April 23, 2014 | 1933 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by goldrauschengel

In general I love all the Rouge Coco lipsticks eventhough I am more of a lipgloss user. The texture, the smell and the packaging of these lipsticks make them feel very luxurious, and they are very silky and non-drying, which is a problem I usually have with other lipsticks. The staying power is average but I don't mind reapplying, since all longwear lipsticks just dry out my lips.

This shade is a very rich red/pink with a blue undertone, so it really stands out and makes my teeth look very white. I only wear this lipstick when I go out at night, but lately red lipsticks seem to have become more accepted in daily wear too...I still find this too flashy for work though. Definitely makes me feel chic and confident, so a nice perk for those nights out!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by hollygoblin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh. This slips right off my lips, and makes my teeth look yellow. It's absolutely lovely in the tube, but has no staying power. Worse, it leaves a ring when it fades. Don't be seduced by the pretty color! It doesn't stay true and the texture is just terrible.
Waste of $36. Grumble.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by saucylucy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I only buy red lipsticks, this is my second red lipstick, first being Maybelline's Red lipstick which I discontinued using for two years because it was too shocking and I feel like it didn't suit me. So after 2 years of NOT buying lipstick, I decided to buy a new red lipstick, and this color made me FALL IN LOVE WITH LIPSTICK! Chanel's Gabrielle 19, started my love affair with lipsticks. After buying this , I accumulated 5 lipsticks in two months.

I love this shade because I can use it from day to night and it doesn't go overboard. Also, it's very moisturizing and it doesn't have any undertones so I think it will suit any skin color. I was medium-fair skin when I bought it, but after going to the beach a lot I am now really tan, and it still looks good on me. The downside I think is that after I eat, I have to re-apply it. Other than that I am really happy with this tube because 1) I get a lot of compliments; 2) I made my friends try it and they loved it! It's very vintage, and at the same time cuts through eras. I must say Rouge Coco Gabrielle #19 is a classic color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a moisturizing, true red lipstick and that's what I got.
This is very close to the perfect lipstick.
I can't say much about it, but that I love it and would always repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by abbeylicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

A Classic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am NW10-15 for reference.
This is a beautiful red on me. I have highly pigmented pink lips and it manages to cancel out the pink and pull a true red that is very flattering my skin tone. It also doesn't scream LOOK AT MY LIPS, it's more, "hey there mister, *wink wink*" which is much more preferable. The formula feel very moisturizing, but as it wore, there definitely was a ring around my lips like a lip liner. For the asking price of this product, I would expect those kinds of flaws, the kind I forgive drug store lip sticks for, to be absent. Hence why the color match brings it from a 3 to a 4, but the formula is lacking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could give this product a review of 100 lipsticks, I would. It is perfect. This is the first red lipstick that has ever flattered my skintone and haircolor. It's a true red, so it doesn't look garish or pull orange on me at all. The formulation is phenomenal, and I can get a good four hours of wear out of this pretty easily. It feels so nice on the lips and it doesn't dry them out at all. The packaging is gorgeous and feels luxurious. This is the most amazing lipstick I have ever owned.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I think the name "Gabrielle" was very well chosen for this shade as it reminds you very much of that red Coco Chanel wore all the time. Itīs a true red, a "Ferrari" red, a "Marlboro" red, a "Coke" red. Gorgeous when wearing black and sleek clothes and a pearl necklace. The spirit of Gabrielle Chanel in a lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

As much as Gabrielle is such a perfect color on me, i really have to damn the Rouge Coco formula. Firstly, it leaves a vampirish ring around my lips after eating. Secondly the lasting power is seriously average. Thirdly, it dries out my lips and makes my lip lines look even more defined. I am definitely not touching any other Rouge Cocos from now.

Now, read this review which i have to fully agree with:

Honestly, if you're looking to buy a luxury lipstick, put your money in YSL's Rouge Pur Couture. That's what i call MOISTURISING and STAYING POWER.

On to search for a Gabrielle dupe!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a basic medium red lipstick, nothing special. Hydrating formula and just the right balance between matte and glossy. Packaging feels sleek and substantial. I was hoping it would be more orange-red like one of the member photos, but on me it's just a basic red. I already own a similar lipstick (NARS Jungle Red) and prefer it over the Chanel due to 1) the price; 2) the lack of a flowery scent (ugh); and 3) the finish (semi-matte and less prone to running than the Chanel's hydrating formula).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No