Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Blusher - Berry Shimmer

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Nylon 12, Boron Nitrate, Zinc Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Kaolin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77492), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 28 Lake, Orange 5 Lake Cl 45370, Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

For reference I'm an NC35 or Nars Sheer Glow in Stromboli, olive skin tone with yellow undertones.

This blush is creamy,pigmented,shimmery (not disco ball shimmery), buttery, and oh-such a lovely color.

Very pigmented so use a light hand esspecially if you are a more fair skinned lad/lass. This is truly a stand out color to me; I was so afraid of this color in the pan thinking it would make my cheeks look to dark or muddy. This is a true to berry color, with warm undertones. I love wearing this with minimal eye makeup because it warms up the face so beautifully. The price point is great, the pigmentation is fantastic, and application is even and long wearing. Give it a try!

on 12/18/2012 1:21:00 AM

The jury is still out on this. I thought I would comment on my initial opinion. When I opened it I had a feeling it was going to be very pigmented. I usually don't buy such bright/dark colors. I just dabbed my brush into the pan and it picks up serious color! On my skin it's not very berry-ish. It's more coral. I'll have to wear it more to get a more detail review. I doubt I would repurchase...at least that's what I'm saying now. I am glad I bought it because I was curious about it and it looks nice on my skin but I could tell this is a blush that I will need a light hand with and lots and lots of blending! But that's not neccessarily a bad thing, if the end result makes my cheeks pretty. I'll be back....

UPDATE: I tried this blush again today and decided I really love this color on my skin. To apply it, I ever so lightly tap my brush into the pan and then lightly stipple the blush on my cheeks. Then with another brush I blend it in. This keeps it looking natural and very well blended. I'm so glad I tried this shade. I think it would look the best on brunettes/ black hair and dark eyes. It would probably be too much color for a fair blonde.

on 11/20/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When I first applied this blush, I thought it was too garish and red - but then I just realized that it's SUPER pigmented and you literally need to just touch your blush brush to the product for a nice flush.

I am so amazed with the finely milled texture and colour payoff of this blush. It looks even better when I have a tan. It's a coral-red blush with fine gold shimmer.

The brush that is included is absolute crap and immediately went into the garbage can. The packaging kind of sucks and I'm always nervous that I'm going to drop it while trying to open it. But the quality of this product (as well as many other Wet 'n' Wild products) is so impressive and better than most of my department store blushes. Wet 'n' Wild is definitely my favourite drugstore makeup brand.

on 11/10/2012 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Forget buying expensive blushes. This is super cheap & INCREDIBLY PIGMENTED. A little goes a long way! Don't heavily dip your brush in the pan because it's so pigmented you'll look like a clown. GET THIS IT'S WORTH IT.

on 9/16/2012 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this blush, I wish it wasn't so pigmented though, I've never used anything close to being as pigmented as this, just a little dab is all you'll need. This color gives my cheeks a nice flush, like I just came in from the cold (NC-15 for reference). It's gorgeous, has good staying power, and isn't too shimmery. I feel like this color would look good on many different skintones. I hate the packaging, and the blush easily breaks, so be gentle with this. I also have Pearlescent Pink blush by Wet N Wild which is another great blush (and somewhat of a dupe for Nars Orgasm, or Deep Throat.

on 9/14/2012 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is an awesome blush for WOC. Beautiful berry shade with gold shimmer. But be warned, this blush is highly pigmented. I use my MAC stipling brush to apply after just barely dabbing it in the blush pan.
Totally totally love it and it is the only berry blush i use now. So glad i discovered it here.

on 8/7/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I expected to like this product since i am NC 35 and this darker berry blush would be perfect for my skin tone.

I'm abit older; 35 but i do not have too many large pores yet.

The blush looks beautiful in the pan with slight gold shimmer. However, when i put it on my cheeks, i looked like i got socked in the cheeks; looked way too bruised red and tons of shimmer.

The shimmer settled into my pores and made it look bigger. I love the pearlescent pink blush that wet n' wild makes.

I also tried to lightly dab at the blush with my blush brush in order to lighten up the amount it picks up. But, it's very hard to make sure that you don't pick up too much.

The texture is so fragile that blush can break apart very easily. The packaging looks so cheap and if you drop it on the counter, it might break apart on you like it did for me.

Also, why do they have the blush name on the wrapper/sticker that you take off to unwrap the product? I'd like to remember the name of each blush that i own in case i want to buy more and not have to worry about it coming off with the wrapping.

Disappointed. Hard to wear. Pore-enlarging shimmer. Too fragile/soft. Horrible packaging.

on 6/28/2012 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I would LOVE this color if it didn't have the shimmer. The shimmer is not finely milled, so it looks huge and noticeable on my face.

They also NEED to change the packaging, my blush crumbled the other day. I'm trying to find a container to put it in.

on 6/10/2012 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

This is my HG blush! The first blush I ever owned was a Rimmel berry colour with the lightest shimmer, and i used that till I hit pan and basically it was empty.. But because I had worn off the label/they stopped making that kind, I could never find it again! I bought this on a whim and the colour/packaging looked unimpressive in the store, but it was cheap.

This blush applies beautifully, there is a really delicate gold shimmer that doesn't have huge flecks of glitter and isn't unflattering. SUPER PIGMENTED so apply with a light hand, or you'll look like a clown. I use this for everyday or apply more heavily for night time - its my summer blush, for winter I use something more matte and toned down.

I've swatched many NARS colours and I would still prefer this - an almost perfect blush for WOC or olive undertone skin. Only complaint is the packaging sucks and I'm still figuring out how to 'depot' stuff... The brush it came with (long since lost) is huge and takes up tons of space.. wish they made this with just a square of blush and a plastic lid!

Will DEF buy again!!

on 5/30/2012 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OMG, I love this blush. I went to NYC not too long ago and came across this blush for only $2.00... nothing is THAT cheap in Canada -.- I looked for the darkest color, given my medium skin, (most companies only cater to lighter people) and I bought it. I regret not buying every color. The blush is SOOOO pigmented that the lightest pink would've shown on my skin anyways. I believe that it looks good on any skin tone, as i tried it on my asian friend. I love it, and wish they sold more of this company in Canada. boo hoo :( The only thing that I would recommend for good blend ability is a GOOD blush brush... which is vital for any makeup collection. The blush will look perfect with a Kabuki Applicator. LOVE!

Popular Blush Products