October 21, 2014 | 1615 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Daily Brush Cleaner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

When you compare this product to another brush cleaner, remember that this product is a fraction of the price of other brands.
You get MORE than what you paid for.
I've always used sephora's daily brush cleaner and bought this just to try it out.
I actually really like it.
I didn't even notice the scent until I read the reviews. It's not noticeable so it doesn't bother me at all.
It gets the job done and removes all of the makeup on my brushes. My brushes also get really stiff because I dip my brushes into ELF's makeup lock and seal. It removes that completely as well.
After I use this brush cleaner, I like to spritz a little bit of water onto a paper towel (or just a wet paper towel) and clean off any solution that may be left behind on the brush. It is, after all, 3 bucks so the quality of the ingredients is lower. I always make sure my brushes are clean from the solution before they touch my skin again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by mellifera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I'm on my third bottle of this cleaner. I switched to this after running out of Sephora's Daily Cleaner and haven't looked back. It lets me go a week or two between cleaning my powder and eyeshadow brushes. That said this won't get anything you used on creme eyeshadows or liquid foundation clean, but then, that's not what it's for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to say first it's not a brush cleanser. It is meant to be used in between colours so you don't need to use a new brush. It's supposed to help you maintain your brushes until you wash them. This in no way cleans your brushes and it say's it's not a cleaner just something to use to keep your brushes clean between colours. Giving this a negative review isn't fair because it's not a cleanser! When you read the instructions it says to be used in between washings.

I also like the smell and for 3$ it's a good deal. People always seem to be extra critical of lower priced products well what did you expect it's 3 bucks not 30$ so don't expect 30$ results from a 3$ product it's unfair to say the least. I find people to be so forgiving if something HE doesn't work but something that costs a lot less people are like omg it's junk. Bet they wouldn't say it about their MAC brush cleaner if it didn't do the job. Such a lame double standard!

I buy HE and DS products and review them fairly because not everyone can buy a super expensive product and for the price to keep my brushes decent in between washings it works great. Just spray and wipe your brush on a gentle cloth and you'll see most of the colour is removed. I used it with my small stipple brush after cream blush and it worked beautifully and in my opinion it smells nice and clean. I like it and recommend it to keep your brushes in good shape between washings.

Nothing substitutes washing your brushes but if you use a lot of eye colours like me it's excellent because I can go to one bright colour to the next without the colours mixing, and coming out wrong on my eyes. That is worth 3$ to me and I will repurchase because of that. Also like I said for 3$ what do you have to loose.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by FarAwayGalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

First off I don't know what everyone else is talking about, I absolutely LOVE the scent! I can't stop sniffing my brushes after spraying them! Heck, I'd buy it Even if it didn't work at all to use as just a fragrance for my brushes! For 3 bucks my brushes are cleaner & refreshed. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is my first, perhaps last brush cleaner I'll ever purchase.
First off, I don't find it a task to shampoo my brush after every use, especially the foundation & concealer brushes.
Secondly, I put rubbing alcohol, which still has 30% water in a spray bottle and use it as a quickie if I tend to be lazy. If you find the concentration is still too high, mix it with a bit more water. It does the job beautifully.
This product is not more superior than the rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, except for its gawd-awful scent, it just fills up my bathroom like an air freshener but smells like a cheap $ store hair spray.
Why bother.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had two bottles of this and the spray function didn't work on either. You'd need a lot of work for this to clean your brushes. Performs at about 10% of the standard of the mac brush cleaner.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by cosmic23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You really can't beat this at $3 for a light brush cleaning spray. I use this everyone on my eyeliner brush to remove the gunk that would otherwise dry on the brush. I used to swipe it clean on a dry tissue but that would shorten the longevity of the brush by messing up the bristles. This brush cleaner helped a lot with that, not to mention that it disinfects it after every use. I don't think this is meant to clean tougher to remove makeup such as foundation brush and such, I imagine you would have to use a lot of product so it's probably best to use this one small brushes like e/s, lip or eyeliners. Since I mainly use this on one brush, one bottle actually lasts me quite a while I want to about 9 months give or take. The scent could be a bit tamer but I try not to breathe it in with every spray. Try it for yourself, it's only $3 at Target!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by ichig021

I honestly somewhat liked this product and thought it actually worked, until today. My initial opinion of this product was that it smelled very, very bad but thought that it must work if it reeked that much of alcohol. So months went by and here I am on my fourth bottle of this stuff (this thing runs out quick and isn't exactly cheap for the amount you get).

Now, why don't I like this product anymore? I was able to try out a different daily brush cleaner today and after seeing just how much foundation and concealer this different brand was able to take off with just one spray... was amazing. Perhaps the ELF Daily Brush Cleaner is good for really, really, really LIGHT daily cleaning, but if you want something that cleans off heavy foundation/concealer/powder then this one is no good. I see now that this product cleans off absolutely NOTHING for me and not to mention - this product leaks like crazy!! Will not be repurchasing this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by pgherin

I really like this product. Heck for $3.00 I love it. I use it daily to clean my Clarisonic. A lot of people are put off by the smell but I don't mind it all. It isn't awful. I really appreciate it coming in a spray packing because two pumps doesn't waste half as much product as the brush cleaners I poor. It is a daily cleanser so once a week I do a full cleaning on my makeup brushes. I really love this product and recommend it as a quick clean solution.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by BDfangirl

For the price, this is a nice daily cleanser. I find it works best on brushes that have been used to apply powder product (eyeshadows, blush) to keep the colors from mixing and muddying each other. It's not a good cleanser for brushes used with creme products but since no daily cleanser will work on those, I think that's an unfair requirement. As it is, nothing to rave about but if you like to switch eyeshadows and don't have a lot of makeup brushes, it's a nice option.