October 20, 2014 | 1822 users online

Loose Powders - Urban Decay - Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by spoofles

I really like this powder. I usually don't wear powder because I am in my late 40's and don't want to emphasize fine lines or wrinkles more than necessary. This powder does blur my pores and gives my skin a more flawless look without looking dry or powdery. I have used Bare Minerals for some time, but it has begun to make my skin look really dry. The color the MUA picked for me at the urban decay counter works well for me. I am curious how this will hold up and wear as the weather gets hotter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by effstar

Great powder, awful packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by acrobats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great finishing powder!! A tip for those looking to alter the packaging, because I didn't see any specifics here already: tap all the powder back into the container. gently pull the sponge off of the soft plastic, it comes off in parts, and then you will be able to gently pull out of the holes of the hard container the soft plastic that attaches the sponge. now you have a bigger opening you can use to tap out loose powder into the cap and apply with a brush. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by lovelylemons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay first of all, I LOVE YOU URBAN DECAY. I find it is pretty much impossible to go wrong with anything they make, other than this one really loose black eyeshadow thing I had from them once, which just ended up going all over my face every time I tried to use it and made me look like a coal miner... but anyway, I digress.

This is the best powder I have ever used. It basically looks like you're not wearing any powder, which is just amazing and wonderful and the best thing in the world.

The only downside is, as everyone else has mentioned, the bizarre applicator that it comes in. I'm not slating it, I just genuinely don't know how to use it. I've tried turning the 'open' dial, turning it upside down, tapping it a bit... and whether the product comes out or not is sort of pot luck. If you're going to take the lid right off I would be EXTREMELY careful as you are likely to unleash a whirlwind of face dust which will go all over your clothes and hair and in your keyboard. This stuff is so fine, it is almost a vapour (which I think is awesome) but it also kind of volatile. So, use with caution, I would say.

Other than that, this powder blows my mind. FIVE LIPPIES.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by akharri785

I was a little leery of this finishing powder at first but have really grown to like it. I usually don't like loose powders but find that loose finishing powders are what work best for me when setting my makeup so I was really drawn to this with its particular promises. I like this setting powder because it is finely milled and truly does blur away my fine lines and minor imperfections. It can be scary at first because it does apply a little white and ghostly, but going over it with a nice, fluffy powder brush clears that up. As others have mentioned, the only downside is the applicator. Not to sound like a turd, but it's honestly the dumbest thing I've ever seen... it seriously sucks. I have not read one review on here or other sites that thought the attached-puff applicator was a good idea. Sorry for my rant but I really hate the puff, haha.
In the end though, I really love this and believe it gives a smooth, almost air-brushed finish if applied correctly (with a quality powder brush). It's not going to cover up a honking, mountain of a zit but it will definitely help with your typical imperfections. I also think it helps with oil control, another plus! Oh, and it may look like there's not a lot in the container but I promise this baby will last you a longgg time!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by puttay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG. Best setting powder I have ever tried :D

I bought this because my usual mattifying powder was out of stock, so I bought this in stead!

And I am so happy I did !!!!!!!!!

The powder is so fine, it makes your skin feel like silk and it is so light !

I have never had a powder that make my skin look so good. It keeps my face matte all day long (I wear MUFE mat velvet underneath, which on its own make my skin shiny after about 4-6 hours).

It also doesn't clog pores, look chalky or smell.

I think it looks very natural, and you can barely see it on the skin, it just make you look mat and healthy! and your skin feels so soft!

The only CON I can think of is the packaging, the sponge/puff applicator is worthless and a waste of space - it gets dirty quickly and does not apply well. (use a powder brush instead)

If you don't use the puff applicator you are left with one option: Taking of the lid - but that is sometimes messy as it is easy for the powder to get everywhere. - A disgrace to such a fine product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while back and am now on my second jar. I really like the fine powder and it glides over my skin easily. It also sets my foundation well and feels amazingly light.

The packaging however, I do not like. It has a puff on it and I seldom use it, therefore its a waste of space that could potentially have more substance for the price I pay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Would have given this one a 5 if it were not for the weird attached puff thingy on top that makes application a nightmare!

I LOVE the powder - it sets my foundation and my t zone does not get oily the whole day - even in swampy Arizona summers!

I got a sample of this in the urban bride kit and wish i could say i would re-purchase this but until they fix the awkward container or i figure out a way to open it and remove the puff i won't be buying another.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by eshclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Even though I love this powder, I don't think I'd be repurchasing again.

The powder works wonders, it gives me a nice finish and handles the oiliness that occurs in my t-zone by the end of the day. However, I have extremely dry skin so if I use this powder my face cakes up and my dry spots are accentuated. At this point I really don't need a powder. Also, the packaging is extremely messy. The puff doesn't work for me, and the powder somehow manages to leak no matter how tight I try to close the lid.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kristiwashere

I have the sample size of this from the Urban Bride kit. I do like this powder, it helps set my makeup (I use it over MUFE HD foundation) it keeps my face fairly matte all day long (as much as possible in Florida humidity) and overall is a nice product.

What do I hate? The stupid applicator brush. Of course the sample size comes with the same one that people complain about on the full size. I find it impossible to pull the entire top off to get to the powder by itself (maybe because I'm afraid of wrecking my nails doing so) so I usually click it to "Open" and dot the applicator on my face, then use a brush to spread it and also dab the brush ON the applicator to pick up some powder. But the applicator just wastes so much product - it doesn't seem to apply a lot to your face, but if you tap it at all you can see powder flying everywhere. It's annoying.. also, the powder kind of smells gross but I think most powders probably do so that's not a big deal.