October 23, 2014 | 1085 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by californiabreeze

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

classy shade, but has no staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a colour which really does look different on everyone, it's amazing. On me, it is a medium, natural looking rosy pink shade, which has a touch of orange. Definitely not an orange lippie though, still definitely in the pink range. I originally ignored this, thinking it was an overrated shade, but there is something unique about it. Maybe it is entirely psychological. Anyway, it has a lovely creamy formula which glides on, is hydrating and has decent lasting power. Coverage is medium, which I guess allows some of your natural lip shade to mingle with it. I still think this shade is overrated, but it is still very pretty and can be worn for both daily and more formal occasions. I like it a fair bit and wear if often, but I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by carascrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Rouge Coco is now my go to lipstick! It classy and wearable for everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Liliaceae2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The color is just amazing, I couldn't love it more. It's a rose/coral tone with just a little bit of brown. On me, it looks just like it does in the add.
If I wear it as a lip stain, it will look very delicate, natural and polished. An English rose look, as another reviewer said. Worn as a lipstick, it's sophisticated, classy.
It doesn't make my lips dry and it's quite comfortable to wear. However, it completely disappears from my lips in a VERY short time! I'd say one hour maximum and it's gone. Even if I had paid less than half of the price, I'd expect more. For a 25 euro lipstick, the quality is plain bad. I only don't say that it's disappointing because I tried it at the shop before I bought it, so I knew what I was paying for, and decided to buy it anyway because of the color. And I must say that all the other Chanel lipsticks I've tried so far have this problem".
Yes, I'd buy "Mademoiselle" again. Because of the color only. If I could find an identical cheaper dupe for it, I wouldn't think twice, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by 4Bella

Out of this world! Even after hours of wearing it you will still have a beautiful stain on your lips. Super natural color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my HG lipstick. On my lips, which are naturally quite pigmented, it shows up as a beautiful rosy color. It compliments my yellowish complection so well. It just make my face glow; I look healthy and pulled together.

The formulation is superb. It's long lasting but not drying, and it's a unique satin finish that's just beautiful.
I hope they never, ever discontinue this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fair skin and my lips have barely any pigment in them...this color on me looks exactly like the Vanessa Paradis ad. I know this lipstick tends to have a chameleon effect on people so I'm guessing if your lips are pigmented, and you are buying this to look like the ad, best to try it at a counter first. I do like the shade a lot, I think as long as Chanel makes it I will purchase, but I won't be reaching for it everyday. Because my lips are so lightly pigmented this is a lot of color, I generally go for more sheer lipsticks, but there is no denying this beautiful shade. I absolutely ADORE the color I get when I blot the lipstick, but you know, once you blot there is almost no staying power left. Luckily, I found that Chanel Plumetis has the exact same color out of the tube as this does when blotted (Plumetis is another chameleon, appears beige in the tube and is a gorgeous dimensional warm pink on the lips, but I guess that's for another review...).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this two weeks ago through Nordstrom online. All the counters near me were sold out of it, so I had not tried it on in advance. When it came, I sat down at my dressing table and tried it on. There was not really any WOW factor to it and at first I wasn't sure it was very different from another rosy nude I own - Nars Dolce Vita. On comparison, I realized it is much rosier than Dolce Vita and, instead of making my face look like a 90's throwback (with all those brownie nude lips and neutral tones), it made my face look like an English rose. I continue to be surprised by what a versatile shade it is. Soft, sophisticated, and very wearable as either a stain or built up. So glad I ordered it! Am already wondering if I should order backups in case this ever gets discontinued...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a conflicted review. I never wear or buy lipsticks, this is my first in years. (Normally I use potted tinted lip gloss). I do like this color on me and it feels luxurious and helps me look put together. BUT.

I've had this since December and it's already almost finished. WHAT?! Is it normal to go through a lipstick tube this quickly? I wear it probably every other day, apply once or twice. Seriously???? It's $35!!!!

This is an honest question. Is this normal for lipstick? If so, then based on color alone, I like this and would repurchase it. But not every 2 months, at this price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Talk about intriguing: Chanel Rouge Coco in 05 Mademoiselle has been one of the most buzzed about lipstick shades to be released in the past two years. Swatches online can't help but add to the allure and hype surrounding it; this same shade pulls red on one blogger, peach on another, and every shade of pink, nude, beige, and brown in between. This is a seemingly magical lipstick to read about and look at. Some reviewers have even claimed that this color has plum, mauve, honey, or coral, depending on their natural lip pigmentation and skin tone.

Given all of the raves and comparisons, it's no wonder that I myself became curious to see what shade Mademoiselle would pull on me. I have NW15 skin and my natural lip color is a neutral-cool soft pink. My favorite Chanel SA generously gave me a mini tube of this lipstick the last time I swung by the counter, and I was very eager to find out if I too would fall in love with what's been deemed a universally flattering shade.

Mademoiselle pulls a warm brown-red on my skin, but more brown than red. In certain lights, I can see hints of peach, but not enough to save this color from going the wrong type of dark for my coloring. I feel like this shade ages me; it's a little too 90s for my taste. If Mademoiselle was a little lighter and peachier or plummier, I'd probably love it to bits. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be reaching for this color again. However, I can appreciate the quality of the formula (this particular formula is highly pigmented and almost semi-matte, but not really) and the concept behind this shade. There really is something Parisian-esque about it. On the right coloring, it could look fantastic with bronzer, rose-peach blush, and smudgy kohl liner, and the look would be quintessential French chic. As for me, I'm still searching for the perfect shade for me to pull that idea off!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No