August 27, 2014 | 1734 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Daily Brush Cleaner

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is my first, perhaps last brush cleaner I'll ever purchase.
First off, I don't find it a task to shampoo my brush after every use, especially the foundation & concealer brushes.
Secondly, I put rubbing alcohol, which still has 30% water in a spray bottle and use it as a quickie if I tend to be lazy. If you find the concentration is still too high, mix it with a bit more water. It does the job beautifully.
This product is not more superior than the rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, except for its gawd-awful scent, it just fills up my bathroom like an air freshener but smells like a cheap $ store hair spray.
Why bother.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had two bottles of this and the spray function didn't work on either. You'd need a lot of work for this to clean your brushes. Performs at about 10% of the standard of the mac brush cleaner.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by cosmic23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You really can't beat this at $3 for a light brush cleaning spray. I use this everyone on my eyeliner brush to remove the gunk that would otherwise dry on the brush. I used to swipe it clean on a dry tissue but that would shorten the longevity of the brush by messing up the bristles. This brush cleaner helped a lot with that, not to mention that it disinfects it after every use. I don't think this is meant to clean tougher to remove makeup such as foundation brush and such, I imagine you would have to use a lot of product so it's probably best to use this one small brushes like e/s, lip or eyeliners. Since I mainly use this on one brush, one bottle actually lasts me quite a while I want to about 9 months give or take. The scent could be a bit tamer but I try not to breathe it in with every spray. Try it for yourself, it's only $3 at Target!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by ichig021

I honestly somewhat liked this product and thought it actually worked, until today. My initial opinion of this product was that it smelled very, very bad but thought that it must work if it reeked that much of alcohol. So months went by and here I am on my fourth bottle of this stuff (this thing runs out quick and isn't exactly cheap for the amount you get).

Now, why don't I like this product anymore? I was able to try out a different daily brush cleaner today and after seeing just how much foundation and concealer this different brand was able to take off with just one spray... was amazing. Perhaps the ELF Daily Brush Cleaner is good for really, really, really LIGHT daily cleaning, but if you want something that cleans off heavy foundation/concealer/powder then this one is no good. I see now that this product cleans off absolutely NOTHING for me and not to mention - this product leaks like crazy!! Will not be repurchasing this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by pgherin

I really like this product. Heck for $3.00 I love it. I use it daily to clean my Clarisonic. A lot of people are put off by the smell but I don't mind it all. It isn't awful. I really appreciate it coming in a spray packing because two pumps doesn't waste half as much product as the brush cleaners I poor. It is a daily cleanser so once a week I do a full cleaning on my makeup brushes. I really love this product and recommend it as a quick clean solution.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by BDfangirl

For the price, this is a nice daily cleanser. I find it works best on brushes that have been used to apply powder product (eyeshadows, blush) to keep the colors from mixing and muddying each other. It's not a good cleanser for brushes used with creme products but since no daily cleanser will work on those, I think that's an unfair requirement. As it is, nothing to rave about but if you like to switch eyeshadows and don't have a lot of makeup brushes, it's a nice option.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by product_junkie6

This stuff smells terrible and doesn't work as well as other brush cleaners.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by ladybubblepop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though it's a great price for the packaging its an absolute waste of money! The product does nothing. I need over 6 pumps to wipe my brush clean and again it doesn't clean it well. my advice is forget it and try something else. this is almost like just water or maybe water is better than this. Don't waster your money on this crap!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, so much so that I keep backups all the time. I use it daily. It's a great brush cleaner, and I like that it sanitizes the brushes as it cleans. The packaging looks nice too, if you're into that. I know a lot of people dislike the scent of this spray, but I personally like it. I don't find it too strong, but I'm not too sensitive to fragrances. It leaves a nice light scent on the brushes too, that you can smell when you use them again. It's definitely not overpowering for me. it's a fresh, sort of floral-y smell. The scent is actually one of the things I like most about it! You can't go wrong with the price, and it does its job perfectly. 2 sprays, wipe on a towel, and done. Clean brushes! I still shampoo and "deep clean" all my brushes ever couple of weeks, but this is great for daily in-between cleaning. It works well on most products for me, even cream shadows, but not for gel or cream eyeliners. Those brushes I clean with a shampoo. Anything else, this spray does the job.
Edit:It's now several months later and I've noticed they decreased the size of the bottle SIGNIFICANTLY. It is now 2oz where it was 8oz. It's still the same price. :( For this reason I won't be buying it any more. That's a ridiculous price jump and I don't think that's cool. :( Took off 2 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this a couple of months ago at Target. The product being sold there was in a much smaller bottle (2 oz).

I only use the ELF Brush Cleaner to spot clean brushes used to apply *powder* products, immediately after use. For that it works very well. Brushes I've used to apply cream/liquid makeup are cleaned with a bit of baby shampoo and water after each use. I find that faster, easier, and much less expensive than using the ELF Brush Cleaner for those, because the brushes I use to apply cream/liquid products are *very* dense, and I'd have to use a lot of Brush Cleaner and do a lot of wiping to get the product out of the bristles.

In my experience, using the ELF Brush Cleaner on the brushes I've used to apply powder products, and using baby shampoo + water on the brushes used to apply cream/liquid products, removes about 90% of the product from the bristles.

Once a week I "deep clean" ALL of my brushes to ensure I've gotten out every bit of makeup residue (using Coastal Scent's Brush Purifier).

I also have not experienced any leaking of the product from the container, but the size of the product I bought is considerably smaller than what has been purchased by others online through ELF.

Insofar as any odor....most makeup products do have some chemicals in them, so I expect them to have a chemical odor and it doesn't bother me. I don't notice any odor from the ELF Brush Cleaner that's any better or worse than many other beauty products I use.