September 2, 2014 | 1645 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Eye Makeup Remover Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Andreapadillaca

my eyes hurt when i use it..
it doesnt take off all the make up.

pro? it does hydrate my face..

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by JLulu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I definitely don't recommend this product for the following reasons:
Firstly, it can't remove my eye makeup effectively. I am not even speaking of heavy smokey eyes with waterproof eyeliner, it took me like 3 minutes but only 80% of the make up came off.
Secondly, it irritated my eyes.
And last but not least, it is difficult to get the right amount, which is important because too little is not enough and too much can get into your eyes and hurt them.
Therefore, I definitely dont recommend it

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion adequately removes most of my makeup. I usually don't wear heavy, waterproof stuff, though. Aside from that, it stings like hell! I bought this to replace my previous makeup remover (from Nivea), which, by the way, also stung my eyes badly. Obviously won't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kmstudnicka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this right before I wash my face and it works just fine. Waterproof mascara is easy to take off and I don't have to tug and pull on my lashes to get everything off. The only con is that if I have any sort of glitter in my eyeshadow, the glitter will not go away. But as long as I follow with a face wash, everything comes off.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by UZIlolita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

1st of all i bought this because i liked the idea of a lotion rather then a liquid makeup remover and partly because the packaging color was pretty cool (hehehe) but this DOES NOT do what its supposed to. I have to rub and RUB and RUB some more, do a little rain dance, throw salt over my shoulder and PRAY that it takes some makeup off. This was totally not worth the 6-7 bucks i paid for =(( Neutrogena you disappointed me this time

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by evangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this product today, and i just took off all my makeup with this and the hydrating wipes as well..and im VERY IMPRESSED. I've used MAC wipes, Andrea eye makeup remover, Lancome, Clinique and even the Neutrogena Oil Free remover, and this by far is the BEST.

It doesnt sting my eyes
It's Hydrating
again..IT DOESN'T STING!

You have to leave it on for at least 30 sec-1 minute.
I bought this at Walmart and i can't believe it only cost me about $9 CND. I use alot of heavy eye makeup by the way :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rambow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think there may be some confusion as to how to use this type of remover to get the best results. Most of the bad reviews I've read mention using a cotton pad or cotton balls -- not the way to go with a lotion makeup remover.

Here's how I use it: Massage a generous dollop of this stuff onto both closed eyes. Let it sit for about 5-10 seconds. Then either rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry, OR go ahead and wash it off with your usual face wash (I use Cetaphil, which seems like a good combo.)

When you rinse it off with water and pat dry, pretty much everything is gone. I often use thick, waterproof mascara and black liquid eyeliner, and this stuff works pretty well, without the astringency and skin-tugging of a liquid on a cotton pad/ball.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by cappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love Neutrogena products, but this one is a miss.

Pros--
1. It is seriously hydrating (they're not kidding around when they say this on the product name). I've yet to use a makeup remover that is this moisturizing.
2. Does not sting my eyes; this is rare because I have chronic dry eye syndrome and most eye products hurt or make my eyes water.

Cons--
1. Does not do what it's supposed to do -- remove eye makeup. I usually take a cotton ball and rub and rub, gently and hard, and yet, there's always traces of liner and mascara still remaining. Adding more product and rubbing again does not help either.

Well, I'm using this as a face wash now, so it's not money wasted. It's very gentle and makes my skin soft and glowy ... not at all dehydrating.

Neutrogena should market this as a face cleanser and not as an eye makeup remover ... which it is not! $7.49 for this tube should deliver a much better product than this one is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

I was really hoping I would like this product but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I like lotion eye makeup removers, and was excited to see Neutrogena came out with one - the packaging is nice and you get a lot for your money. The problem is that it just doesn't do a great job at removing my eye makeup. I have too much left on my eyes after I use this, and I have to follow up with a bit of liquid eye mu remover. I don't expect the lotion to take everything off, especially since I wear waterproof mascara, but my Physician's Formula lotion eye makeup remover takes off much more. I would recommend that one over this any day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is terrible.

PROS:
1. I seriously loved the idea of a lotion, which would spare me the relative hassle of liquid removers.
2. Easy to find on the ground.
3. Not drying, but it doesn't feel like clean moisture I should be leaving on my face (like it says to).

CONS:
1. This one stings like no other. Seriously, it makes me tear up so bad, I'm pretty sure my tears do more of the makeup removal.
2. It's expensive for a drugstore product, compounded by the fact that it's horrible.
3. It doesn't even remove makeup effectively. I don't even wear waterproof makeup! It takes 2 cotton pads to remove mascara/shadow/eyeliner from both eyes, and then there's always some still on my eyes.

That said, if you're determined to use it, here's the best way I've found: Apply generously to one eye at a time. Massage it on your lid GENTLY, and VERY GENTLY "roll" your lashes between your thumb and index finger to loosen your mascara. Then wipe off with a cotton pad.

I don't like leaving that lotion residue on even though that's apparently how it hydrates, in fact I think it's given me the two whiteheads I suddenly have (which I haven't gotten in 7 years).