Neutrogena Healthy Lengths

on 10/1/2013 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was excited to try one of Neutrogena's mascaras since it's one of the only brands that I haven't tried over the years.

The packaging was very simple. A long slender tube, and a fuzzy brush with bristles that weren't tightly packed together. Since there was space between bristles, it was easy to comb the brush through my lashes to apply product evenly.

This mascara isn't a dramatic type. I applied 2 coats, and my lashes looked long and defined in an understated way. There was no clumping or flaking.

This is a very good mascara if you don't want a dramatic look. I couldn't build my lashes up enough for my taste with this mascara, but I would recommend it to people who want a good mascara with a more natural look.

on 7/9/2013 2:31:00 PM

This is now my mascara of choice.

If it was $3, $13 or $30 I would still buy it. It doesn't clump and its sooooo smooth going on. I especially like that on the rare occasion I use the lash curler, it doesn't clump, flake or leave any significant residue. For something I can pick up @ the Walgreens this is a definite gem!

on 6/20/2013 11:24:00 PM

Great mascara - doesn't clump on me and stays put. I've tried evert high and low end mascaras for years and this is my favorite so far.

on 3/14/2013 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Have been searching for a mascara that lengthens and it does just what it says. I also have had a lot of problems with itching and irritation at the base of my lashes from zillions of other mascaras. This is the only product I found that does not irritate. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this mascara! I've tried high end mascaras and dirt cheap ones, but I've finally found one I'm happy with. I have medium length lashes that like to stick straight out. This mascara keeps them from going in wonky directions (thanks to the plastic brush) and really gives them nice length. I curl and apply a few coats of this mascara, wait for it to dry, and curl again. If I need to I'll comb my lashes out with my Tweezerman comb, but I don't have much of a problem with this clumping for me. It does tend to flake a bit, and I am a contact wearer, but it's nothing too extreme. I can tell my eyelashes are healthier, and I've noticed they curl slightly more when they're bare! When I think of Neutrogena, I don't think of them offering any fancy cosmetics, especially since I'm more prone to go check out Maybelline's display or Covergirl. But giviing them a try, I've found a good quality product!

on 1/4/2013 11:33:00 PM

I admit, I never thought of purchasing a Neutrogena mascara but I saw someone rave about this on You Tube so I thought I'd give it a try. It's a really wonderful formula. If you are someone that needs a lot of volume then this might not be for you but it made lashes a mile long. This will be a regular for me.

This is an okay product. I bought the waterproof kind and Neutrogena doesnt have the hype for great eye products so I wasn't expecting much anyway. It can get pretty clumpy and the brush is just an average, straight hair-bristle brush. For top lashes it doesnt nothing at all, just coats your lashes in a small amount of clumpy mascara. For bottom lashes is better though. My eyes water sometimes because of allergies and my mascara stayed put for it.
I would say, nothing special at all about this mascara, at least for me. There are much better quality mascaras out there for the same price at the same store, so do your research and try one! (one of my favorites is the Maybelline Big Lash)

on 4/7/2012 9:32:00 AM

This is probably the best drug-store mascara I've ever used. It lengthens well, it's long-lasting, and I really think the formula helped make my lashes stronger. The brush is really impressive, the tip is perfect for short bottom lashes, and the bristles have a good amount of product on them. True, it does clump a bit if you're not careful, and it does flake after some time, but this is really a good lengthening mascara overall. It also doesn't dry out as fast as most other mascaras, i've had this for about 3months now, and it's still almost as moist as when I first bought it.

This was my first mascara, since I was worried mascara would bug my eyes like my mom. I liked the length and volume it gave to my lashes, that it could be built up or toned down to whichever effect you wanted, and it stayed put pretty well if I ended up crying even though it wasn't waterproof. The smell was kind of interesting like rice, and some people may find it wierd, but I liked it.

However, there were some big things I didn't like: it smudged a very little bit on my lower lash line (thankfully it never irritated my eyes), it made my lashes super crunchy when on, it was hard to remove with face soap even though it was not waterproof, and it would flake onto my fingers if I touched my lashes. I wish the brush had taller rubber bristles towards the tip, as they sometimes cause my inner lashes to clump together a bit.

This mascara does have a big learning curve -do not, I repeat DO NOT wipe the excess product off the wand, if you do you will end up with a clumpy mess of lashes. When I left the excess product on the wand it worked well. Also, I liked the formula better as it got older and more dried out as it reduced the excess product on the brush.

Overall I wouldn't really recommend this unless you're desperate for a mascara that doesn't irritate your eyes (I got a big glob in my eye once and it didn't irritate it at all) and are willing to put up with it's problems. I most likely won't be buying this again unless I can't find another better mascara that works for my sensitive eyes.

on 11/7/2011 6:10:00 PM

At first, I didn't like this masacara because I'm used to wearing maybellline. But after I used it again yesterday, I noticed that the curl lasts longer and it doesn't flake off. My lashes stay long all day long. The secret is to apply a little close to the base of your lashes and extend the brush to the length you want. I 'm starting to get used to it since its so different but its worth it. Your lashes don't get flaky by the end of the day and they last and look natural. Besides its supposed to condition your lashes. I use a homemade eye makeup remover. I use 2 tablespoons of the gnc aloe vera mixed with one tablespoon of jojoba oil. If you mix them into a cosmetic jar, you will have a wonderful gel like eye make up remover that removes this mascara beautifully.