October 25, 2014 | 1733 users online

Sunscreen - EltaMD - UV Clear SPF 46

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

This has become my daily moisturizer. I don't even consider it a sunscreen--that's how lightweight and easy to put on it is! I have extremely oily skin and have finally found a high daily spf that works for it! This does not break me out, spreads evenly and quickly, and my powder makeup looks great over it. It is completely scentless so no one knows I'm wearing sunscreen. I don't even use a makeup primer anymore because the results are the same. I spent $30 on this on Amazon (it's available for the Prime 2-day shipping) and will gladly do it again. My only gripe is that it's hard to tell how much of the product is left since the bottle is opaque. I'm planning on buying a backup regardless so this isn't a huge issue for me. If you have oily skin, I'd highly recommend this sunscreen!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My dermo recommended this and had talked up about how thin and non-greasy it was. Well I tried it twice and it was not only greasy, but also pilled like nobody's business! I couldn't even put makeup over it as the pills were evenly spread across my face. It also burned a little, which is strange since I've always used physical sunscreen. Oh well, in the return pile it goes!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally, a sunscreen that my sensitive skin can tolerate. It also doesn't give me that hideous noticeable white cast that I usually get from physical sunscreens. I'm torn on the packaging - airless pump is hygenic, but it's very bulky for traveling. I'm nearing the end of my second bottle, and have already purchased the third. Overall, I'd recommend it for /acne-prone skin if you are not sensitive to niacinamide.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Project25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all the sunscreens I've tried this is the best one for my oily, acne-prone skin. I've been using for over 2 weeks and it has really calmed down the redness and irritation I was getting from using Retin-A micro. It goes on smooth and has a beautiful finish. I don't wear foundation so this is a huge bonus for me. It is fragrance-free but I like the clean scent it has. I look forward to putting on each day and it doesn't feel like I have anything on. I still have to blot in the afternoon but it is so much less than before. Highly recommend. Only con is that I live in Canada and have to order online and ends up costing me $50 but it's worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this because of the niacin in it, hoping it would help my rosacea & be a decent sunscreen, I found it too irritating & drying...and I have pretty oily skin. I did turn red after a day in the sun with it, but I don't know if that is because of irritation from the product vs lack of sun protection. I tossed it still 3/4 full.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by FYI

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only sunscreen that hasn't broken me out. I'm almost 44 and have suffered acne my entire adult life. I asked a friend what she used because her skin always looks beautiful and she suggested I try this.

I ordered it from Amazon and have used it for two straight weeks without a single breakout. My skin looks so much smoother and less red. It doesn't make me look like a ghost at all and my mineral makeup in powder form goes on beautifully over it.

I also purchased the Physical block and one other, I think oil free. I plan on trying the physical next (it has a slight tint to it). I like to give each new product a full 2 weeks because that's the point when I know if it's going to cause a problem!

I wish the price was a little cheaper but it will not keep me from purchasing. I wish I had found this many years ago:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin: oily/dehydrated, very clog prone, sensitive

I used this sunscreen for two months. All was well the first month, then it went downhill. I have very oily skin, and this made my skin more oily and flaky by the end of the day. I've gone back to using Shiseido's Urban Environment SPF 40 Cream,which is possibly my HG sunscreen, and my skin is improving every day.

Pros: helped reduce redness, seemed to help with breakouts until it clogged every pore after a month of use
Cons: clogged my pores, gave me cystic acne on my chin, dehydrated my skin, eventually caused a burning sensation after applying it, made my skin feel extra greasy (never dried matte on me)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This sunscreen is great for my oily, sensitive, and clog-prone fair skin. It is very lightweight and is neither mattifying or greasy. It absorbs quickly into my skin and does not pill or ball up under makeup or over serums. Another great thing about this sunscreen is that it has zero fragrance and does not have any flashback in photos.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by cpapa

The best sunscreen I have used for my combination skin. I love this because it combines both a physical and chemical block, and it doesn't leave a white cast on my medium skin. I have re-purchased this product many times and recommend it to all my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was previously using Neutrogena sunscreen with helioplex. I decided to switch to Elta MD SPF 46 because I needed something more suited to sensitive skin. The Neutrogena would make my skin burn and itch, but I'm glad to say Elta MD does not! I apply it over my moisturizer and it leaves my skin smooth and soft! The silicones in this sunscreen act as a great primer for my BB cream to go over and I love that because I'm always trying to cut down the amount of product I layer on my face. I also love that this sunscreen does not have dimethicone in it, which is extremely clogging on my sensitive skin. Great packaging also with the pump. I would recommend this to anyone who reacts to products easily.