April 19, 2014 | 916 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole silky mat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

How do I rate this? I am not sure if this does promise to be more mattifying than Teint Idole Ultra, so i can't deduce points from it based on this. However previous reviews match my case (combination oily in summer) - this is not mattifyinfg! Less mattifying than Teint Idole Ultra and for misterious reason Idole Ultra in a darker shade (025) looks better on me (like I am tanned) than this in what seemed like a better shade (010) - yes it's lighter but it's definitely on the yellow side of light. If you are pink toned and fair this cannot match you. If you seek an oil control formula seek elsewhere. I bought this because it was on sale at Marionaud. And this is how it remains, the foundation I bought because it was on sale. It's okay, does not break me out, it's easy to blend but I will not repurchase this at full price. (yes on back of my hand looked better than on face). And the packaging is not amazing either. For its liquid state it definitely should have come in a bottle, with and even without pump. It's very liquidy.This will probably be amazing if you are yellow toned and normal skin type. I think silky may imply that it's actually more silkier and less matte than Idole Ultra which is matte. Neither of them lasts 16 or 18 hrs as they say on combination skin (heehee did anyone expect this ?)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my first stint with liquid foundation after using mineral makeup for many years. I eventually grew tired of the messy jars, the buffing, bad staying power and flaky skin. Also, I could never use it on my forehead = comedones galore!! This product made me believe in liquid foundation again! It is mineral based (which I don't hate), has SPF, does not break out my sensitive skin. But what I love the most is the easy application, I just take tiny bit on my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin and blend with my fingers. Voila! No streaks, skin looks completely natural. It is not completely matte, there is some shine on my t-zone right after application which is easily fixed with a dust of powder. The staying power is far from 18 hours like the ad claims, but it makes my skin look good during working hours, and that's good enough for me. On the negative side the alcohol in it can be a bit drying on the sides of my nose, but I solve it by exfoliating and moisturizing. I use 01 Beige Albatre which is slightly more yellow, but just as dark as my previous 02 Lys Rose. My skin is around NC20, BB Sand, Chanel 02. I am also loving Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua - but I am still undecided about which one of these I like the best.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I like the light texture, and when it is first applied on my face, it feels comfortable, and breathable. I have color 3, which is ok, not perfect match (in betw NC25-30), but close.
But it has no staying power, after 2 hours, my face is oily and the MU is sliding off. I use the rest of it today to mix with other foundations to make them thinner or lighter. Combined with Estee Lauder Double Wear Light (I have #3), it works quite well actually. ELDW has the staying power, and the Lancome foundation gives it the lighter shade adjustment and thinner texture (less pastey feel). So I am pleased that at least it is not a complete waste since it was pretty expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like foundations of lancome. I had bought this and in the shop the colour looked good but when i got home and put it on my face it turns very orange, also i was oily within a few hours.
I love lancome mascara's but not the foundations, they do nothing for me....

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by injectlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this as it was recommended by the SA at their Myer counter, I explained my biggest concerns: 1) It has to be light enough to match my skin tone (only one so far bas been Illamasqua), and 2) I have quite oily skin and really need one that's up to the job and can stay on for a day of work.

She swore it had great staying power, and that girls lighter than me use this (010). I tried a tester out and the colour seemed lovely, so I decided to give it a go.

Upon arriving home with it, it was like I bought a totally different product! It looks brown on the back of my hand, as opposed to the lovely pale cream it was from the tester, and it was like water!

I've worn it out since, to test the staying power, and within 2 hours I had a shine all over my face. Very disappointing for the price, Would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by cansu1948

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

İt's really thin foundation just like a water and colour doesn't match my skin i was look like an orange İt's not Good enough

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by daphneannigje

Got this as a sample and was very excited so I bought a full size. But I don`t know what was in that sample because the foundation turned completely yellow on my skin after a few hours. After a few days of use it made me break out in tiny bumps all over my t zone. Total waste of money. Lost my faith in high end foundations again...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

A SA tried this on me yesterday as part of a makeover. I had not had much luck with the teint Miracle - it went really slimy on me. She picked 010 as a colour match and it matched me seemlessy. There was good coverage and rather than Matte, I would say it was more of a Satiny finish. The SA did not use powder on me and it stayed on really well all day. My sink type is Dry Combination.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by AnnaP22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hate this foundation! To be fair, my last one was By Terry which is not even in the same league, but this is nasty stuff. I have given it two tries; my first attempt (after being colour matched by the MUA) went orange after a few hours - (FYI no 3 ). Think Dani Minogue on Tango. So off I went back to the store and was colour matched by another MUA (note to self - never trust a MUA with obvious foundation and stinky cigarette fingers). I kind of knew it wasn't quite right but really wanted to give it a go. Well within two hours this one looks 'almost orange' (no 2) especially as I have my usual By Terry foundation on half my face and this stuff on the other half. The coverage is OK, although I feel caked on in comparision to my usual stuff, and no shine after 7 hours, but even my 7 year old son laughed at the colour of me. Seriously hoping Lancome will refund me as this is atrocious. Also, just being picky, but for the price I'd have liked a nicer tube. This one feels like you could have picked it off the shelf at Superdrug.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Carmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a good foundation for normal to dry skin. On my normal -combination skin it gets oily in few hours and seems to dissapear.... But it covers quite well the acnee scars and gives the skin a healthy glow that I really like. It looks great just after I apply it. After 2-3 hours it's very shiny.. Maybe it will work better in winter, when I need a moisturizing foundation.