Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 10/1/2013 12:42:00 AM

This was a gift from a friend and I'm surprised to see that the shade suits me very well. The formula is somewhere in between matte and a moisturizing lipstick. I sometimes wear it alone without wearing a lip balm and it doesn't dry out my lips. It's a very wearable shade as well.

on 9/21/2013 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Classic no nonsense shade that is great for everyday office wear. I love that this pink has a beige tint to it which doesn't make it pop too much and just gives that understated pretty pink look. I typically reapply this lipstick about 3-4x a day. A must have for girls that love classic and natural makeup looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

classy shade, but has no staying power.

on 8/23/2013 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a colour which really does look different on everyone, it's amazing. On me, it is a medium, natural looking rosy pink shade, which has a touch of orange. Definitely not an orange lippie though, still definitely in the pink range. I originally ignored this, thinking it was an overrated shade, but there is something unique about it. Maybe it is entirely psychological. Anyway, it has a lovely creamy formula which glides on, is hydrating and has decent lasting power. Coverage is medium, which I guess allows some of your natural lip shade to mingle with it. I still think this shade is overrated, but it is still very pretty and can be worn for both daily and more formal occasions. I like it a fair bit and wear if often, but I don't think I will repurchase.

on 8/1/2013 10:49:00 AM

Rouge Coco is now my go to lipstick! It classy and wearable for everyone!

on 6/16/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The color is just amazing, I couldn't love it more. It's a rose/coral tone with just a little bit of brown. On me, it looks just like it does in the add.
If I wear it as a lip stain, it will look very delicate, natural and polished. An English rose look, as another reviewer said. Worn as a lipstick, it's sophisticated, classy.
It doesn't make my lips dry and it's quite comfortable to wear. However, it completely disappears from my lips in a VERY short time! I'd say one hour maximum and it's gone. Even if I had paid less than half of the price, I'd expect more. For a 25 euro lipstick, the quality is plain bad. I only don't say that it's disappointing because I tried it at the shop before I bought it, so I knew what I was paying for, and decided to buy it anyway because of the color. And I must say that all the other Chanel lipsticks I've tried so far have this problem".
Yes, I'd buy "Mademoiselle" again. Because of the color only. If I could find an identical cheaper dupe for it, I wouldn't think twice, though.

on 5/29/2013 11:42:00 PM

Out of this world! Even after hours of wearing it you will still have a beautiful stain on your lips. Super natural color.

on 5/29/2013 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely my HG lipstick. On my lips, which are naturally quite pigmented, it shows up as a beautiful rosy color. It compliments my yellowish complection so well. It just make my face glow; I look healthy and pulled together.

The formulation is superb. It's long lasting but not drying, and it's a unique satin finish that's just beautiful.
I hope they never, ever discontinue this product.

on 2/23/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have fair skin and my lips have barely any pigment in them...this color on me looks exactly like the Vanessa Paradis ad. I know this lipstick tends to have a chameleon effect on people so I'm guessing if your lips are pigmented, and you are buying this to look like the ad, best to try it at a counter first. I do like the shade a lot, I think as long as Chanel makes it I will purchase, but I won't be reaching for it everyday. Because my lips are so lightly pigmented this is a lot of color, I generally go for more sheer lipsticks, but there is no denying this beautiful shade. I absolutely ADORE the color I get when I blot the lipstick, but you know, once you blot there is almost no staying power left. Luckily, I found that Chanel Plumetis has the exact same color out of the tube as this does when blotted (Plumetis is another chameleon, appears beige in the tube and is a gorgeous dimensional warm pink on the lips, but I guess that's for another review...).

on 2/11/2013 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this two weeks ago through Nordstrom online. All the counters near me were sold out of it, so I had not tried it on in advance. When it came, I sat down at my dressing table and tried it on. There was not really any WOW factor to it and at first I wasn't sure it was very different from another rosy nude I own - Nars Dolce Vita. On comparison, I realized it is much rosier than Dolce Vita and, instead of making my face look like a 90's throwback (with all those brownie nude lips and neutral tones), it made my face look like an English rose. I continue to be surprised by what a versatile shade it is. Soft, sophisticated, and very wearable as either a stain or built up. So glad I ordered it! Am already wondering if I should order backups in case this ever gets discontinued...

Popular Lipsticks