October 22, 2014 | 1797 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Color Restorative Styling Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by EvyDee

This product smells good and smooths down my hair to a natural and nice sense of softness and shine. However, I don't feel it restores the hair as it claims to do. It is a bit pricy as well.
I don't like the pump bottle because once I dropped it and thereafter it's not functioning well at all. Yes, I would buy this product again because it doesn't leave my hair greasy as other products do, and it absorbs very well in my hair. However, I will still keep looking for other oil treatments which can help with the actual healing of the hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by anomicfille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best styling oil ever! I was slow to get on the Moroccan oil bandwagon because I was hesitant to add more oil to my already excessively oily hair, but this product is magic! It makes my hair smooth and shiny without looking or feeling greasy. I concentrate it on my ends and I can feel it smoothing out my hair.

I love that it is not only silicons and fillers to put a fake sheen on your hair; it actually contains Moroccan oil too so it is healthy for your hair in addition to making it look awesome. All around a great product that does exactly what it claims to do. My fried blonde hair loves the whole Joico K-Pak line of products, I highly recommend them if you have damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Laurafergs

I was introduced to this by my sister, who I have helped (numerous times) to bleach and radically colour her hair (I'm talking green, purple, pink, orange colours here). She relied on this to soften and calm her hair when it became too coarse/damaged/unmanageable.

I've never purchased the full-sized bottle but have repeatedly purchased the travel size (21.5ml) as I could never justify spending the full price on a product I used so sparingly. And that's the trick with the styling oil. You don't need much - literally a drop or two - which is why the travel sizes have lasted me so long (I've used this semi-frequently for about two years and I've only gone through about three of the small sized bottles). It's a great value product.

Now, just so you know, I have a pixie cut, so very short hair. However I began using this when I had boob-length (or mermaid length, ha ha) hair. And boy, did it ever do a great job on long hair. It smooths the hair cuticle, absolutely eliminating frizz and adding ultra shine but not in a greasy way (unless you use too much and then you're kinda screwed). I would also always used this if I felt my hair was looking a little dull. This product adds a lustre and an extra dimension to the colour of your hair.

Simply a must have, even if you only buy it once.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this last night for the first time and it made my hair so soft and manageable it's unbelievable. I used less than suggested because i did not want my hair to look oily but it came out looking shiny and vibrant, not stringy or oily at all! I left it in my hair for the exact time it says on the bottle and i am so glad i did because i got the best results possible. I have a feeling that this bottle will last me for a very long time. I will use the styling oil about once a week to maintain soft and shiny hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by nicolebeauty

Better than Moroccan Oil!!!

Uber nourishing, I use this on dry hair after heat styling. 3 pumps of the oil, warm it between your palms and run it through the mid-to-ends of hair. Leaves curls shiny NOT greasy, and tames frizz. It's light-weight and smells wonderful.

Packaging leaks oil a little near the pump-- but a small price to pay.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! This keeps my hair healthy, and detangles, shines and gives frizz protection cheaper than Moroccanoil, doesn't smell as nice . I use a little on my wet hair and more before I curl the ends. Good suggestion from haircare board. I will buy again if it still works as nice as Moroccanoil in a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by littlecutefishy

this stuff is amazing!!! i got this from my mother and the first time i used it, i noticed a difference. it absorbs in half a minute and leaves your hair shiny, smooth and soft!!! seriously, after i applied this, i gently brushed my damp hair and then when i touched my hair, my hand just glided through it!!!this is more pricey for a hair product, but too amazing to care for price

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best oil I have ever used in my hair and it is worth the money and time spent looking for it in salons, from a supplier, or on Amazon. I would walk 1000 miles if it meant I could have a lifetime supply. It's that amazing.

I have dry, unmanageable, wavy hair that tends to be limp on top but poofy on the bottom half (gorgeous, I know.) After shampooing and conditioning, I towel dry my hair with a t-shirt (gentler than towel) and apply a half dime size amount to the ends just to de-tangle. I then let my hair become about 90% dry and I apply another half a dime size amount to the ends up to the mid-shaft. From here, I wrap my hair into a loose bun until completely dry, preferably overnight.

The next morning, I wake with bouncy, voluminous waves with shine. My hair has never been healthier or smoother. This is the first time I have gone out of my way to write a review for a product that I loved.

TO ALL WOMEN WITH UNRULY, DAMAGED HAIR: BUY THIS PRODUCT! Just don't buy too much or else there won't be any left for me! :)

Stay smooth <3

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Mayscild

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Applied to damp, freshly shampooed hair, you can barely feel it, and you may think you need to add more. Not necessary! One pump for short to medium length hair, two or three maybe if you have longer or really thick hair. As hair dries, the oil just seems to soak in, leaving no greasy feel or tell-tale shine. (Unless you put on a LOT.) You're left with a smoother, healthier, frizz-free look. Hoorah! One annoying wavy patch near my temples relaxes nicely with this, enabling me to style without having to get out any irons to make it blend in. I also sometimes layer it with Joico's K-Pak leave-in liquid treatment, or the foaming Reconstructor leave-in, when I want super smoothing and de-frizzing. This almost gives the effect of having flat-ironed. Nice!

One thing I have not noticed - and was rather looking forward to - is the fast-drying effect it seems to have for most people. My hair has been heavily highlighted for so long, it may be that it's it's just too damaged.

Finally, this oil is expensive, but you use so little a bottle will last a year or more, depending on how often you use it. In the long run, it's a good deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overrated. After the reviews I was disappointed. It's not that fantastic.