September 1, 2014 | 1872 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Tender Peach #26

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by racheff21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot believe that I waited so long to buy this one! Out of all the RVs I own, which is many, it's probably the most wearable. Unlike some of the other shades within this range, you can just slap this one on and not worry about blending or tidying or anything. I agree with those that say this is a muted, more wearable or daytime friendly version of 13 Peach Passion. I also think pretty much any skin tone could pull of this shade beautifully. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Please note that I've done a review for this line of lipsticks in several shades, the most comprehensive being #13. That said, I won't repeat the same properties that were discussed in that review in the same detail. This is my "cliff's notes" version...

I love YSL RV's so much. They have such a creamy finish, and that is the selling point for me. The texture is almost like a moussy whipped finish on your lips, so if you don't love much "slip", this might be too buttery for you. For me, it's excellent in terms of texture.

The scent: a bit strong for me...but it's definitely not a long-lasting scent. You eventually fade/forget the scent in about 10 minutes or less, but if you are highly hateful of the mango/watermelonish scent, I could see how you'll tend to smell it longer...only because you detest it and would be very sensitive to it. I wish this lipstick didn't have that strong of a scent, but I am not that affected by it.

The lasting factor: it lasts a fair amount of time for me, at least a couple of hours. If you pick a color that is very light for you in general (like #2 or #4 might be)...then it might seem like you get less wear out of it. I have #8 Fetish Pink and it's so bright, it lasts for a long time.

This color is very pretty and a more muted version of #30 Fauborg Peach. I have that one, and was worried this would dupe that, but it really is different. #30 is more of a bright peachy coral, and this is definitely more subtle with warm pink undertones. (FYI I ended up returning #13 as it was just too bright on my lips, since i'm dark-skinned. It seemed too clownish, which I realized after I took a good look at it on *me*. It's a beautiful color, though, so check that one out).

Someone said this is like a lipstick version of Stila's Gerbera convertible color. I love that comparison, although in reality, Gerbera comes out much "whiter" on the lips (hence, less wearable). This lipstick is what Gerbera *should* be on the lips.

Price: very very expensive, but IMO worth it. $34 USD.

Where to buy: YSL online, Nordstrom, and Sephora (in store now, in some Sephoras!)

Love this - my only small wish is that the packaging would be a bit less bulky.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

On a scale of 1-10, this is a 10 in creaminess. Smells like watermelon Jolly Rancher and comes in beautiful packaging. The color is a gorgeous lighter peach.

But, the creaminess may be it's downfall. I've applied this thickly and thinly and it is almost so liquidy, that it settles into lip wrinkles and makes them opaque, while other parts of my lip are sheer. It's not due to other factors like weather. This only lasts on lips for a hour or so, tops.

The formulation doesn't work for my type of lips. It is a nice color though and fabulously packaged. The watermelon smell is overwhelming. My lips are right near my nose and I don't need to smell my lips. I don't need to be near a mirror to know I have this on...I can smell it from a mile away.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by izzeee

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick <3 Gorgeous peachy coral color. This lipstick is so moisturizing and soft. I can wear this color without makeup and it gives me a natural look. It also looks gorgeous when when I wear it with smokey eyes :) The packaging is beautiful and comes with a mirror on the top for easier application!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

Gotta agree with the other comments that this is a really beautiful lipstick! I have 4 other Rouge Voluptes and while I enjoy them all, the shades for this line are a little "off"...either too dark or waaay too light for me. I initially thought I hated this color, because I swatched it heavily on my wrist and it was very light, very peachy and very opaque; the kind of product that might give you clownish concealor lips. Once I tried it on my medium-rosy lips, it turned just the teensiest bit pinkish but still a warm, lovely soft peach overall. Absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Risa01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not normally a lipstick wearer, I am more off a lipgloss girl, but I adore these lipsticks. I own this one(#26) and #2. I don't like bright lips on myself, and unfortunately most of the shades in the formula are quite bright. This is THE perfect muted pinky/peach for my skintone, NC25-30, and the formula is to die for. I can see myself using this daily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick is like a more subtle version of YSL's rouge volupte in peach passion (#13). This is also a pinky peach, but more muted. It has the same great watermelon scent and creaminess of the other rouge voluptes. This may be my holy grail lipstick. I am an NC25, for reference.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No