Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 6/20/2015 1:55:00 PM

I don't love it, i don't hate it. The coverage is medium and you don't need a lot (be careful with your foundation brush it can get a bit cakey) the smell is a little strong and it doesn't help with my shiny forehead so i'm a bit disappointed. It goes well with a finishing powder though. It's not HG but i like it, it's a good everyday foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of the worst foundations I have ever tried. My forehead is really oily but the rest of my face is really dry and I have acne prone skin with acne scars. First of all the coverage is horrible it is less coverage than a BB cream. It is extremely oily. I felt like I was just putting baby oil on my skin with no coverage. It broke me out like crazy like cystic acne even though I never break out like that. My skin was extremely itchy like if I had an allergic reaction to it. As if that was not enough it did not last at all within an hour it was transferring to everything I touched. The only thing I liked about this foundation was the packaging and the scent. DO NOT buy this foundation it is not worth it at all!

on 6/16/2015 12:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is absolutely the best foundation I have purchased in ages. It has a very fine texture, does not cake and has good pigmentation. It covers relatively well and leaves a silky, glowing effect. It also holds up during the day. Much better than a lot of the expensive brands. I have heard that this is a great dupe for Armani foundations.

Will repurchase. the lightest shade fits NC20 just nicely.

on 6/11/2015 8:33:00 PM

My skin is funny. It's dehydrated and oily and I'm always looking for a "my skin but better' foundation. While on vacation in the UK I picked up a bottle of this on the advice of MUA. I'm very glad that I did, as this is fantastic.

The coverage is light to medium, but I don't need much (about half of a pump) to cover most of my face. I'm NW15ish and shade 51 fits me nicely. It evens out my skin well and covers minor imperfections. This isn't a foundation for full coverage, for sure, but it's a step above BB creams and tinted moisturizers. It seems to last pretty well too--my days can be pretty long and this seems to keep going all day long.

What's very telling is the reactions others have had. Co-workers and friends have said, "Wow, you're glowing!" and "You look great!" Vacations will have that effect, but I'm pretty sure that this foundation has played a big part in giving me a fresher look.

This is great stuff. I only wish it was available in the US. *sigh*

on 6/5/2015 6:43:00 PM

I love this foundation!
I have been using it for years and it is lovely! the shade 51 is a perfect match for my pale skin. Its not to pink or to yellow, its more of an illuminating cream colour.
It has a medium coverage id say that you can build slightly. It sits nicely on the skin and doesn't feel heavy at all.
The only down side is it lasts fully maybe 5/6 hours on me but I do have a job where I do a lot of rushing around and my skin is slightly oily. but i don't mind how long it lasts tbh, id much rather just retouch it once through out the day than put a foundation on once in the morning and it be chalky and heavy.
I forgot tbh how much I loved this foundation and I have just bought a different drug store one, got it home and though why did I do that! its no where near as good!

I only like this foundation if I mix it with a BB cream. On it's own I found it goes on very thin and light and the BB cream helped thicken it up a little so it gave better coverage without looking cakey. I bought the lightest color in the range and shockingly found it a bit too pale for my already fair skin tone. I never had this happen before with other light colors and I didn't want to look paler than I already am. This is another reason I mixed it with a BB cream to add a little more color to it. I also noticed it had a kind of fruity scent which fades after you've applied it. I won't repurchase this since it's a little pricey and for me I need a BB cream to go along with it which then bumps up the price further.

on 5/29/2015 10:27:00 PM

I bught this product because I needed a bit of coverage for any family events, otherwise I had stopped wearing foundation for over a year. Every foundation I had tried before no matter how good it claimed to be for my acne prone and combination skin, would irritate my face, leave me very very oily and always felt like a mask on my face. So one of the main reasons I bought the healthy mix was because I wanted a light weight coverage that didn't feel like a mask!

Its honestly been a god send not only for days when i've had events or occasions, but has become part of my daily routine. Its very light weight, has the light to medium coverage that is build-able without looking cakey, and very easy to apply with a sponge i've noticed or fingers. It does however make my face oily over the duration of the day but nowhere near as fast as all the other foundations i've tried and its nothing oil blotting sheets an powder can't fix.

I wasn't too sure about the packaging, its in a glass bottle and I was afraid i'd smash it easily the amount of times i've dropped it, however it hasn't broken or cracked and seems pretty strong. The pump I had difficulties with when getting the right amount of foundation out at first but after a while the pump loosens a bit and you can squeeze out the desired amount of foundation.

I never thought a foundation would make it back into my daily routine, so I would honestly recommend this to anyone struggling to find a foundation that doesn't feel like a mask, doesn't irritate acne prone skin and needs a quick solution to get a natural finish.

I just replaced my old foundation with this and wow I was so pleasantly surprised! For the very reasonable price this foundation is incredible! It works for me so much better than the old BENEFIT one I was using which is more than double the price!! My partner and mum have both noticed how clear and glowing my skin looks with this.
It sits well on my skin, dousnt cake, covers any little spots I get and evens my skin tone! It leaves my skin feeling silky and lovely and gives really good coverage in my opinion. Will definitely buy this again as it perfect everyday makeup and simply one of the best foundations I have found for my skin (I'm very pale using shade 51 and it dousnt go orangey or look too dark like many foundations do)

on 5/19/2015 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This foundation is good for everyday, and it has a light to medium coverage.

However, I do have combination skin, and I find that even after I prime my T-zone with benefit porefessional, it still gets oily pretty early on in the day.

I'd personally use this for the days I don't need to wear foundation all day and only for 2-4 hours!

It has a rather strong fruity scent which I personally don't mind (as long as the foundation doesn't smell like nasty paint I'm good lol)

I have the shade 53 and I'm NC30.

I'd like to start of by saying that I found this foundation to be better than a lot of the high end foundation I've tried.

I like the texture and how it feels on my face. It just sits nicely on my skin. The coverage is really great to ( can be buildable but I consider it medium coverage) it covers most of the spots on my face and evens my skin tone. This is one of the few foundations that doesn't cake on my skin, but leaves a hydrating glow.

I'm Nc20 and I purchased shade 52 which I think is perfect for Nc20. If you are on the pale side of Nc20 or are Nc15 then I'd go with shade 51. 51 is what I'd use during the winter.

It has a fruity scent.

I have pretty dry skin and I have to say, oddly enough, I found the Healthy Mix foundation is more hydrating on me then the serum version. The Healthy Mix Foundation also has much better coverage.

Video Reviews & Tutorials