LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

4.1

Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene, Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-40, Stearate, Propylene Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77491, 77492).

I received a sample of this with the LORAC Pro Palette and thought I would try it out before I opened a new NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, which is my go-to eye shadow primer.

The tube seems to be of good quality. I like that you squeeze the product out, rather than using a doe foot applicator. It seems as though less product would be wasted, left in places that couldn't be reached. The product is creamy, with a light tint. It blends in with my skin tone. I don't detect a fragrance to it.

Unfortunately, this product didn't work for me. My lids tend to be oily and one eyelid is slightly hooded. By the end of the day, the eye makeup and formed a nice crust in my crease -- particularly on the more hooded eyelid. (This doesn't happen when I use the NARS primer.) My eye shadow looked as it used to look before I started using primer.

This product might work for people whose eyelids are not hooded at all and/or whose eyelids are not oily. However, if you fall in either or both of these categories, I don't recommend this product.

on 2/4/2015 9:52:00 PM

I absolutely love this primer! My eyeshadow lasts all day when I use this which for me ranges from ten to sixteen hours. The primer is creamy and has a little shimmer to it. It does not come out of the tube greasy and a little goes a long way. The sample size would last me two to three months. The only reason this is not a five star product is because if you do use too much it will crease and make your eyeshadow impossible to properly blend. I personally do not mind that because the tube lasts longer then and I save money.

on 1/23/2015 12:45:00 PM

I received a sample of this primer with the Lorac Pro Palette. I have very oily lids, but I did not like this primer at all. It seemed to make my eye shadows very slippery and they could not adhere well to my lids. Along with that, my eye shadow would melt off very quickly. I currently use the Wet 'N Wild Primer or the NARS Primer and I enjoy those. I was surprised that this primer did not even go well with the Lorac shadows themselves.

on 1/6/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite high end eye primer. This blows UD Primer Potion away. Intensifies shadows and increases wear time. This is nothing revolutionary, unique or something you couldn't find in the drugstore, though.

on 12/16/2014 3:22:00 PM

I received a deluxe sized sample of this with my Pro Palette and have been using it only because I used up all my Milani Eyeshadow Primer (which works like a dream, btw). The formula is very thin, you have to use quite a bit and build it up for it to have much tackiness or coverage. It doesn't work very well either, my shadows crease within 8 hours so I'm not impressed with the performance either. I definitely won't be purchasing a full-size of this eye shadow primer and will probably not be finishing the tube I have either. Back to Milani's eye shadow primer for me!

on 11/27/2014 2:36:00 PM

Am I the only one who hates this stuff?? I bought it because Benefit discontinued the primer I'd been using. At first I thought it was a fine replacement - certainly kept my shadow in place - but after a month or so, I started having terrible problems with my eyelids. As in, they were dry, flaky, red, swollen, and painful. Since this was the only new thing, it seems likely to be the culprit. I threw it out. Thinking about it more, I remember the salesclerk at Sephora saying to use only a tiny bit, because otherwise it could be very drying. Seems even a very thin layer can have that result! After a couple of weeks and a visit to the derm am still battling inflamed, painful eyelids. I guess it will be months before I can wear any eye makeup at all. Horrible, awful, ugh. NB it's got silicone in it, although I don't know for sure if that's what caused the problem.

on 10/26/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So far, Lorac products have been hits; no misses. This item is no different. It goes on really smooth without tugging my eyelid area. Eyeshadow adheres to it all day. I love the practicality of the squeeze tube. It's very clean and neat. Love it.

on 9/30/2014 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Terrible. Did absolutely nothing to help the eyeshadow last longer or to enhance the colours.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

At long last I have found the primer that works for me! I LOVE THIS PRIMER. This works so incredibly well for my eyes that I can't believe this was a free sample from my Pro Palette 2. It applies very smoothly, the eyeshadow is still very easy to blend with this primer on, and it doesn't make my eyeshadow patchy. Also a little bit goes a long way. I work a typical 9-hour day in an office setting under fluorescent lights all day and when I get home, my shadow still looks very good (eyeliner is a different story though).

For my eyes, Urban Decay Primer Potion made it incredibly difficult to blend and it honestly didn't work to preserve my eyeshadow all day. I've also used the NARS primer and that one made my eyeshadow very patchy, but it did keep makeup in tact all day.

on 9/19/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I received this with my Unzipped palette. I have the UDPP and Fergie's primer in shimmer and regular, so it took me a long time to even try this. I like this primer best of all- it is invisible on skin and blends like a dream. There is no color to compete with your eyeshadow. Fergie's primer is good, but it applies very wet and sometimes I feel like it "eats" the eyeshadow I put on. The UDPP is good, but that also doesn't blend as easily as this. I have not noticed any creasing or fading, there is no difference in my eye makeup from the morning and the evening.