July 26, 2014 | 1549 users online

Mascara - Neutrogena - Healthy Lengths

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I admit, I never thought of purchasing a Neutrogena mascara but I saw someone rave about this on You Tube so I thought I'd give it a try. It's a really wonderful formula. If you are someone that needs a lot of volume then this might not be for you but it made lashes a mile long. This will be a regular for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by sparksflylove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay product. I bought the waterproof kind and Neutrogena doesnt have the hype for great eye products so I wasn't expecting much anyway. It can get pretty clumpy and the brush is just an average, straight hair-bristle brush. For top lashes it doesnt nothing at all, just coats your lashes in a small amount of clumpy mascara. For bottom lashes is better though. My eyes water sometimes because of allergies and my mascara stayed put for it.
I would say, nothing special at all about this mascara, at least for me. There are much better quality mascaras out there for the same price at the same store, so do your research and try one! (one of my favorites is the Maybelline Big Lash)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by ihartchanel

This is probably the best drug-store mascara I've ever used. It lengthens well, it's long-lasting, and I really think the formula helped make my lashes stronger. The brush is really impressive, the tip is perfect for short bottom lashes, and the bristles have a good amount of product on them. True, it does clump a bit if you're not careful, and it does flake after some time, but this is really a good lengthening mascara overall. It also doesn't dry out as fast as most other mascaras, i've had this for about 3months now, and it's still almost as moist as when I first bought it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by purplepianist

This was my first mascara, since I was worried mascara would bug my eyes like my mom. I liked the length and volume it gave to my lashes, that it could be built up or toned down to whichever effect you wanted, and it stayed put pretty well if I ended up crying even though it wasn't waterproof. The smell was kind of interesting like rice, and some people may find it wierd, but I liked it.

However, there were some big things I didn't like: it smudged a very little bit on my lower lash line (thankfully it never irritated my eyes), it made my lashes super crunchy when on, it was hard to remove with face soap even though it was not waterproof, and it would flake onto my fingers if I touched my lashes. I wish the brush had taller rubber bristles towards the tip, as they sometimes cause my inner lashes to clump together a bit.

This mascara does have a big learning curve -do not, I repeat DO NOT wipe the excess product off the wand, if you do you will end up with a clumpy mess of lashes. When I left the excess product on the wand it worked well. Also, I liked the formula better as it got older and more dried out as it reduced the excess product on the brush.

Overall I wouldn't really recommend this unless you're desperate for a mascara that doesn't irritate your eyes (I got a big glob in my eye once and it didn't irritate it at all) and are willing to put up with it's problems. I most likely won't be buying this again unless I can't find another better mascara that works for my sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Carmyn515

At first, I didn't like this masacara because I'm used to wearing maybellline. But after I used it again yesterday, I noticed that the curl lasts longer and it doesn't flake off. My lashes stay long all day long. The secret is to apply a little close to the base of your lashes and extend the brush to the length you want. I 'm starting to get used to it since its so different but its worth it. Your lashes don't get flaky by the end of the day and they last and look natural. Besides its supposed to condition your lashes. I use a homemade eye makeup remover. I use 2 tablespoons of the gnc aloe vera mixed with one tablespoon of jojoba oil. If you mix them into a cosmetic jar, you will have a wonderful gel like eye make up remover that removes this mascara beautifully.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have something of a love-hate relationship with this mascara. First off, I love how it volumizes and lengthens my eyelashes. This is my favorite DS mascara...for the first 2 weeks I have it. Secondly, the formula is nice and thick and buildable. But, after about 2 weeks, it starts becoming really clumpy and is quite dry. This has happened with every tube of this I have owned so I'm sure it's not just a one-time fluke. It's sad that the formula does this because it is such a nice mascara to begin with. Overall, I am content with this mascara but I am on the hunt for something that doesn't become dry and clumpy after a very short amount of time. If Neutrogena were to reformulate this mascara so that it stays really thick and creamy for longer than two weeks, I'd quite searching for the perfect mascara and declare this my HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by mjo42

This mascara really separated my lashes and it also gave me super long lashes. I have straight stubborn asian lashes and this really holds a curl nicely. It contains rice proteins and i dont know what that does but i guess its suppose to be really good for your lashes. This mascara did not weigh down my lashes at all. What i really liked about this is that it has a nice plasticy thin brush that will easily get into the inner corners of your eyes and the formula was not to thin or to thick.

The only problem i have with this is that the brush has no bristles for the top few millimeters and when i try to apply it to my bottom lashes, it would clump up horribly. But other than that, i thought this was great and i reccomend to anyone how needs added length and definition (but remember that this DOES NOT volumize your lashes at all)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cant say I didn't like this product but I definatley did not love it. I bought this because I have a good lo'real mascara but it makes my lashes look a bit much and sometimes I just want a natural and lengthened look so I purchased this in hopes of the natural look. It wasn't as natural looking as I would've hoped but the length is okay, not very buildable. I don't have the waterproof version but I probably should've purchased that instead because my eyes water VERY easily so it smeared below my eyes a little and would not come off so it looked like I had very odd under eye circles. I think I'll try something else next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by nayelibee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works very well on my lashes!! This is the first mascara that I have tried that doesn't make my lashes look at all clumpy. The brush separates all the lashes making them look natural and full. The color is is black/brown, but it is perfect for anyone who likes black mascara. I have tried other brands, but they seem to be some of the worst quality. I am glad I ran into make up products from Neutrogena; I like that this item is from a company that has given me good facial products.

I do wish, though, that my eye lashes were long and pretty so that I didn't have to use anything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by muffingrl

This is probably the worst mascara I've ever tried....EVER. I do have this in the Carbon Black waterproof version. It was on sale at Target for $4 so I thought "why not?". The brush is one of those flexible plastic ones, it has very sparse bristles and a tapered end. The product just gooped up on it so there was way too much product on the wand. Surprisingly, the product didn't clump, but it didn't do anything else to my lashes either. No length, no volume, no curl. That's right, a waterproof mascara that does NOT hold a curl! I just looked like I had darkened my lashes a bit. Moreover, I ended up with black smudges underneath my eyes after 4 hours! This is a terrible product, I do NOT suggest it.