September 20, 2014 | 1906 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - confessions of a concealaholic

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by soenchanting3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This kit saves my life. The primer makes my skin glow, the erase paste covers my under eye bags like a dream and I feel like every product in this kit brightens my face and makes me look so refreshed. I have a medium/olive skin tone so the colors match perfectly. I dont use the brushes, and I really wish there was a better long term cover than the plastic film provided. But over all this is an amazing product. I use it every day and it streamlines my routine because I have everything I need for my face in one spot (with the exception of blush).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by The_Shadow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I think its much better to buy products seperately than this kit. Main resons:
1- Erase paste and boing no.2 are too dark for pale gals so you will proably end up not using it like me.
2-Eye bright- I really didnt see any brightning effect.
3-That gal primer- better primers available.proabably not good for oily skins.
4-boing 1- avarage concealer. again much better prooducts available.
5-Lemon aid- The best thing in the box. Lightens discoloarations and brightens skin.

Overall I think it would be wise to try to test the kit before buying and look properly(perhaps a friends) because its quite expensive and not really worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by CookieMonster222

I like the idea behind it that it allows you to sample the various concealers benefit has to offer in one product. This kit is particularly good for people, like me, who are new to Benefit and want to try a few before buying the full sizes. I quite like the box they are presented in and labelled brushes so you know which one to use for which concealer. It also comes with an instruction booklet on how best to use each one and where.
However for me, I kind of found the whole kit to be pretty pointless...
None of them really did anything for me that would make me want to even consider purchasing the full sizes. The lemon aid was probably my favourite one out of all of them. But even that didn't make much of a difference. Boi-ing No.1 concealer was a good match for my skin, but it felt a bit heavy on my skin. I'm glad I didn't pay the full price for this as it is a lot of money spent to then find out you don't really like any of it. The only thing I found that it did do was make me feel like I was wearing more make-up than usual and didn't look as good. I love trying out new products from various brands, but for now I don't think I'll be trying out any more Benefit products.
If you usually buy and like these types of concealers, then you'll probably love this kit. I'm personally best off sticking to my cheaper trusted liquid concealers instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by navywendy

the erase paste turns orange on me, the concealer is ok, but it dries out due to the packaging which is rediculously big for the amount of product. i dont use the lemonaid or pink stuff (cant remember name) and that gal is fine but wouldnt buy a full size of it. overall a waste of money

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a great way to sample some of the benefit face products, but the idea wasn't delivered in a good way. First off, the concealers aren't in a closed compact, which leads to the product drying out before you can finish them. Also, the box is bulky and annoying for the quantity of product provided. I got this mainly because I wanted to try out the Erase Paste and That Gal primer, but both of them disappointed me. In fact, That Gal does not show up on my skin and makes my makeup slide off of my face, and Erase Paste dries my undereye area out and turns into a cakey mess 20 min after application. The only things I like were the boi-ing concealers, which were smooth and pigmented, however they don't last all day for me and I dislike having to touch up. I find that Lemon Aid was too greasy for my lids, but Eye Bright was too dry to use on my dark circles. All in all, I would've much preferred to just buy the concealer themselves. I do not recommend this set, and I urge you to ask for samples at Sephora instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by xtasteofimpact

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

That Gal face primer does not even show up on my skin (olive complexion, w/o a tan), but the boing and erase paste are awesome !! I have hyper pigmentation from acne scars and it covers them completely. This is the first time I've used Benefit, I also bought the shine removing powder, and my face has not looked this good in a while. There is no shine in my face at the end of the day, and usually it was within an hour of applying make up. I would definitely recommend this to someone who needs heavy coverage and has oily/combo skin. It's probably too much for someone who needs light coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Ribena76

I bought this based on all the good reviews, plus as I was looking for a new concealer. I'm so glad I didn't decided to pay the full 20 something pounds and managed to find one online for half the price. I must say it was worth trying as it allows you to sample their various concealing products before buying the full sizes. Despite looking forward to trying it out unfortunately, I can't say there was much I liked about it.
The majority of the colour shades of the concealers were too dark, with the exception of Boi-ing no.1 which matched well, but didn't have as much concealing power as I would have liked. The Erase Paste did cover my under eye circles but was too dark and too thick to not crease into fine lines. That Gal primer I found didn't really do anything in terms of brightening up my skin, neither did the Eye Bright. I did quite like the Lemon Aid in making my eyes appear brighter and more awake. However for the price it would cost to buy the full size, it's not really anything special.
I don't usually like creamy concealers as I find them to be too thick and heavy on my skin, so usually prefer to use liquid ones that seem to work better on me. Using this only confirmed that.
My biggest problem with this kit was that it was a good job I was planning on applying foundation over the top, because after having applied everything, I felt I looked a bit like a clown! Plus for the effort taken to apply it all, it wasn't really worth it as it didn't make much of a difference. The only thing it did was cause me to wear more make-up than what was intended.
I can't not recommend it as it is a nice little kit which introduces you to Benefit products if you've never used them before. Also as they're samples it means you could save a lot of money by not splashing out straight away for the full sized ones. You may become a Benefit convert.
For me however, this kit was simply 'meh' and I don't plan to re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this set as it is a nice way to sample a few different products that I'd read a lot about. I bought it search of a new concealer, for that I started out using Boi-ing quite a bit but didn't like it very much... Seems too thin. I use Erase Paste both under my eyes & for red spots & I love it - my HG concealer for now. Eye Bright is normally a good product - I have it in pencil form - but the version in this set doesn't work very well, I find it hard to scrape it out of the pan & get an even application. Lemon Aid just plain looks funny on me without eyeshadow, I haven't tried it as a base for eyeshadow as I have other products that I love for that. That Girl primer... well, I didn't notice any difference at all. Overall it's a nice set, a little pricey; I wouldn't repurchase but it is nice to try the different products.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by thebeautymakeupreview

This is a really clever little product. It contains a sample size of that gal, erase paste, boi-ing 01 and 02, eye bright and lemon aid. I love erase paste and boi-ing. The lemon aid eye primer is really nice as well and I love that' gal primer. The eye bright version in this kit I found wasn't great. The main great thing about this product is it gives you a chance to try quite a few Benefit products without having to spend all the money purchasing them individually! Full review here :) beautymakeupreview.blogspot.com

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just received this kit a few days ago. The packaging is very cute and it comes with a little booklet on how to apply all the products. It comes with "That Girl" brightening primer which for me did absolutely nothing. Good thing it was just a sample and I didn't purchase the full size at full price because I would not have been happy. The next product it comes with is a small jar of Erase Paste which is a very good concealer IMO. It does go on a bit thick but it's a heavy duty concealer and will cover most anything. It also comes with another type of concealer called Bo-ing in both light and medium shades. This concealer is also heavy duty and will cover most anything. The next product in the box is Eye Bright which is a pink eye brightener. I put this in the inner corners of my eyes and it did brighten them up. The last product is Lemon Aid which is an eye primer. Since it's yellow and thick I don't really care for it much. If you are using neutral colored shadows then it might work but if you put purples, greens or blue shadows, this primer doesn't work very well.
The kit comes with 2 double sided brushes that has the name of each product to use with each side.

I feel that this product is very expensive for the amount that you get. It cost me $36 at Sephora.com Would I purchase again? I put No on the menu because there is no option for I don't know. So I will just say Maybe. It is a good way to sample the products albeit a very costly way.