it just sits there, on top of my skin being all glittery and therefore, annoying! if you want a hilighter that looks natural and sophisticated, stay clear.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by TheCat7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't really like this product... I had my eyes on it for a while, but when I finally got it, I was kinda dissappointed.
First of all, the tube looks good and the product looks good in it. But once you open it, you have to be so careful not to squeeze too hard, because the product really just flows out. Not nice.
Once you're over that, the product does not, in my opinion have a beautiful "highlighting-effect" to it, rather than highlighting, it just makes me look shiny, not at all glowy. So no, I will not repurchase this, at least not this particular shade. I got it in number 01, so maybe I will try another shade...
But overall, this is not a great highlighter, not for the "candle-light glow", but if you like "I just came from the gym without a shower-shiny", then this is your go-to thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Luciel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Good product! It blends really well and there are no big glitters, it's just sheen and it looks really nice under the foundation. It creates a lovely natural glow. You can also mix the highlighter with your liquid foundation and apply together.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous glowy liquid highlighter. It's nice and creamy but it blends so easily into the skin. It looks extremely beautiful without being glittery or overly shiny. You can even use it if you're a person who uses powder foundation or mineral makeup. Just make sure you add a sheer layer of powder to set it over the top. Definitely one of my HG products, it's amazing.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No