October 2, 2014 | 1229 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Niza9

This is my favorite pressed powder. I have tried a couple of others but this one by far is the best. It is not too thick and not too thin. It gives you a beautiful finish and for me, it lasts all day. I do not blot and I don't feel like I have the need to with this product. I will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by applecour

have been using this with the corresponding foundation and am wowed. I only need to blot twice during the day and it doesn't look took overly dry or cakey. this is really for those with oily skin though. I definitely wouldn't recommend to those with dry skin or even combination skin as it will look powdery and unnatural.

this doesn't break me out either! support cheap as well. an oldy but goody.

EDIT: I have found that this oxidizes. Which sucks because I really love it. I have noticed that the powder in the compact that I have has gotten darker and darker the longer I've had it. I guess placing the puff on my skin and then back into the container is what's causing this. I'll still use this, maybe just in a lighter color next time. It's just for blotting anyway, so I don't think it matters a whole lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by confessionsonadancefloor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never been a fan of Covergirl products, but a friend raved so profusely about this product (and it was a steal a $2.79) that I decided to try it. I'm quite glad I did. When it comes to the dark circles under my eyes, this product alone does a good job concealing them - it may not make them disappear, but it lessens the severity. I also find that whatever makeup I'm using (eyeshadow, concealer, blush etc.,) I can always count on this powder to play nicely with other products.

I feel a smaller pad or even a brush might make for better application, and I also find the product dusty when I only apply it to a small area (like the corners of my eyes,) but all in all it's great value for the price.

PROS:
I can use it with any makeup
Could be used as a stand alone product for concealing
Super inexpensive

CONS:
Dusty/flaky when used in small portions
Pad is too big for ideal application

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update! Made me break out :( 3 lippys instead of 5

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by wonderlandecho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE! This is AMAZING for oil control. Keeps me grease free for 6 hours! No touch ups! The packaging a a little flimsy but doesn't bother me. It's great for travel. I've dropped this many times and it hasn't broken. My skins been really oily atm so this isn't working as well as it did before but even of you don't have oily skin I think this would be great

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by liltartmuffin

Not cakey

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Caitlinnn344

I bought this powder off of a recommendation from a friend of mine and I love it! It controls my oil, isn't cakey or powdery on the skin and has my shade ( I'm very pale) only downsides are it can catch on dry flakes of skin ( so not good if you have dry skin) and the packaging breaks. Now the breaking may not be CG fault, I keep it in my backpack and it may break just bc it's constantly being thrown on the floor. The powder itself has never broken tho ( surprisingly ) the clasp always breaks and then eventually the lid breaks so not a big deal. Overall great powder would definetly reccomend!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

This powder is aweful! Cakey and definitely not light in the skin. Disappointed:/

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder (so far) is my favorite! My face tends to get very oily and shiny throughout the day causing my face to look almost water wet! GROSS! This powder is the best iv used so far. You must understand that the consistency of this powder is very dusty and dry and that is because it is made to dry up that pesky oily shine your face produces over the day. I would only recommend this powder to those who suffer from oily skin! No powder can control face oil throughout an entire day BUT this powder lasts much longer than most powder on the market, which makes it great for oil control compared to other products.

The only reason why I did not give a full rating is because the packaging is very... weak. The mirror detaches from the powder plate extremely easy due to the poor plastic build. Though, the packaging has a cool look to it. Other than that, I am quite impressed with this pressed powder and would recommend it to anyone who suffers from an oily face!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

First the good: I liked the texture and finish of this powder. And the color was good. When first applied I really like it as a setting powder for liquid foundation.
The bad: The packaging is a little delicate-I've only had it in my bathroom and the hinge feels loose and I really don't think it would survive my purse. The bigger problem is that it lasts about an hour before I look oily. Considering this is an oil controlling product, I figured I should grade it pretty harshly for not doing that. If you have normal skin I think this may work, but for combo or oily skin skip it. It will not do the job sufficiently for you. So I'm still on the hunt for a good oil controlling pressed powder. I went back to my HG so far, ELF HD powder-I just hate loose powder.