April 20, 2014 | 1740 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by mnguyen34

I had such high hopes for this sunscreen! For my morning routine, I applied the sunscreen on my bare face. The sunscreen applied wonderfully and dried down to an undetectable matte finish on my skin. I applied primer over the sunscreen and then my foundation. I set it with a light dusting of Ben Nye's banana powder and went off to work. The only new item that I included in my routine that morning was the sunscreen.

Halfway through the day, I caught a glimpse of my face in the ladies' room mirror and was horrified at the dark orange face that I saw reflected in the mirror. At first I thought I was being stalked by an attractive stylishly dressed oompa loompa until my brain came back from fantasy land and I realized the orange face in the mirror belonged to me. As I was already in the ladies room, I scrubbed anyway the dark orange makeup/sunscreen combo and reapplied all of my makeup again, but omitting the sunscreen this time. At the end of the day, my makeup looked exactly the same as when I had applied it. That's when I knew for sure that the sunscreen was the culprit for turning me into an attractive stylish oompha loopha. Well I am happy to report that she has vanished and I will not be resurrecting her ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by sunlovin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read about this product in Allure and was eager to try it as I did Pixel and another laser treatment in the Spring and wanted to keep the chased-off dark spots away. However, this sunscreen makes my oily, acne prone skin BREAK OUT! I wasn't sure it was the sunscreen so experimented with eliminating other products one by one, and in the end, the Neutrogena sunscreen was definitely the culprit. May be fine for those blessed with clear skin but if you're prone to breakouts with oily skin (like me), I would not recommend. At least my oily skin keeps my skin moist and makes me look young for my age : )

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff is so great. It doesn't make me break out, doesn't make me more oily than I would normaly be and works great under my makeup. I'm on my second bottle and will buy more

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by xxellzox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fair skin so sunscreen is absolutely necessary, but my skin is also very oily so I would never wear it. My dermatologist recommended a couple sunscreens to me, but I wasn't happy with any of them. Finally they recommended this one to me, and I have been happily using it daily ever since. When I first put some in my hand I thought it was going to be a greasy nightmare, but it absorbs SO nicely into skin. I can't say my skin isn't oily because that's how it naturally is, but this is the only sunscreen I have used that hasn't made my face greasy or more oily. This also applies sheer enough that I can reapply it throughout the day without feeling like its building up. I would highly recommend this sunscreen, it is the best I have used and I am definitely going to be repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this firstly as it uses Neutrogena's "Helioplex" formula for sreening. This is the best system except La Roche-Posay "Anthelios" which is insanely more expensive. It just hasn't been FDA approvd yet here sort of like when Parsol 1789 was not saleable here because of FDA holdups though it was used in Europe for years prior. "Helioplex" screens the "A" rays as efficiently as it does the "B" rays. The "A" rays are far more damaging as they penetrate deeper within the skin causing worse (sometimes cancer) damage than "B" rays (which simply burn the skin, not that this is not bad as well.) You've heard the term "broadspectrum" which means sreening of both rays. The problem is their ability to maintain the sreening of "A" rays for as long as they screen "B" rays. Their system of screening "A" rays breaks down quickly and is not as efficient as their system of "B" ray screening. That's why "Helioplex" is superior. I also love the fact you use drops of this on your face (so you're using very little of it) and you may apply this to bear skin and then use your serums/moisturizers/ makeup on top. It says this on the packaging the product comes within, but does not say this very important fact on the bottle itself. Because of the packaging/size of this product and using just drops of it I believe this is Neutrogena's facial/undermakeup under everything product for FACIAL use w/out interfering with your skincare/makeup regine and that very regine not interfering with the efficiency of this product. I LOVE THIS SUNSCREEN and so will you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by evyyhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: non-greasy, works great under make up, face stays mate all day, does not cause breakouts.
Cons: fragrance may be irritating & overpowering, may cause burning or stinging (either on the facial skin or eyes), may cause redness on the skin, drying.

I have acne prone & very sensitive skin. I love all the benefits listed above but it really irritates my skin. I use retin-A cream at night so perhaps my skin is way too sensitive and cannot tolerate the fragrance & chemicals in this sunscreen. My face was allergic to the fragrance & chemicals in this sunscreen, & developed red itchy patches & cracked during the day. I think this would be a great sunscreen for people with normal or oily skin. For people with sensitive skin, this sunscreen may cause irritation & may not be suitable for their skin condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by medsmku

Generally I love this stuff. I stopped using the ultra dry sheer touch (or ultra sheer dry touch??) when they added helioplex to everything, which is supposed to be better protection but turned my face white and pilled during application (gross). The bullet points:

1) no nasty white face! yay! i have dark skin, so when something gives me that face, it is OBVIOUS.
2) very light and not greasy at all, it seems to disappear almost on contact, which is great if this is what you're looking for, however on the other hand...
2.5) it does not moisturize much at all. i have combo skin, and this is just not cutting it this winter (however it IS only a sunscreen, and maybe expecting a sunscreen to protect AND moisturize was hoping for too much). even the usually oily parts of my face still feels pretty tight after i apply this sunscreen, so you may need a separate moisturizer. Ultra sheer whatever-its-called is more moisturizing. I also sort of miss how the ultra sheer stuff had antioxidants in it. just made me feel better somehow.
3) doesn't break me out
4) doesn't smell weird. i can't actually remember what i smells like, and i use it every day, so that's probably a good sign.
5) no pilling

All in all a pretty great product, does what it says on the packaging....on the other hand, that is ALL that it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by beauanderos

I LOVE this sunblock!
I'm in my 20s and i always hear about how i should protect myself from the harmful, aging uv rays, so i decided it was time to invest in some that i could use everyday. If im on vacation, or in the sun alot at the beach, etc then i def use a water proof spray on type of sunblock, but THIS sunblock i would highly recommend for everyday use. In my case, I think the wording they used on the packaging was true: it works well under makeup, its liquidy ( a pea size amount works well for my face ) and it dried quickly which i liked so i could put my moisturized on immediately after. I recommend this product, and would use again!

Reading the other reviews did make me want to mention that this may not be suitable for pool, or beach use, but everyday, yes! no grease, shine, or mussing up my makeup :) thanks! i hope this helped!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by agonzalez077

I bought this product because I'm as assistant teacher and spend alot of time outside in the sun with the kids. I liked it because it was spf 70, which made me feel alot safer than the spf15. Yet, I have to say I do not like the fact that its liquid form. I feel that, because its so loose and watery, I dont get the coverage I need. In conclusion, I like the high spf, but not the liquid aspect and therefore I would not buy again. Good luck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was generally pleased with this product until I used it while on vacation where I did a lot of swimming in the ocean. It didn't make me oily absorbed well and caused no break outs. Great for day to day and I thought it would be a great lower cost alternative to my HG Sheseido. Unfortunately not so much. After some swimming in salt water I reapplied this and it felt like my face was on fire. I tried rinsing my face with fresh water but this stuff really stays on unless you wash your face well with a cleanser. At the end of the day the more sensitive parts of my face like just below my sunglasses where perspiration begins to pool and around my nose were rough and blistered but not like anything resembling a sunburn. I will say it does it's job in that regard. If I could give this negative lippies I would. I've used many a crappy sunscreen but never had an experience like that before so beware if you plan on taking this stuff to the beach and have sensitive skin.
**UPDATE

Not sure if anyone will read such an old post however I figured I should add that 2 years after getting what amounts to chemical burns on the top of my cheek bones from what I'm assuming was an allergic reaction when the ingredients in this sunscreen combined with salt water/perspiration, I'm still trying to get rid of a huge brown spot left behind after the damaged area healed. Now anytime I try a makeup or sunscreen with similar ingredients it feels like someone has taken a blow torch to my face within seconds. Patch test and break a sweat it could save you some damage and trips to a Derm!