Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 11/6/2013 4:17:00 AM

So I saw some reviews and thought this would be perfect for me.. not really. The color is chic and neutral but the texture is too dry. And dry lippies just give me the dreaded "aging" mouth. Moister lips look more youthful.

on 10/12/2013 11:20:00 PM

Mademoiselle is a lovely shade that is really flattering and looks great for all occasions. It goes on medium rose on my lips. The formula is great - very creamy, moisturizing and doesn't dry out the lips.

on 10/11/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was a little apprehensive about purchasing this color, because I read reviews calling this color, pink, nude, peach and coral, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm very cool and any hint of warmth in a lipstick pulls orange and looks like I've been eating Cheetos. Despite my reservations, I took the $34 plus tax USD plunge and I'm glad I did.

This is a beautiful color. There are so many ways to describe it, but the color that comes to mind is "wood rose." On me it's a rosy pink with a hint of beige-brown. It's neutral, yet leans slightly warmer, but does not pull orange. This color apparently looks different on everyone, which is what makes it so versatile. What I like the most, however, is the feel. Very lightweight and moisturizing. This doesn't chap my lips and is long-wearing. I've been touting Estee Lauder's Rose Tea as my HG, but Mademoiselle might be the one.

The price is pretty outrageous, so if you're looking for an affordable dupe, a lot of people are comparing Mademoiselle to Revlon's Soft Rose. I find it to be similar to MAC's Cosmo, but Cosmo is more mauve.

The formula is absolutely wonderful. It doesn't dry your lips, your lips look healthy without lines.

All the MAC lipsticks I own (they are my stable, what I usually wear) dry my lips more or less, therefore, I always walk around with lines on my lips like an old lady. So when I actually see how Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick make my lips look smooth without lines, I am shocked no lines showing on the lips can actually be done. That's so weird...I am not used to this.

The only thing that I am not fond of is the price, of course. If it were a tad cheaper, I would collect many Chanel Rouge Coco lipsticks. Now I can only be selective in colors.

The staying power is great. It stays 4 hours until I start eating snacks or full meal again. Hehe...

Color Mademoiselle 05 is a very classic color. It's soft and classy. It doesn't wow you or give you the Bang! But it's very subtle, flattering, and pretty. It is not too subtle like nude colors, it has enough pigment to brighten you face and you don't need full face makeup or heavy eye makeup to match your lips like what you would do when you wear nude lipsticks.

I will definitely keep buying it. This is the lipstick for all occasion. I love it. You can wear it to board meetings, crazy parties, school, or just stores. It's amazing.

on 10/2/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If you are interested in this because of online swatches or how it looks on other people, I feel you need to check this color out for yourself because in real life I found the color totally different on me and unique to my lipstick stash. It is what I would call a truely full coverage lipstick. The Chanel lady insisted it was pink but I am a pink/berry/red lippie kind of girl, and this is not a cool tone, yet it is not completely warm either. There is certainly some brown or yellow in it. Anyway! On me, it leans more coral than pink. I love the color. It is not completely matte but it's not shimmery. Somehow it gives lips some serious depth. It is a heavier creamy consistency, but not especially hydrating either. I don't like the heavy feel of it and I don;t like the fact that it almost enhances too many lines. But then again I am overly critical of myself. I enjoy using lipbrushes to sheer and define but this one still just manages to feel moist but drying if that makes any sense. It wears well and for a good half day without eating or drinking and it wears down evenly, a big plus. Really nice lipstick. 4/5 rating points.

on 10/1/2013 12:42:00 AM

This was a gift from a friend and I'm surprised to see that the shade suits me very well. The formula is somewhere in between matte and a moisturizing lipstick. I sometimes wear it alone without wearing a lip balm and it doesn't dry out my lips. It's a very wearable shade as well.

on 9/21/2013 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Classic no nonsense shade that is great for everyday office wear. I love that this pink has a beige tint to it which doesn't make it pop too much and just gives that understated pretty pink look. I typically reapply this lipstick about 3-4x a day. A must have for girls that love classic and natural makeup looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

classy shade, but has no staying power.

on 8/23/2013 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a colour which really does look different on everyone, it's amazing. On me, it is a medium, natural looking rosy pink shade, which has a touch of orange. Definitely not an orange lippie though, still definitely in the pink range. I originally ignored this, thinking it was an overrated shade, but there is something unique about it. Maybe it is entirely psychological. Anyway, it has a lovely creamy formula which glides on, is hydrating and has decent lasting power. Coverage is medium, which I guess allows some of your natural lip shade to mingle with it. I still think this shade is overrated, but it is still very pretty and can be worn for both daily and more formal occasions. I like it a fair bit and wear if often, but I don't think I will repurchase.

on 8/1/2013 10:49:00 AM

Rouge Coco is now my go to lipstick! It classy and wearable for everyone!

Recommended for Medium Skin