September 18, 2014 | 1669 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by stls

I guess it's not a bad moisturizer but it wasn't for me. Felt refreshing but left my face too shiny and the smoothness was just the illusion effect of silicons. I don't like that much silicons in my moisturizer (it looks like it will never absorb and hydrate properly) I will continue using it as a foundation primer. Works nicely for that purpose but I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Have tried various EL products. I have dehydrated skin and this is not doing much for me. My skin still feels dry even though I've tried adding it with other products(vitamin c serum for example) to see if it will "sink in." I really need a product that doesn't "sit on top." I'm still looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked this cream a lot. It made my skin feel good right away. I like the fresh smell too but I honestly can't say it's worth the price. I'm going to keep looking for a
more inexpensive brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by rakelpetersen

Hmm i thought it was mousterising.. It is in a way, but it not enough for me. Very good for mature skin because it contains Hydrochloric acid.. it smells nice and refreshing..

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by MariaLee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample as GWP. I bought Time Zone Night which is excellent and the shop gave me a 0.5 oz jar. The scent is very light, almost unscented. BUT it did absolutely nothing, it is not very moist, here in Taiwan is very humid, this cream does nothing at all. But it didn't give me any bump or zit and I'm usually sensitive to creams, any Olay gives me a zit the next day, so I pay $$ for EL, Lancome because high brands don't give me any zit.I put in the morning, at night I wash my face and it is getting drier. I was trying this new product but I was a Hydra Zen user (Lancome) for many years. With the Hydra Zen, I could wash my face at night and see that my lines and wrinkles were softer. I decided to try the GWP of this product, but the results were zero, aftwe washing my face, lines were there and also some dry patches. But at least this cream doesn't irritate my eyes like the Resilience serie which yelds good results but my eyes can't stand that product, I start to have runny nose, my eyes water, at the end I need to wash the product away. This cream has almost no scent, doesn't irritate my eyes, but it does nothing, not even a good moisturizer. I'm happy that I got it as a GWP to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by MJelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased a lotion version and quite dissapointed: it clogs my pores and at the same time leaves dry patches in some areas. I have a combination skin (cheeks are dry and nose/forehead tend to be oily) and use it with EL Futurist liquid foundation, which is very good.
I'm going to return it back, and still looking for a product with good moisturizing capacity without clogging my pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very nice Estee Lauder SA recommended me this creme right after she saw how dry my skin was (I had oil-free liquid foundation on). If moisture is the only concern this product deserves a 5. It's superb rich and keeps my face moisturized the entire day. But, I really cannot stand the smell of the creme on my face, and it doesn't go away. Also, it caused me to breakout. When I go to bed I'd feel that my skin cannot breathe if I apply this. I'm better off going to bed without any moisturizer than with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been using this cream in the combination formula for a month now, so I thought I'd add my own opinion on it. It's absolutely lovely! My skin has been extremely dehydrated by Accutane to the point where I get completely red and flakey whereas normally I only need a lotion to survive winter. I originally listened to the SA who gave me the lighter version as a big (15mL) sample, but I went back to buy the full size of the dry skin version. When I apply the cream, it feels rather nourishing to the skin, it's not too heavy, oily or masky but feels protective and takes a few seconds to completely set into my skin. It makes my skin silky and soft, while giving me a healthy, non-greasy glow. I love how it works very well under all my foundations, either liquid, powder or crème. The cream has silicones which helps with the texture and staying power of my makeup too. Normally my skin cannot tolerate silicone for a prolonged amount of time. However, it seems like the amount of them in this specific formula isn't important enough to cause me troubles! Do note that my skin has been much less clog-prone ever since I started Accutane (I'm on my 2nd month) so you can never be too sure until you try it for yourself! The perfume in this cream isn't as heavy as say, Chanel's skincare (those ones made my eyes water and my face burn the moment I put the product on). It's also a great fresh scent that fades away moments after application. I have no trouble with this cream as an eye cream, however I recently received their Re-nutriv facial cream and eye cream as GWP (extremely generous gifts IMO) so I will use those on my eye area first. I'm absolutely in love with this cream the moment I put it on, and it feels like a treat every moment I am massaging it in. I use this under my sunscreen/foundation during the day in a light layer and at night, over my extremely beloved EL ANR serum as a thick layer to nourish and repair my skin at night. I also sometimes smooth on three layers of ANR as a treatment after using Decleor's PhytoPeel and use this cream at the final touch to my nighttime routine. I do want to mention that the jar packaging isn't my favorite. My way to preserve the cream as much as possible is to open up the jar with clean hands, scoop out two peas' amount and immediately put the lid back on. After smoothing the cream allover, I screw the lid shut. I know that it's not closing it completely, but I like to use clean fingers to apply my cream :P Overall I'm enthralled with the results and I push everyone to try it! Just ask your SA for a sample and you'll realize how much you've been missing ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Please note: this review is for the Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Lotion, in a pump, so it's not for the richer cream in a pot.

Seriously though: WOW. I have been searching and searching (not to mention spending and wasting a ton of money) for a decent moisturiser that doesn't break me out but does actually moisturise. Haven't had any luck so far and believe me, I have tried every big brand out there: Clinique, Kanebo, Avene, Vichy... most gave me spots, others just didn't make much of a difference.

I have recently bought the Estee Lauder Daywear Spf 15 lotion for oily/combination oily skin and that's another one that actually agrees with my skin, so I use that one for daytime, however it didn't seem to really do anything for the dryness-lines at the top of my cheeks, where they go into my temples. I just turned 31 so am starting to notice these things now... So I wanted something that would help with them without clogging my pores. Unfortunately I got talked into buying Clinique's super rescue anti-oxidant night cream, which of course broke me out like mad. Thankfully I could exchange it, so since the other Estee Lauder lotion in a pump turned out so well I decided to give this one a try and boy, does it work! Since I started to use it, the lines have completely disappeared and not returned. Also, no breakouts so far.

If it continues to deliver like this I will most definitely repurchase.

Oh yeah, two more pro's on this one: the smell (very light and fresh) and the fact that it comes in a pump and is easy to spread. One pump dispenses a tiny amount that is enough to spread across the entire face and does the trick. Like all top-end products it feels overpriced (fancy packaging, shitloads of marketing etc) but since I haven't been able to find a drugstore moisturiser that doesn't cause my skin any trouble I am OK with shelling out for this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

I don't think it's a bad moisturizer, just not for me. It's too light for my skin since my skin is more on the dry side. In order for me to use this cream, i have to wear it on top of another cream as a top up.

I do like the fact that it's non-greasy. Your skin feels moisturized without being oily. Absorbs quite well right away but doesn't last and I have to re-apply afterwards in a few hours.