August 29, 2014 | 1773 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. This primer creates a smooth base, but its ability to enhance the wear and vibrancy of my eyeshadows (both LORAC and non-LORAC) is minimal to useless. My 2 year old tube of Too Faced Shadow Insurance is outperforming this in all categories.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by varga100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't have much to say about this primer other than IT WORKS. I put my eye makeup on at 6 am and it's still on as fresh as ever at 6 PM. It doesn't budge. I mostly use the Naked palettes, the Lorac pro palette, Clarins, Too Faced, and the Marc Jacobs Lolita palette and I get the same long wear from all my shadow when I use the Lorac behind the scenes primer. I began using it with the sample that comes with the pro palette. That turned me into a believer (and lasted forever) and I just bought a full-sized tube. Sephora made a mistake dropping this brand. I love Lorac and this primer is magic!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I first received this primer when I purchased the Lorac Pro Palette. This works REALLY well with the lorac pro palette eyeshadows. They never crease when I use this, and eyeshadow looks last all night)

When I use this with Urban Decay naked palettes, it is slightly less effective. Certain shadows tend to slightly crease at the end of a long day. Although it still works very well, I prefer to use UD primer with UD shadows.

If I only had the budget for one primer (between UD and Lorac) I would pick the Lorac primer. It works well with both palettes. (I didn't think the UD primer worked as well with the Lorac shadows, as the Lorac primer worked with UD shadows though)
After experimenting with both primers, I bought the full size Lorac primer. Both are very good.

I would prefer different packaging, not a fan of the squeeze tube. I warm the product in between my fingers before applying to my eye area, otherwise it goes on a little too thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Almalexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best primer I have ever tried!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by bhawk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eyeshadow creases within a few hours. Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lucky me, I received two deluxe size samples of this product this Christmas one with a an Ulta set and one with my Lorac pro palette. I have enough primer to last me months all for free. I would have never picked this up because I have a professional size UDPP and a TooFaced Candlelight Shadow Insurance, I adore both. However, the lorac is very effective as UDPP. I think the packaging is as or if not more convenient. It leaves really no trace of color, so it is not made to be a corrector. It protects against creasing just as well as it counterparts and it recieves little or no attention.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I liked this product, but I was wrong. My eye shadows didn't crease, but the color faded throughout the day until I was left with almost nothing. One day I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance instead, and I was amazed at the difference. So I'd buy that instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by immediate

I guess I am in the minority with this one, I'm just not all that fond of this product. It does do a decent job of keeping my eye shadow from creasing, however, it is it makes some shadows really hard to blend. It's a dry formula that really grabs onto shadows, which is great for making your makeup last but not so great for application. I wear a lot of matte eye shadows and it was a nightmare trying to get them to blend over this. Some brands were more forgiving than others: UD shadows did fine with this product, while Inglot shadows were completely unusable with this. I used up most of my tube but I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer is my go-to, everyday eye shadow primer. I've had problems in the past with the Urban Decay Primer Potion creasing, Nars creases on me, Too Faced is okay, most cream shadows even MUFE Aqua Creams crease on me, and anything from the drug store is a no go. I can have my eye makeup on for twelve hours plus and it won't budge. I do notice that sometimes depending on the brand, the shadow will start to fade after a while. I'm more so looking for something that will keep my shadow on though because my lids and face overall is like an oil slick. The packaging is fine and the product lasts a pretty long time because you really don't need much. As an aside, I find if I do have a little too much product on or if I apply it after I put my concealer on under my eyes it will settle into those little fine lines and look cakey and kind of gross. If that happens though I just smooth it out with a buffing brush and it's alright. I only wish that my eye shadow wouldn't fade, but I feel like that's just me being critical after a long day of wearing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So far, I've only tried the sample size of this that I got with the PRO palette, but I have to say that I'm impressed.

My usual go-to eye primer is NARS, as it's the only one that has worked on my oily lids, but LORAC worked great as well, actually.

I much prefer this tube packaging then the NARS one - it feels more sanitary and not as wasteful.

The product itself is coloured, but dries invisible rather quickly. Creates a smooth base for eyeshadow and liner and stays on all day.

My biggest trouble with eyeshadow is creasing because of my oily lids, but I feel like this really helps with that, just as the NARS one does. This is definitely becoming a staple product in my routine.