December 19, 2014 | 1563 users online

Toners - Jurlique - Rosewater Balancing Mist

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this product is listed as a 'toner' I definitely wouldn't call it a toner in the ordinary 'use after cleansing' sense of the word. Rather, I bought it to use as a hydrating pick-me-up during the day when my skin gets a bit dry from being in a building that runs airconditioning/heating all day.

To be frank, it doesn't really seem to do much at all. It's refreshing enough when I spray it but as soon as it dries, my skin goes back to how it was - I could really have gotten the same refreshment from spraying water on myself.
The smell is pleasant (for me) but I can see how others might find it to be a bit too fake and strong.

Also, just something to be careful with, it contains alcohol so if you have very dry or sensitive skin, I'd either stay clear or use it very rarely. So far, it hasn't had any negative effects on my dry/sensitive skin but that said, I use it about once or twice a month.

Lastly, the bottle is made out of glass and the 'lid' on top comes off quite easily. As such, I also recommend not keeping it in your bag as it could potentially shatter or, as happened to me, the product can leak.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Do I need this? Probably not. Do I keep repurchasing it because I always end up using the mist up? Yes.

I love Jurlique - so I might be a little biased on this review. The rose water mist is not a must have product for anybody. It isn't a toner that really cleans your face (I prefer using other toners after my cleanser to remove all my make up). It's pretty expensive for what it is and I've have similar results using 'natural brand' toners that are around 10-15 dollars I buy at health food stores/Whole Foods.

I use this Jurlique mist as a pick me up. I love the packaging and it makes me feel luxurious - it's a splurge product. It's great for spritizing on your face after you've done your foundation/powder because it makes my make up look a little more dewy. I carry it in my purse and spritz on my face throughout the day (especially in hot/humid weather). It just feels refreshing. I've brought it to the beach, on airplanes... etc. Honestly, I haven't had any noticeable skin care benefits from using it (other toners like NARS multi-action hydrating toners are definitely more skin care toners for me)

Some people hate glass packaging, the glass does not bother me as I keep most of my cosmetics on a vanity table versus bathroom cabinets. The bottle does feel a little heavy and bulky so keep that in mind if packaging like that bothers you. The 'spritzer' works flawlessly - it never gets clogged up, it distributes a very fine, even mist.

And obviously, the toner smells like rose water. I love rose scented anything, but if you have a sensitive sense of smell and don't enjoy florals it might bother you.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by tinka10

I don't particularly like these kind of 'spray on toners' but this one is quite nice. Its great for refreshing the skin after cleansing and also throughout the day over your make-up. The only thing I dislike is the scent, it smells like your spraying Rose perfume onto your skin. Its overpowering, and I couldn't get used to it even after a month of use.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

This is one of the product which i buy just to indulge myself. I love the cool scented rose water on my face, and how easily my skin absorbs the mist. I spray it when i am in the office as a quick perk me up. It does not leave my face sticky, and does not ruin my make up. Have not used it to set my make up as some has suggested coz it is always in my office. However, i don't see any visible change on my skin and i am not even sure what it does for my skin. I bought the 100 ml bottle when i was in Australia figuring it should be cheaper in the country of origin. It cost me about 50 SGD after converting from AUD to SGD. Pretty sure it is way way way more expensive in Singapore. Unless i go back to Aussie and wishes to indulge my senses, probably will not buy this product again! Girls, if you have any cheaper spray mist please do let me know!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by lovelyharmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did wonders in balancing my skin out, kept the oils on my nose at bay and at the same time hydrated my skin. My foundation on my nose no longer skipped and slides around like it used to due to the oiliness accumulated throughout the day.bathe scent is amazing as well. Definitely a staple in my beauty regime!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by FayeYao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as a present and have used up about half of the bottle.

I use it as a traditional toner. It's got a very strong rosy smell -- quite pleasant but to me a bit too artificial. When I was first using it I did not read the instruction carefully and did not shake well before I applied, and I didn't find it doing much to my skin. However after I realized that I have to shake it before using, I did find it quite moisturising -- but that's about it. I didn't find anything special about this one, and it can certainly be replaced with cheaper alternatives.

It's quite expensive for such a toner that does only the basic moisturising, so I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:11:00 AM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a free sample of this and I'm so glad I never bought or paid any money whatsoever for it. I'm Jurlique's biggest fan but I think that this is kind of ridiculous. It does absolutely nothing for me except smell ok. I figured should at least use up the tiny sample so sometimes I spray it around my office just for giggles. Marketing gone mad...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by blushmetweetme

This is a lovely product. It tones and refreshes the skin in one. The scent is also light and beautiful. I use it every morning and every evening and couldn't imagine life without it now.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by hannahsarai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I first purchased this product I was convinced it was a scam however after sometime I have found multiple uses for the spray. I spray it on my face first to create a light consistency to my moisturizer and use it throughout the day when I am feeling hot and bothered or I feel my makeup is looking a little crusty. WOuld definitely but again, very useful for those thick moisturizers you own.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by annacay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good product. It's clarifying as a toner, and has a soothing floral scent.