Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock spf 70

3.7

Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 7.5%, Oxybenzone 5%. Water, cetyl dimethicone, silica, styrene/acrylates copolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, ethylhexylglycerin, steareth-100, caprylyl glycol, pentylene glycol, steareth-2, cyclopentasiloxane, polyester-7, chlorphenesin, bisabolol, disodium EDTA, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, butylene glycol, BHT, mannan, xanthan gum, polymethyl methacrylate, camellia oleifera leaf extract, diethylhexyl 2,6-naphthalate, tocopheryl acetate, portulaca oleracea extract, pantothenic acide, retinyl palmitate, ascorbic acid, phenoxyethanol, fragrance.

on 8/24/2013 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! Its so light and not at all greasy. It completely disappears underneath your foundation. I'm very fair skinned so I burn extremely easy, and this stuff keeps me from getting burnt while I still have nice looking makeup! I personally would suggest this to anyone looking for a makeup friendly sunblock. :)

on 7/23/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I don't know what it is about this stuff, but it irritates the HELL out of my eyes every time I've tried it. I end up having to wash off all the makeup around my eyes to rinse them out and they'll still be burning. Like, an hour later once I'm outside my eye is still irritated... wtf? I'd say my eyes are somewhat sensitive since they tend to tear up like crazy when trying to apply lashes and sometimes eyeliner, but they've never reacted this negatively to a product. Oh, and it made me greasy too.

I'm going to move on to try Japanese sunscreens like I had originally planned to. I've heard they've got the "invisible fluid consistency" game on-lock, and hopefully they won't try to murder my eyes!

on 7/9/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It's not the worst sunscreen for the face, but no where near the best.
I have really oily skin and have heard some great things about this sunscreen, so I thought I'd go ahead and try it.
Claims to be oil free, have a weightless liquid formula, and layer invisibly under makeup. While it is oil free, it gave my face a really oily/greay effect right after I applied it. I thought it'd "evaporate" or dry to a matte finish, but 10 minutes later I still had a greasy face :( I continued to put on my foundation, concealer, powder like normal and noticed 2 hours later my face was a grease-ball and normally with the products I use I can go about 4-5 hours before getting oily. So... I'm not impressed, and won't be using this under makeup.
Also I couldn't stand the smell. I use the regular Ultra Sheer sunscreen for my body and that scent doesn't bother me that much, but this one had a super sunscreen-y smell that just wouldn't go away. Plus it's kind of expensive at $12 plus tax; I'd rather wait for when CVS has a good sale on the "La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid" which I love!

on 6/9/2013 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great sunscreen - disappears under makeup and feels nice and light. The package makes it easy to appy and to use it all up. I've had a lot of trouble with other sunscreens, including several from Neutrogena, being too thick and not working with my foundation/bb cream. This soaks in super fast, though I do take a few minutes to get dressed before applying bb cream. All in all, fantastic product.

on 6/5/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I hate sunscreen (or rather, my skin hates sunscreen). I have adult acne, rosacea, atopic dermatitis and am hypersensitive to many skincare ingredients. I have trouble finding any products to use, let alone sun protection. And yet, I work outdoors some of the day, so sun protection is a must. And my hair never met a hat it could tolerate.

I've tried dozens of sunscreens, physical and chemical, all of which have left me with some kind of reaction -- from severe dermatitis to large, painful cysts. Yet I continue to try new ones in hopes that I can find that magic formula that will be the ONE. Enter Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 70. I actually bought this one for my husband, but in a fit of experimentation one day, I used it myself. To my complete surprise, at the end of the day, I didn't have a face full of zits or red irritation bumps. I wore it again the next day. One or two little irritation bumps, but nothing more. Over weeks, I continued to apply it (not every day), and my results remained consistent. My skin isn't crazy about avobenzone-based sunscreens (they do sting a little on application and my eyes so react for a while), but overall this one is a winner.

This liquid IS ultra sheer. It's a light as a feather. After application, there's only a slight sheen. Makeup or other face products apply like a dream over it. The real downside is that it's not water or sweat-proof, so reapplication is a must.

This chemical sunscreen does contain oxybenzone, which I would prefer not to use for health reasons. However, by wearing it I'm getting some protection which I thought I'd never find. So, you'll have to pry this sunscreen from my cold, dead hands before I'll give this one up.

on 5/10/2013 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Like many I have tried many many sunscreens for my oily face including many by clinique and peter thomas roth. This is by far the best product I have ever tried. I apply my face cream first, let it set, and then put this on and let it dry and then continue my makeup routine. It does not make me oily and I will be repurchasing this when I run out.

on 4/7/2013 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. Because I regularly use Retin-A for my acne, it is imperative that I use a high SPF on my face during the day. For me (and for the price), this product can't be beat. I use it everyday and generally mix it with an oil-free moisturizer/primer/ beauty balm. It doesn't make me break out (or turn orange, like one reviewer mentioned) and it really protects against the sun. I am sensitive to strong scents, and I haven't noticed this product's smell at all. It does seem like it will be on the oily side when you first apply, but it absorbs nicely. If you are on a budget, it is worth a try.

on 4/3/2013 10:57:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this sunscreen! For my morning routine, I applied the sunscreen on my bare face. The sunscreen applied wonderfully and dried down to an undetectable matte finish on my skin. I applied primer over the sunscreen and then my foundation. I set it with a light dusting of Ben Nye's banana powder and went off to work. The only new item that I included in my routine that morning was the sunscreen.

Halfway through the day, I caught a glimpse of my face in the ladies' room mirror and was horrified at the dark orange face that I saw reflected in the mirror. At first I thought I was being stalked by an attractive stylishly dressed oompa loompa until my brain came back from fantasy land and I realized the orange face in the mirror belonged to me. As I was already in the ladies room, I scrubbed anyway the dark orange makeup/sunscreen combo and reapplied all of my makeup again, but omitting the sunscreen this time. At the end of the day, my makeup looked exactly the same as when I had applied it. That's when I knew for sure that the sunscreen was the culprit for turning me into an attractive stylish oompha loopha. Well I am happy to report that she has vanished and I will not be resurrecting her ever again.

on 9/19/2012 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I read about this product in Allure and was eager to try it as I did Pixel and another laser treatment in the Spring and wanted to keep the chased-off dark spots away. However, this sunscreen makes my oily, acne prone skin BREAK OUT! I wasn't sure it was the sunscreen so experimented with eliminating other products one by one, and in the end, the Neutrogena sunscreen was definitely the culprit. May be fine for those blessed with clear skin but if you're prone to breakouts with oily skin (like me), I would not recommend. At least my oily skin keeps my skin moist and makes me look young for my age : )

on 8/21/2012 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this stuff is so great. It doesn't make me break out, doesn't make me more oily than I would normaly be and works great under my makeup. I'm on my second bottle and will buy more