Cover Girl Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder

3.6

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Polyethylene, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Mica, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), Dimethicone, Quaternium 15, Dextrin, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, May Contain (+/-):, Ultramarines

on 9/11/2014 11:36:00 PM

It's a pretty impressive powder for the buck you pay. It has a light coverage (rather than sheer) and can be builded well. The applicator is also thick and nicely made.

However I found that this powder clogged my pores and left a chalky film on my face.

If you have oily skin then you might fair better. I have combo and I used the sensitive formula.

I found CG's Advanced Radiance does not clog pores or leave a chalky film. Rather its more natural (while still matte).

on 7/30/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite powder! I've been using this ever since Covergirl discontinued their other powder. I find it really does control the oil on my face. It looks nice on my skin and it doesn't look cakey or powdery. I even like the case too, It's cute and it feels secure when it's closed. It's just that it can be a teeny bit hard to open.

on 7/14/2014 12:43:00 PM

Ugh wear do I start.
Pros:
Cheap
Colour that matched my skin
Cons:
Large chunks of glitter
Stuck to every hair on my face
Chalky as ell
Hard to open and close the packaging
Settles into PORES!

I wont even touch this with a ten foot pole

on 5/17/2014 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have oily and acne-prone skin and I have this product in buff beige. I apply this to set my makeup 8 am and it doesn't get oily until around 2 pm. But with other pressed powders, I get oily at around 12 pm so I'm satisfied with how long it lasts. This IS a pressed powder but I feel it has as much coverage as a natural-looking powder foundation. One day, I was in a rush in the morning so I put on the usual (pore primer + bb cream) without foundation on top and just applied this pressed powder. I was hanging out with a friend and out of nowhere, she said my skin looked nice and she asked what foundation I used. My bb cream has a REALLY light coverage so I knew it wasn't that. I'm very happy with this product but the only reason why I gave it a 4 instead of 5 is because of the packaging. The packaging looks nice and simple but the mirror can't stand up on its own and the clasp on the cap broke easily which no longer allowed me to close it. And I only dropped it on carpet. ONCE. So overall I love this and would recommend this to a friend.

on 5/9/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Excellent product!! I have very oily skin especially around my T zone, and with just a small amount of this powder my skin is oil/shine free and super smooth. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing any makeup! Great product for anyone with oily skin, and the price is great too.

I do not like this product. It appears chalky on my skin. I have never had this problem before. Maybe it's because I have dry skin, I'm sure it would do well with oily.

I usually get a shiny nose after a fews hours using other powders, but this one works amazing! It doesn't look chalky on drier skin, but it keeps my oily nose and forehead matte all day. My favorite pressed powder!

on 1/8/2014 12:25:00 AM

I LOOOVVVEEE this! It keeps me shine-free ALL day and doesn't cake up my make-up it feels SUPER smooth and the price is un-beatable i like it better than my Chanel Loose-Powder! Really recommend this stuff! I also LOVVVEE the cute packaging its compact with a mirror and cute its has ALOT of product the puff is also useful but i like using the MAC blush brush,ELF small stippler,ELF studio powder brush :) Luck Ladies! HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR TO YA'LLZ!

on 12/2/2013 12:31:00 AM

Favorite powder by far. Definitely helps skin stay matte all day. Not cakey looking, but still has a little bit of coverage. I wear it on top of whatever liquid foundation I put on. The packaging is kind of annoying because the top and bottom always come loose from each other but I can deal. Great product for a great price.

on 11/23/2013 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite pressed powder. I have tried a couple of others but this one by far is the best. It is not too thick and not too thin. It gives you a beautiful finish and for me, it lasts all day. I do not blot and I don't feel like I have the need to with this product. I will be repurchasing!