September 18, 2014 | 920 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Miracle Nail Thickener

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by saucysam

dried pretty quickly, no bubbles or anything to speak of. nice glossy finish.

i started with clean, dry flaking and horribly thin nails
i only applied one coat, as per the instructions

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by arw155

UPDATE- I'm keeping this product at a two rating because It got really thick really quickly and there were too many bubbles.

The only reason I gave this product a 2 rating was because I just started using it. I mean whenever I put it on I could tell there was a little bit of a difference already. But I think , along with any product, you have to give it time to see the full effects. Hopefully it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by MushuMuffin

My nails always break really easily, so I could never get long nails, or if I managed to get them long, they'd break. This product is great. I have definitely noticed a difference in my nails. They look great, and they're finally long. They aren't rock solid, of course, but I didn't expect that. I use it whenever I can. I apply it everyday when I'm not wearing nail polish, and as a base coat when I am. Yes, this stuff does come off quick. But that's why it says to apply every day. The only reason I gave this product 4 stars is because of the guarantee. The guarantee promises 70% stronger nails in 4 days, I think? It didn't work that fast for me, But it does work. Also, so far, mine hasn't been bubbling at all, and I've had it for about 2 months

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by chimama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There are so many Sally Hansen nail treatments it boggles the mind. Too many in my opinion. This "miracle " nail thickener is in a purple bottle. I apply two coats and in LESS than 24 hours it is coming off. Literally the whole nail is patchy with just a small amount of product left on. My hands spend a minimal amount of time in water and minimal time doing housework. Another disappointing Sally Hansen nail treatment product. In fairness I do like some of their polishes but can't rely on many of the nail treatments at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Louise06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I have thin, weak nails, and I thought it would help. I put it on and at first I thought it was great. Later that day it started peeling off. Forget using this as a base coat, it will make your nail polish start peeling off within a day! There is also problems with it bubbling. So awful. I didn't shake the bottle or even roll it, and it STILL bubbles the worst I have ever seen. This product doesn't go on smooth and won't make your nails thicker. It will bubble or peel off right away taking layers of your nails with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by beauanderos

I bought this because i had a nail break, probably because i buffed my nails too much and they got thin and long and *snap! Ouch! so i superglued the nail so it wouldnt break off (it was at the skin so that woulda been painful) ive been using this to keep my broken nail at bay while it grew out, and its only been 2 days, but not bad! it DOES take awhile to dry, and ive put about 3 layers so far (over the 2 day span) and noticed that it can also be used as a base coat! wonderful! i painted ONE coat of polish, which normally takes 3 coats to look as good...so that alone made me like it even more! it does also make your nails thick, but just as a coat of clear gel, i was kinda hoping it would sink into my nails and not be a polish but whateverrrrs. i'd buy it again if i really needed for my nail breakage.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by cbaker6653

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First, I need to say I've only been using this product for 3 days. I already dislike the fact that it takes forever to dry. Even using OPI Drying Drops doesn't make it dry quicker. I've been applying one coat daily, and today makes my 3rd coat. It's been over 5 minutes, and my nails are still tacky.

I'll update in a week or so regarding the thickness of my nails. But for now, I can say I wont buy again just because of drying time.

UPDATE: I will definitely NOT buy again because of the bubbling! After the 3rd coat, my fingers looked like I painted them with champagne. Not good...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by LifeWithBelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a purple bottle and it says on the package that " You will see 70% thicker nails in 4 days" Yes.... yes.... yes it true! I used this on my thin peeling sad sorry excuse for nails and I noticed stronger heathly nails in 24 hours. Amazing product I swear by it. I did notice that its a peely polish, so if you have a color over top after day two I could peel it right off base and color all in one, So I do not recommend this a as a everyday base coat. This is the best for treatment purposes for really good results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product really does thicken and harden the nails, but it's a bit difficult to work with - at least as a base coat. It worked fine the first couple of times I used it, but within a month after purchase, it was so thick that it made the colored polish bubble, no matter how long I left it to dry. I thinned it, which helped - for a few days. I'll thin it again, but if you have to thin it everytime you wear it, I assume the hardening effect will be reduced accordingly. Still, it's the only "thickening" product, I've ever tried that actually did work.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by sunstar29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very thin and weak nails from years of biting, and this product has definitely helped to strengthen my nails. The formula essentially acts as a protective second layer to your nails to make them thicker and a bit less broke to breaking. It sticks well to my nails and works well as a base coat: I usually change my polish twice a week, and everything stays chip-free between manicures. I have not had any of the peeling issues mentioned in other reviews.

I don't think it changed the thickness of my actual nails, though, it just acts as a layer on top of your nails so they look/feel thicker when you're wearing the product. This is a good product if you're always wearing nail polish, but if you want a product that will make your natural nail thicker, I'd try something else. Another complaint is that the product thickens up a lot over time, similar to Seche Vite. I have about 1/3 of the bottle left that's unusable because it is so thick and stringy now.