October 30, 2014 | 1475 users online

Eye Primer - Etude - Proof 10 Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by JamLam

This product is awesome! I have pretty oily eye lids, prior to discovering eye primer, any eyeliner and eyeshadow would usually end up in the crease of my eyelid, sometimes the oily buildup would get into my eyes and sting like anything! So for a long period of time, mascara was my only friend.

It is quite amazing how well this works, from 7am all the way to 6pm, i checked, the coloring and eyeliner is still intact. I could even go to dinner without touching up. I sampled my sisters Urban Decay primer and that worked wonders too but i was on a look out for a cheaper option and came across this on ebay ($9 NZD). Cheap as peanuts! (well for me anyways).

As i write this review, it has been 8hours since application, my brown eyeshadow and brown eyeliner still in place and no creases!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand why people have liked this so much. It's a good primer and not too expensive, i wouldn't say dirt cheap or anything. It works okay, my lids are super oily and i feel that the e/s fades a bit during the day. Also i simply hate the packaging! It's a bit pear shaped from the bottom and i feel most of the product gets stuck in the inner walls so you end up throwing most of the stuff away. The material is so hard that you'd need a saw to cut it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by neuronshots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cheap and works.
Oily lids rejoice!
Wish it came in a better packaging though so I can use up all of the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!!!! It's so cheap and it works perfectly. My eyelids are super oily and I don't usually wear eyeshadows. This primer stays on all day and never do I have to worry about others looking at my oily eyelids again whenever I look down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by jlee92

One of the best primers that I own. Its price is affordable and half the cost of other HE primers [UD, Too faced etc] [in Singapore that is]. I have slightly oily lids and do need a primer if I wanna wear any eyeshadow. This allows my eyeshadow to go on really smoothly and makes them stay put for hours without giving those creasy lines! The only gripe I have would probably be about its packaging. The doe foot applicator is fine but the shape of the bottle is somewhat like the old UD primer potion packaging all over again. At least make the bottle almost straight-down please lol, rather than some odd looking hourglass type shape [what were they thinking] that makes it hard to get all the product unless you cut the bottle open. Overall I definitely recommend this and for the price, you cannot really go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by monpetitchou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this, I popped on my eyeshadow and then decided I wanted to put on different colors. Immediately, I grabbed a face wipe and attempted to swipe it off. BUT IT WOULD NOT BUDGE. It had settled that fast due to this primer. It was pretty amazing. I will come off though so don't stress, I used an oil based makeup remover. It also stopped creasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by miranti

Etude never ever breaks me down.. Cheap price and very effective results, especially for their best seller items, BB Cream, Moistfull Collagen Series (love love love the emulsion), Wonder Pore series (freshner <3), and the latest series, Sweet Recipe, is too hard to not purchase it, darnit it's sooo cute.
This is one of their best seller items, of course it's because the product offers a very good and nice result. It defines my eyeshadow's color in such a nice way and it makes my eyeshadow last so long, my longest experience was 14hrs and the color is still good even though it faded a bit. Well but it has a minus thing though, the texture for me after i apply it was just like harsh and very dry, but after i apply my eyeshadow it'd be back to normal and there's no harsh/dry feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by mcruuz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eye primer I've used so far. I've used a sample of Urban Decay's primer potion & they both work well but this is so much cheaper & works just as well. I buy this online since there are no Etude House retailers here but it is still well worth my money. I have oily lids & by the end of the day, there isn't any creasing in my eyeshadow and my eyeliner on my top lid is still in place. It is sort of a gel-ish consistency which is easy to blend with your finger/pinky. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

UPDATE: Having tried the Urban Decay eye primer, I am back to update my review. For me, this primer still wins. The colour and consistency of both primers are the same. However, the UD one feels abit more creamy and takes longer to dry on my lids. On the other hand, this primer dries quickly on my lids (which I like) and allows me to get on with my make up quickly. To top it off, the UD one costs like 3 x the price of this primer. Proof 10 for the win!

Already thinking about stocking up on this product! It took me ages to find because for some reason just when I wanted to get it, it went oos in all the Etude House outlets in Singapore. After finally trying it, I have to say that my hunt was definitely worth it!

Its a nude colour so it doesn't show up on my lids although I am quite tan. I use my finger to apply it as I think it goes on better when you pat it down yourself rather than rely on the wandstick thing.

Before I got this, I was applying my normal face primer onto my eyelids. Unfortunately my eyeliner would still run most of the time, especially in Singapore's humidity. With this eye primer on, my eyeshadow looks much smoother on my eyelids. The primer ensures that the eyeshadow does not fall into the creases of my eyes and emphasize the creases (not wrinkles!). My eyeliner still runs to my lower eyelid a little but the primer makes the eyeliner on my upper lid look picture perfect for the whole day. After a day out in the humidity during CNY, my eyeliner still looked perfect! Just had to clean up the lower lid a little.

All in all, a good buy at the great price! It wasn't dirt cheap ($12 in SG) but well worth the money.

UPDATE: after using this for about 2 months, I still love the staying power of this primer but there is a downside. Sometimes it flakes on your eyelid (usually on the upper areas like around your eye socket) so you look like your skin is flaking. Using water to try to rub it off doesn't work. What works is using make up remover to wipe the flakey parts away. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes. Will continue to use this purely for its great staying power.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Firstly, the instructions say that you should apply with your finger, but the product has quite a decent applicator.

On my dark, highly pigmented oily lids, this went on in quite a light shade. After I applied the shadow, the effect wasn't as dramatic as I hoped it would be.

I can imagine the amount wouldn't last long for a regular eye make-up wearer but for a very occasional make-up wearer, it's fine.