Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion

on 4/25/2011 10:00:00 PM

I wanted to like this product because of the hydrating part for around my eyes (figure hydration for the eye area is never a bad thing). Like others I can't use this product because it STINGS my eyes like crazy. Ow ow ow, I had to throw the tube away because my eyes couldn't take it. Removal of makeup was fairly good otherwise, and packaging allowed me to easily squirt the cream onto a cotton pad. Sorry, sonia kashuk's makeup remover soothes my wounded eyes and forgives me when I leave my contacts in until after I've taken my makeup off.

my eyes hurt when i use it..
it doesnt take off all the make up.

pro? it does hydrate my face..

on 4/18/2011 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I definitely don't recommend this product for the following reasons:
Firstly, it can't remove my eye makeup effectively. I am not even speaking of heavy smokey eyes with waterproof eyeliner, it took me like 3 minutes but only 80% of the make up came off.
Secondly, it irritated my eyes.
And last but not least, it is difficult to get the right amount, which is important because too little is not enough and too much can get into your eyes and hurt them.
Therefore, I definitely dont recommend it

on 4/18/2011 6:37:00 PM

This lotion adequately removes most of my makeup. I usually don't wear heavy, waterproof stuff, though. Aside from that, it stings like hell! I bought this to replace my previous makeup remover (from Nivea), which, by the way, also stung my eyes badly. Obviously won't purchase again.

on 3/13/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this right before I wash my face and it works just fine. Waterproof mascara is easy to take off and I don't have to tug and pull on my lashes to get everything off. The only con is that if I have any sort of glitter in my eyeshadow, the glitter will not go away. But as long as I follow with a face wash, everything comes off.

on 2/28/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

1st of all i bought this because i liked the idea of a lotion rather then a liquid makeup remover and partly because the packaging color was pretty cool (hehehe) but this DOES NOT do what its supposed to. I have to rub and RUB and RUB some more, do a little rain dance, throw salt over my shoulder and PRAY that it takes some makeup off. This was totally not worth the 6-7 bucks i paid for =(( Neutrogena you disappointed me this time

on 2/22/2011 8:27:00 PM

I just bought this product today, and i just took off all my makeup with this and the hydrating wipes as well..and im VERY IMPRESSED. I've used MAC wipes, Andrea eye makeup remover, Lancome, Clinique and even the Neutrogena Oil Free remover, and this by far is the BEST.

It doesnt sting my eyes
It's Hydrating

You have to leave it on for at least 30 sec-1 minute.
I bought this at Walmart and i can't believe it only cost me about $9 CND. I use alot of heavy eye makeup by the way :)

on 2/21/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think there may be some confusion as to how to use this type of remover to get the best results. Most of the bad reviews I've read mention using a cotton pad or cotton balls -- not the way to go with a lotion makeup remover.

Here's how I use it: Massage a generous dollop of this stuff onto both closed eyes. Let it sit for about 5-10 seconds. Then either rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry, OR go ahead and wash it off with your usual face wash (I use Cetaphil, which seems like a good combo.)

When you rinse it off with water and pat dry, pretty much everything is gone. I often use thick, waterproof mascara and black liquid eyeliner, and this stuff works pretty well, without the astringency and skin-tugging of a liquid on a cotton pad/ball.

on 2/9/2011 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love Neutrogena products, but this one is a miss.

1. It is seriously hydrating (they're not kidding around when they say this on the product name). I've yet to use a makeup remover that is this moisturizing.
2. Does not sting my eyes; this is rare because I have chronic dry eye syndrome and most eye products hurt or make my eyes water.

1. Does not do what it's supposed to do -- remove eye makeup. I usually take a cotton ball and rub and rub, gently and hard, and yet, there's always traces of liner and mascara still remaining. Adding more product and rubbing again does not help either.

Well, I'm using this as a face wash now, so it's not money wasted. It's very gentle and makes my skin soft and glowy ... not at all dehydrating.

Neutrogena should market this as a face cleanser and not as an eye makeup remover ... which it is not! $7.49 for this tube should deliver a much better product than this one is.

on 2/5/2011 7:22:00 PM

I was really hoping I would like this product but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I like lotion eye makeup removers, and was excited to see Neutrogena came out with one - the packaging is nice and you get a lot for your money. The problem is that it just doesn't do a great job at removing my eye makeup. I have too much left on my eyes after I use this, and I have to follow up with a bit of liquid eye mu remover. I don't expect the lotion to take everything off, especially since I wear waterproof mascara, but my Physician's Formula lotion eye makeup remover takes off much more. I would recommend that one over this any day.