Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

3.8

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil/Rosehip Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia oil/Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil/Geranium Oil, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil fmla 685449/18 Code F.I.L: D39273/5

on 4/23/2015 6:51:00 AM

This product fixed my skin - and I didn't even realise it needed fixing! Only used it because I received a free sample and had heard about all the hype, and not because I thought I needed it. I am 23 with a very youthful-looking skin (no fine lines) and occasional blemish or two. I do, however, have uneven skin tone due to blemish scarring. Nothing too noticeable, but it is something that I assumed I was stuck with as no other product has been able to fix it. I also have very sensitive skin with some dry patches here and there.

Didn't notice a dramatic change immediately after the first use but after a couple of nights my skin just looks flawless! I could not believe my eyes. I've only been using it for about a week but my skin tone is so much more even - so much so that I think I now prefer my skin without make up. The dry patches are gone.

It didn't break me out either. I had a very unhealthy couple of days so I was fully expecting some blemishes to appear but haven't had any since I started using it, so perhaps this product even helped to avoid them? Can't be sure though.

Overall, very impressed.

on 4/21/2015 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I live in Singapore, where it is hot and humid outside, but is virtually air-conditioned and drying indoors. This product was recommended to me by a friend, who has naturally dry skin (Outer dry, but oiler below the dermis), who swears by it and uses it before bed. I tried it, liked it and eventually purchased my own bottle.

It is quite pricey, but a little goes a long way. And true to its name, it is best used for night-time only, so the skin absorbs the essential nutrients while we sleep. I also like to use this sometimes on long plane rides, just because of the soothing smell.

As for the effect: while it did not leave me with breakouts, it did not really dramatically improve skin texture or firmness. What I did see in the morning after having this on at night, is that the skin is calm and hydrated. It looks well rested and also not oily. I love using this on weekends actually, so that when I wake up I just splash my face with cool water and go.

If you want to (or already lead) a very healthy lifestyle, and really want to streamline your stash of products, this is something to consider because it feels really healthy for the skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product made my normally very soft skin very dry and I noticed pimples even after first time I used it. I tried it several other times but each time it was the same effect. I tried it on my hands since it was not effective on my face not to put it into the trash but there it did not do anything either. I wouldn't recommend it.

on 4/14/2015 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been searching for a good face serum and this one caught my eye. Bi have acne prone combination skin that's been a little more dry lately. I am prone to redness. This stuff is like a freakin spa for your face! My skin immediately felt moisturized and more plump. When I woke up the next morning, my already existing acne had reduced in size and started to fade! Even my mother whom I was visiting with at the time took notice. Because of that I have been sold on this product. It smells amazing, mostly of lavender. It's a blend of essential oils. Some say these oils can be irritating to the skin but I haven't had a problem. The packaging itself looks luxurious. I love the cobalt blue bottle and the button dropper which dispenses just the right amount of product - nothing goes to waste.

I have had mine for 6 months now and it's still practically full. If you're worried about the price it really is a good value because it lasts for a long time.

on 4/7/2015 8:06:00 AM

I am currently on my second blue bottle and officially a Kiehl's convert.

I apply the Midnight Recovery Concentrate while my still skin is damp after cleansing at night. It is very lightweight and absorbs quickly, which is perfect for me as I cannot deal with anything sticky/gloopy/heavy gluing me to my pillow as I try to get my beauty sleep.

The light texture means that it is not particularly moisturising, which is not a major concern for me, however you may want to layer a moisturiser on top of this if you have a dryer complexion. I found that the oil sped up the recovery process for any spots/scars and helps refine texture.
I love the calming botanical scent and convenient yet sophisticated packaging.

The price is a little hefty, but I will continue to repurchase if I continue to see great results and clear, radiant skin.

on 4/4/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty blue bottle and nice scent. This oil is light and very absorbent, but it's not the most moisturizing and I didn't see any difference in my skin. My skin did feel softer and it didn't cause any breakouts, but that's about it with the results

on 3/31/2015 7:27:00 AM

This was my first Kiehl's product that I have tried. Such a surprise! I have a sensitive skin and usually some red patches on my face especially in the mornings. This concentrate made the tone of my skin even and dehydrated.

This concentrate has a strong smell, which may be a problem for some people, but the smell vanishes quite quickly.

on 3/28/2015 5:33:00 PM

I have purchased and fully finished this product twice. The quality was good and I found myself waking up with soft skin but I wasn't that thrilled by it for the price. No breakouts but also no wow factor.

on 3/23/2015 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an ok product. Not bad at all. But it's not a stand out when there are so many others that seem to benefit the skin more. It does make your skin soft and luminous the next day but so does Tarte Maracuja Oil or Nude Oil or any other facial oils I've tried. It doesn't stand out from anything else I've tried. The only thing in the running for that is the Sunday Riley Luna Oil. (AMAZEBALLS).. I do like the Kiehl's but when there are so many others in competition that do primarily the same thing I guess you have to go with the better bang for your budget! :-)

on 3/23/2015 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I was given a bottle of the Midnight Recovery serum by a friend who said it broke her out in itchy bumps. Since my skin usually responds well to most oils, except grapeseed, I decided to give it a try. The dropper bottle is very neat and it's easy to avoid making a mess. 1 + for that.
I cleansed and toned my skin before applying the serum. First thought: yikes, lavender! The essential oils have a very strong scent which might put some people off. It sunk in nicely but left my cheeks feeling dry, so I applied the Kiehl's Multi Corrective-Cream to seal it in. After about an hour my face felt warm and uncomfortable and when I looked in the mirror my face looked kind of blotchy. It settled down before I fell asleep but the morning after I woke up to parched and uncomfortably dry skin accompanied by a red patch which had developed on my left cheek. Not a breakout, just angry skin.
This particular mix of essential oils was obviously too harsh for both me and my friend. My advice for anyone looking for hydration in the form of oils would be to look elsewhere! Try The Organic Pharmacy's 'Skin Rescue Oil' instead.

Popular Treatments (Face)