Chanel Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

4.4

on 1/16/2013 8:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Love love love this red! I have Asian nc40 skin and Gabrielle works really well to compliment the yellow undertones in my skin and not to mention make my teeth appear whiter. I like the way this lipstick is deeply pigmented, moisturizing and comfortable to wear and it doesn't need too much product to get the coverage. I use it with a chanel lip liner in rouge profound no. 57 and it works well to maintain the staying power of the lipstick and as with most deep colours I would always wear a lip liner to prevent bleeding on the lip line. Having said that I am a lover of nude colors but this red got me excited enough to buy it...The beautiful chanel packaging doesn't go amiss either!

on 1/10/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Truly a HG buy for me! It's a stunning red which looks perfect on my Chanel B60 skin. It's moisturising, richly pigmented and never fails to draw compilments. Definetly my go-to red for day or night. Can be worn alone or for days where perfection is warranted I'll apply it with a lip brush over lip-liner. Highly recommended.

on 12/24/2012 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Looks good, perfect red for most skin tones. But it is a red so hard to keep it looking good for long time, many bathroom trips for touch ups.

In general I love all the Rouge Coco lipsticks eventhough I am more of a lipgloss user. The texture, the smell and the packaging of these lipsticks make them feel very luxurious, and they are very silky and non-drying, which is a problem I usually have with other lipsticks. The staying power is average but I don't mind reapplying, since all longwear lipsticks just dry out my lips.

This shade is a very rich red/pink with a blue undertone, so it really stands out and makes my teeth look very white. I only wear this lipstick when I go out at night, but lately red lipsticks seem to have become more accepted in daily wear too...I still find this too flashy for work though. Definitely makes me feel chic and confident, so a nice perk for those nights out!

on 8/24/2012 7:16:00 PM

Ugh. This slips right off my lips, and makes my teeth look yellow. It's absolutely lovely in the tube, but has no staying power. Worse, it leaves a ring when it fades. Don't be seduced by the pretty color! It doesn't stay true and the texture is just terrible.
Waste of $36. Grumble.

on 2/14/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I only buy red lipsticks, this is my second red lipstick, first being Maybelline's Red lipstick which I discontinued using for two years because it was too shocking and I feel like it didn't suit me. So after 2 years of NOT buying lipstick, I decided to buy a new red lipstick, and this color made me FALL IN LOVE WITH LIPSTICK! Chanel's Gabrielle 19, started my love affair with lipsticks. After buying this , I accumulated 5 lipsticks in two months.

I love this shade because I can use it from day to night and it doesn't go overboard. Also, it's very moisturizing and it doesn't have any undertones so I think it will suit any skin color. I was medium-fair skin when I bought it, but after going to the beach a lot I am now really tan, and it still looks good on me. The downside I think is that after I eat, I have to re-apply it. Other than that I am really happy with this tube because 1) I get a lot of compliments; 2) I made my friends try it and they loved it! It's very vintage, and at the same time cuts through eras. I must say Rouge Coco Gabrielle #19 is a classic color.

on 1/25/2012 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a moisturizing, true red lipstick and that's what I got.
This is very close to the perfect lipstick.
I can't say much about it, but that I love it and would always repurchase this!

on 10/29/2011 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

A Classic!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am NW10-15 for reference.
This is a beautiful red on me. I have highly pigmented pink lips and it manages to cancel out the pink and pull a true red that is very flattering my skin tone. It also doesn't scream LOOK AT MY LIPS, it's more, "hey there mister, *wink wink*" which is much more preferable. The formula feel very moisturizing, but as it wore, there definitely was a ring around my lips like a lip liner. For the asking price of this product, I would expect those kinds of flaws, the kind I forgive drug store lip sticks for, to be absent. Hence why the color match brings it from a 3 to a 4, but the formula is lacking.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If I could give this product a review of 100 lipsticks, I would. It is perfect. This is the first red lipstick that has ever flattered my skintone and haircolor. It's a true red, so it doesn't look garish or pull orange on me at all. The formulation is phenomenal, and I can get a good four hours of wear out of this pretty easily. It feels so nice on the lips and it doesn't dry them out at all. The packaging is gorgeous and feels luxurious. This is the most amazing lipstick I have ever owned.

Popular Lipsticks