OPI Meet Me On The Star Ferry

4.2

on 1/21/2012 6:15:00 PM

I got this color as a gift from a friend. Its a purple with pink shimmer. Its a pretty color for everyday and its different from other polishes in my collection. With two coats you have a opaque color. Even though the color is pretty I wouldn't buy it again simply because I don't like purple on my nails.

on 12/19/2011 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very pretty color, however, on my fair skin tone it gives me lobster hands. Regular OPI consistency, but I won't buy again.

this is a nice understated purple shade. sheer with shimmer. it's a nice color to have on, if you cant have a bold overpowering shade of polish.

on 11/6/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on a purple kick. Neither too dark or light, this pretty lavender with a hint of brown is perfect for every day use (and is gorgeous with a gray sweater). The shimmer is what makes it stand out and keeps it from being another boring mauve and gives it a golden -rose glow. I like this polish more than I thought it would and the wide brush makes application a snap. The polish goes on practically goof proof and is even better with a glossy top coat such as Seche Vite.

on 10/13/2011 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Another unique surprise from OPI. When I saw this in the store I just had to have it. The application was smooth...full, easy coverage...2 coats and a coat of top coat =perfect! I rarely polish my fingernails, but I must have pretty feet and am always on the lookout for great new colors from OPI. This was yet another polish that went perfectly with all the brown-toned sandals I have. I tend to wear sandals and open-toed shoes most of the time and this sexy purple/brown with gold shimmer really looked great with them. It seems to sell out quick, so get yourself a bottle ASAP!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Meet me on the Star Ferry is from the OPI Hong Kong collection. I lusted after this one for a while, finally bought a bottle at the start of the summer and then did not bother with it for a while (as it seemed a bit dark for the sunny weather and summer outfits)

So I just got around to trying this.
The colour is a dusky murky red based purple. It has a shimmer- teeny tiny flecks - so small I can not make out the colours but it seems to give off a rose glow.

It is quite neutral, easy to wear and a good alternative to your basic purple or brown (for winter)
Application was easy - I was good to go in 2 coats!
Also - I think this has the best name of all the shades in the Hong Kong Collection. (Meeting someone for a fun, cosmopolitan night out!)

I really love the colour but think I would prefer this shade in either a solid cream or a full on glitter! I donít think this one lends itself best to the shimmer effect. So this did not get full marks from me - it got a 4. Still a high mark. I actually prefer this in the natural daylight as the shimmer is less obvious.

I am not sure I would buy again (I put yes but...) I think OPI Rally Pretty Pink is a shade that takes this colour to another dimension with the gold foil effect duo tone. I love RPP and would always reach for that over MMOTSF
I am not saying that you donít need to own both as they are not the same - but if I am in the mood for a shimmery dusky purple I would rather turn up the bling with RPP!

on 8/7/2011 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This color looks just like Urban Decay's Last Call eyeshadow. The texture is OK.

on 6/2/2011 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great plum with a hint of bronze to it - it's the ideal nail polish counterpart to Stila's Barefoot Contessa eyeshadow - not that you would normally match your shadow to your nails, but those familiar with Barefoot Contessa will understand what I mean. This color is surprisingly versatile - I find it looks amazing with browns and earth tones as well as basic black. Truly one of my all-time favorites.

on 6/2/2011 2:16:00 PM

Gor-geous! Great fall color. Took about 2 coats and dried nicely. It's a nice shimmery purple that looks great on my toes.

on 5/18/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I didn't like this color much, then my boyfriend told me I looked like I borrowed it from my grandma. Then the consistency was a little thicker than normal, I swapped it with someone.

It's a wine lavender, with like specks. It's pretty but not for me. I bought it because it was the prettiest one I saw within that line.

Popular Polishes