The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not too much of a review yet because I haven't had it for long, but compared to the Tinted Glow Enhancer (which no longer is available at my store, so it may be discontinued, replaced by this) it is much more pink. The Tinted one is a bronze colour with larger shimmers, where as this highlighter is a lot more subtle natural. Will post comparing swatches soon!

on 12/29/2011 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

While there seems to be alot of controversy whether this product is actually any good, IT IS! In very very small doses, this highlighter works just fine. Use very very little when applying and you'll find that it works great as a highlighter. If you're still having problems with it looking very noticeable, Apply it on your hand from the bottle, then use a finger to put on you're face, and cover with a bit of foundation still if needed. Definitely does wonders!

on 12/26/2011 9:49:00 AM

Great product. I had tried Benefit's before this one and I found to much too pink. But this one is just pink enough, and shiny more than shimmery. It is great worked on foundation (do not dust powder over it afterwards), patting it on in a big "C" shape on cheekbones and brow bones... It makes the tired skin around the eyes seem much younger, healthier. Really a great "cheating" product to take years off skin, better than piling on foundation. At 13 euros in Spain, I really recommend it, I like the packaging too, very convenient and simple.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Originally when I bought this product, I hated it. It showed up as nothing more than silver shimmer on my skin and was streaky and unnatural. I think the key to applying this product is to use very little of it and blend it in really well into the skin. It does have a lot of shimmer in it so I tend to only use it if I'm going out at night. I'd say save your money because there are tons of better highlighter out there like the NARS Albatross or Dior Amber Diamond.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've read about a million reviews praising Benefit's Highbeam as pretty much the best liquid highlighter out there, suitable for all skintones etc etc. Unfortunately that isn't available where I live.

So I read up a few random reviews (not on MUA) comparing the TBS Radiant Highlighter to Highbeam and decided to buy that. I was NOT disappointed.

Most reviews on MUA are negative regarding this product, but I think it's a lovely highlighter. Absolutely fantastic for brightening up the face, especially on days when you don't feel like applying much makeup or look tired/sallow. I apply very lightly over my cheeks and sweep it up to built intensity on my cheek bones. That gives a very fresh, dewy look to the face.

There is shimmer in this product, but it is not visible. I've worn it from dusk till dawn and not needed any touch-ups or whatever. I also splashed my face with water and the dewy/glowy effect remained.

In daylight, it looks like you are glowing from within - a very natural type of glowiness (not a word, I know). In the evening, it looks very lovely in the soft light and gives a great, illuminated effect.

I've noticed I get noticed a lot more when I go out wearing this. Most days all I need to create a look to last me all day is this product, an eyeliner and, if I feel like it, a lipstick.

It has done me pretty well in summer, but I feel this will look best in winter light when the sun isn't too strong.

This was my very first liquid highlighter and I really like it. All I need is a tiny bit to make my face glow - literally less than a pea-sized amount. Best for dry/combination skin, I would say.

on 2/28/2011 2:43:00 AM

I'm really tempted to compare this highlighter to Benefit's High Beam because I really saw no difference when I grabbed this at The Body Shop and I have yet the time to compare. But for me, this highlighter didnt even show much on my cheekbones when I applied it. And with my primer, it would roll into little specks that really bothered me. Won't be repurchasing and will move on to another better highlighter.

on 1/20/2011 3:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I wanted Benefit's High Beam but I bought this instead hoping it would be the same. It's a bit too glittery/shimmery for my liking and it seems to dry out my skin a little. But it's alright I guess. It does highlight well, albeit in a not so subtle way. It works best if you apply it with a damp sponge rather than spreading it on with your fingers.

on 6/20/2010 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product DOES NOT WORK. Period. No glow or shine. Mine didn't even give off a sliver tint or anything after being blended into my skin. Thank goodness I got it on sale because for something so pathetic, I'd not have been happy paying full price.
With that said, at least it doesn't smell bad.

on 6/10/2010 12:00:00 PM

I love the body shop, i think they generally carry a handful of great quality products and the odd terrible product. there i've said my defence. but this hilighter is definately one of them and when i used it the first word that came to mine was "rubbish". i know its terribly harsh but the quality and colour of this was a huge disappointment. i agree with a previous reviewer who said this is just silver glitter and nothing else. thats exactly how it finishes on the skin, its not pearlescent or a creamy pigment with a slight shimmer, its just straight up glitter and no pigment. i can't blend this in to hilight because it just sits there, on top of my skin being all glittery and therefore, annoying! if you want a hilighter that looks natural and sophisticated, stay clear.

on 5/26/2010 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I don't really like this product... I had my eyes on it for a while, but when I finally got it, I was kinda dissappointed.
First of all, the tube looks good and the product looks good in it. But once you open it, you have to be so careful not to squeeze too hard, because the product really just flows out. Not nice.
Once you're over that, the product does not, in my opinion have a beautiful "highlighting-effect" to it, rather than highlighting, it just makes me look shiny, not at all glowy. So no, I will not repurchase this, at least not this particular shade. I got it in number 01, so maybe I will try another shade...
But overall, this is not a great highlighter, not for the "candle-light glow", but if you like "I just came from the gym without a shower-shiny", then this is your go-to thing.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products