November 28, 2014 | 1920 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Lengths Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just discovered this mascara @ Sephora & I love it! In a single swoop, mascara went on effortlessly, cleanly & w/o any mess whatsoever. I've tried many types of mascaras from drugstore brands (Maybelline Lash Stylist w/comb applicator was my fave, but now long discontinued - loss) to high end (I loved Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes innovative ball brush but hated that the formula smeared all over my eyes like ink - fail). My recent favorite has been Lancome Hypnose for ease of removal & relative ease of application...but there never seems to be much mascara in the tube, so it runs out quicker than expected (or dries out too fast). Finally I found this mascara & am loving it. Lancome Hypnose gave me enhanced yet still natural looking lashes - a little boring, when what I really want is more drama & thickness. Clinique High Lengths, in 1 or 2 easy swipes, puts soft-looking yet dramatic fur coats on my eyes! Love the exaggerated yet still realistic effect I get from this mascara. Does a great job of lengthening & adding fullness w/no clumping (or very minimal, depending on how much I'm trying to put on). The curved, sparse comb-style applicator is innovative & works w/my comb-applicator mascara preferences.

Best of all, the formula dries quickly on lashes & stays put - I get no annoying flaking, smudging or smearing during wear. My lashes definitely get noticed & complimented. I wash this off w/regular face wash, but it takes a little elbow grease, so I like that it's really water resistant. Surprisingly nice find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW. My lashes never looked so good. It lengthens like crazy. Plus, it separates and defines your lashes so they look naturally gorgeous and not like spider legs. So many of the volumizing mascaras make your lashes too thick and spider looking. This makes them look like your lashes but 100x better. It also held a curl all day and did not flake or smudge. This is my new HG. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by AeraMarS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Clinique high lengths is my everyday mascara... It leghthens really good my short lashes without clumping them... I only apply one to two coats for a very natural result. Excellent lengthening mascara... I will surely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by starskye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this as a full size sample. I have very fine & thin lashes and when I applied this without curling my lashes, I was amazed at how much it lengthened and lifted my lashes!!! I am going to purchase!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by bkaradzhova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this mascara when I purchased skincare from Clinique. I usually hate their mascaras because they don't seem to do much but after applying this one I was surprised. I applied 2-3 coats and my lashes were really long and not clumped at all. I liked the look it gave me very much and I was planning to buy the full size. However when I had to take it off I had a bad time. It was burning my eyes so bad that I just could not stand it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with sensitive eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I bought this mascara on an impulse after I had gotten a makeover at the Clinique stand at my local mall. It was very expensive compared to the Maybelline/Covergirl mascaras I usually buy (Price was $15) But I figured "What the heck?! It's time to try something new!!" The first thing I noticed about this mascara was the VERY oddly shaped wand. It is COMPLETELY curved with tiny bristles. After a lot of hard work, I finally got the desired result. My lashes looked amazingly long, and it almost paid offf for the horrible wand shape! But due to the price and the good drugstore mascaras I've found since then, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Had great expectations for this mascara, and if you are purely looking for a lengthening mascara this is great. It definitely lengthens and defines lashes. Downfall is that it is not very build able as it will start to stick your lashes together. It also has no added volume to lashes.

The brush at first was difficult to use, but you do get used to it. Wouldn't buy again as I need something that lengthens and adds volume to lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Holy clumps batman!!! I honestly have no idea why I continue to try out Clinique mascaras when the formulas are ALWAYS way to wet and they clump my lashed together. I guess the name 'high lengths' gave me those 'high hopes' that this mascara may be something different but it really wasn't. This mascara does give great length which is excellent but it clumps my lashes like its nobody's business. I look like I have about 3 lashes by the time I am done with this. Also it smudges. By the end of the day you look like a raccoon that woke during the day. I know this is a ridiculously silly complaint but the 'brush' of this mascara freaks me out cause it reminds me of a caterpillar. All in all I just would not recommend this unless you like living is clump and smudge city.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryQueen

I don't think there will be any other mascaras that I'll hate more than this one. I have read tons about it on blogs that said how amazing it is and really lenghtens your eyelashes and how easy to apply and how it reaches to even the shortest lashes. So I had high hopes from this one. When I saw that it was on sale, I went for it and got it. I have medium long and thick and very straight lashes, so I used Shiseido's mascara base after I curled my lashes and applied my new mascara. My god, what a disappointment! My eyelashes never got so sticky before! I had to use a lash brush to get rid of the clumps and seperate the lashes that were stuck together. Maybe good for some people, but if you have eyelashes like mine, this one would be just a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best if you have stubby lashes! I used this and I had long, individual lashes that were to die for. A miracle in itself. I used this to point up on my lashes as well as the usual way we bring up the brush. I have tried everything! You may have to perfect your technique a bit, but then you will be rewarded. Please Clinique - do not discontinue!!