April 18, 2014 | 960 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by nicholeabigail

This is a review on the normal skin one... I have normal to dry skin in winter and normal to combination in summer. I get a teensy bit oily around my nostrils, on my nose and on my chin. I usually can only put powder in those areas. This powder I put all over my face because I love the finish it gives me. It looks flawless. It also has a decent amount of coverage. I like the puff too! It's soft and great for touch ups. The smell doesn't bother me but its quite strong. It's a really affordable powder and better than any I've tried. I love the packaging too! It doesn't accentuate any of the tiny little hairs on my face which is what I was looking for. My new favourite powder. Btw I have this in buff beige

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Caitlinnn344

I bought this powder off of a recommendation from a friend of mine and I love it! It controls my oil, isn't cakey or powdery on the skin and has my shade ( I'm very pale) only downsides are it can catch on dry flakes of skin ( so not good if you have dry skin) and the packaging breaks. Now the breaking may not be CG fault, I keep it in my backpack and it may break just bc it's constantly being thrown on the floor. The powder itself has never broken tho ( surprisingly ) the clasp always breaks and then eventually the lid breaks so not a big deal. Overall great powder would definetly reccomend!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

This powder is aweful! Cakey and definitely not light in the skin. Disappointed:/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by xxch3yxx

This powder (so far) is my favorite! My face tends to get very oily and shiny throughout the day causing my face to look almost water wet! GROSS! This powder is the best iv used so far. You must understand that the consistency of this powder is very dusty and dry and that is because it is made to dry up that pesky oily shine your face produces over the day. I would only recommend this powder to those who suffer from oily skin! No powder can control face oil throughout an entire day BUT this powder lasts much longer than most powder on the market, which makes it great for oil control compared to other products.

The only reason why I did not give a full rating is because the packaging is very... weak. The mirror detaches from the powder plate extremely easy due to the poor plastic build. Though, the packaging has a cool look to it. Other than that, I am quite impressed with this pressed powder and would recommend it to anyone who suffers from an oily face!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

First the good: I liked the texture and finish of this powder. And the color was good. When first applied I really like it as a setting powder for liquid foundation.
The bad: The packaging is a little delicate-I've only had it in my bathroom and the hinge feels loose and I really don't think it would survive my purse. The bigger problem is that it lasts about an hour before I look oily. Considering this is an oil controlling product, I figured I should grade it pretty harshly for not doing that. If you have normal skin I think this may work, but for combo or oily skin skip it. It will not do the job sufficiently for you. So I'm still on the hunt for a good oil controlling pressed powder. I went back to my HG so far, ELF HD powder-I just hate loose powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by XFilesLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product, I have been using it for years and it always impresses me. It was very inexpensive (8.00$ Canadian) and it works really well.

I have combination skin, I have a very oily t-zone but the rest of my face is normal. It's really hard to find a pressed powder that actually stays, and does the job, this one does it for me. When I put it on in the morning it lasts the whole day. I am very pale so my colour is the lightest, "105 Ivory". My friend who is much darker then me uses this colour as "transparent" as she think's it works great! (Seeing as it doesn't come in a transparent shade"). It does not make your makeup look caked on, it sit's lightly on top of the skin.

The pressed powder is not expensive, it's high quality and worth every penny. It comes in a variety of colours and is very light on the skin.I have been re-purchasing this product for years and I will continue to buy it.
(**The cover girl pressed powders also come in "normal" and "sensitive skin"**)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have been searching for a good pressed powder for awhile now. I was not really happy with the pressed powder I had been using. But I tried something new and it made me itch. So when I saw an online ad for this product, I decided to give it a try. I have extremely sensitive skin, so the fact that this powder is made especially for people with sensitive skin really appealed to me. But I decided to purchase this one instead because of the oil control. I get really oily on my cheeks, nose, and forehead. I have never really used a powder that lasted all day.

As a point of reference, I purchased this in shade 525 Buff Beige. It is a perfect match for skin. After I apply it, you can't even tell it is on my face. I apply it over my foundation and it gives me a smooth, flawless finish. This powder did not make me itch at all. It does not look cakey or unnatural on your face. If you get the right shade, you barely even notice you're wearing powder. There are a wide variety of shades available.

For me, this powder controls the oil and shine all day. I apply it once in the morning and don't have to reapply. I purchased this powder for under $6 at Walmart. This is now my go-to powder. I will repurchase again and again. I highly recommend this powder, especially to gals with very sensitive skin.

EDIT: 6/13/13
I have repurchased this powder a couple of times. But the longer I use it, the less I like it. I do not like the texture of this powder much at all. It has a odd texture. When you have it on, you can definitely tell. The color is spot on, it is the powder itself I do not like. I will not purchase again and will go back to my Rimmel Stay Matte powder which has a much lighter texture and looks much more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Allison1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I like it buy itself not over foundation it keeps the oil away for a long time i have bought it 3 times i really love it

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Gainor

This was an okay powder. I might or might not buy this again simply because it didn't cover my face very well, but on the flip side it did help control the shine and oil on my face. And a huge plus was the fact that it didn't make my face that icky orange color! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Taylorlx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for about three years, simply because I didn't know of any better powder to buy. I have combination skin, but it's generally more oily than dry, and I can never go more than 30 minutes without my skin looking extremely shiny. Whether I'm just using powder and minimal concealer, or using full foundation (oil control), and concealer underneath this powder, the result is the same. I'm shinier in just an hour than I would be if I had no makeup on. The one thing I did like about this powder was that the colors are very true and blend-able. It's easy to find your perfect shade. I will also say that the packaging is pretty nice for the price, it was very portable and I could carry it around with me for constant touch-ups, but for me it didn't control my oily skin at all, which is what I mainly look for in a powder.