July 24, 2014 | 1003 users online

Gels/Soaps - Softsoap - Body Butter Coconut Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by killerbees62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells AMAZING!!! As some of the other reviewers mentioned, it's not an 'authentic' coconut scent. However! It smells like coconut banana fruity beachy amazingness. It lathers up really well and leaves me feeling super soft. I wish the smell lasted longer on my skin. This product is also quite cheap between $2.50 to $4.00. Even thought I have been using it since December I still have a little bit left and it's almost June!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by bloomingiris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very moisturizing, washes off well and just the right amount of scrub for a 'daily shower' product. The scent was not authentic coconut though, so don't expect to get 'transported to an exotic paradise' while using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to give this a higher rating; I really did. But, while I like the product, I absolutely loathe the packaging. The product cruds up around the opening--which then prevents the cap from snapping shut all the way. I like how there is a ton of product in the bottle; it is a good value for the cost. However. Once there is about 1/4 left, it is difficult to "shake down" to squeeze out. Normally I would at this point turn the bottle upside down to eliminate that hassle. But again--the packaging (shape of the bottle) make it very difficult to stand upside down. I try to lean it upside down against the corner of the shower, but lots of times it manages to topple over anyways. IMO, really poor packaging design going on there.
Now, about the actual product. I like it. It smells good, but not over powering. The exfoliating beads are plentiful, but not scratchy. It rinses off skin quickly and cleanly and leaves my skin soft and noticeably smoother. I can use this all year round as well. (My skin is really oily in summer and really dry in winter so I can only use some products during certain seasons.)
But I would not repurchase this unless the packaging was changed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a really good product, but it's messy. It smells really nice, It's a light coconut aroma. It does moisturize your body and feels smooth on the skin, so it really does exfoliate. The only thing that bothers me about this is that sometimes it leaves a mess on your shower floor with all of the little, tiny brown beads. I most likely will not bother with getting another bottle of this when I am finished with the one that I have now because of having to constantly clean up the brown messy residue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been a life saver and has made a huge difference for my dry flaky winter skin. I love how it gently exfoliates, leaves my skin so silky smooth and feeling moisturized. The scent is wonderful too as I'm a fan of coconut. Plus it's readily available and very inexpensive body wash. I have already repurchased my second bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by sdpink1221

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so surprised by how much I love this stuff. I'm usually very picky with cheaper body wash cause I'm allergic to a lot of product but I saw this in a 2 for 1 at target so I picked it up. It made my skin so soft and so far have had no problems with dryness or itching. It smells very clean and not a sick coconutty scent. I'm curious about the other body butter products now!! I'm so glad I found a cheap body wash that does better then the high dollar stuff. Hope I'm able to find this for years!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I have tried a few of the different softsaop body washes -- they go on sale a lot and I get them for next to nothing. I always thought they were just OK - they did the job but not much to rave about. Well, I picked up this one, and I am gaga for it!

I love the smell! It's not an overly fake, sugary-sweet coconut. It's rather clean smelling and even my SO likes the smell and he's not into super sweet, fruity or food-y smells. The smell is SOOOO wonderful & I just cant get enough!

It is rich and creamy in lather and it moisturizes quite a bit more then the others I have tried from softsoap. It has apricot shell in it to exfoliate, but it's not majorly harsh so I can use it daily without a problem. But I think it is more exfoliating then the Spa Radiant I used right before that has salt in it.

I love this stuff and I will FOR SURE buy it again the next time I stock up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was my first body scrub. It has a very creamy consistency and smells great. The beads that exfoliate your skin is gentle, yet you can feel it working. It is very moisturizing and contains many natural ingredients in the formula. It is a milky creamy white with brown beads. I really liked this and I will re-purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by mas017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the second kind of Softsoap body wash I have used, and I am not impressed. It smells nice, but it did nothing as far as moisturizing my very dry skin goes. Its not a horrible product, but not the best I've ever used either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Limeas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this the other day while I was in Albertsons. I've used it a few days and I must say it's amazing! I don't have dry skin or anything but I noticed softer skin with the first use. It gently exfoliates and leaves you feeling very clean. I really like this and will continue using it.