Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter

4.4

aqua (water), caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearic acid (vegetable source), glycerin (vegetable source), fragrance (Pacifica’s own perfume blend with natural and essential oils), carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, glyceryl stearate (vegetable source), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, stearyl alcohol (grain), polysorbate 60, mango butter, prunus amygdalus dulcis (almond) seed oil, rosa canina (rose hip) seed oil, organic aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, organic cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, organic arnica montana flower extract, organic chamomile flower extract, organic white tea extract, anacyclus, pyrethrum root extract, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium carbomer, citric acid, betacarotene.

on 3/22/2013 4:14:00 PM

This is an outstanding lotion! It's so moisturizing, and is especially perfect for my dry winter hands. It does feel a bit greasy when you first put it on, but that goes away quickly. I put it on when I go to bed, so my hands feel amazing in the morning. I didn't get to choose the scent I got though, since I received the lotion in my Ipsy Glam Bag, so I'm not a big fan of the orange scent.

on 3/19/2013 7:10:00 PM

I'm not a fragrance-loving type of gal. Many times I avoid fragrances because they give me a headache, but this scent is heavenly if you like fruity or citrus scents... it does smell sweet as well though. The scent is not long-lasting, which is a plus for me, but I can certainly understand how it could be a bummer for some. Pacifica describes it as "blend, juicy and spicy Blood Orange is offset with subtle Strawberry and Raspberry notes and grounded in fleshy Mandarin and Italian Sweet Orange." I think that's an accurate description; although, it kind of smells like mango to me too. It has vitamin e, kukui nut, macadamia nut and rosehip seed oils combined with shea and mango butters, which is plenty moisturizing for my skin, but I don't have particularly dry skin due to living in a warm, humid climate, so I can't say whether it would be moisturizing enough for severely dry skin. As long as I don't use too much, it soaks in quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue. I purchased the 8 oz tube from Target for $14.99. Loooove it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Received this item in my Ipsy bag and I am absolutely in love with it!! The best thing I've received from Ipsy so far (even better than the Josie Maran argan oil)! The citrus scent is delicious and not overpowering at all. It really does smell like fresh zesty oranges and not candy! I use this cream as a hand cream and it leaves my hands soft without feeling greasy. As a body butter, it absorbs quickly as well without leaving behind any sticky film or residue. I will gladly purchase the full size once I'm done and would definitely wouldn't mind trying out Pacifica's other scents!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells good enough to eat! It absorbs quickly and isn't sticky at all. I love how smooth and hydrating it feels on my skin. The fragrance is overwhelming sometimes and lingers for a while, but its something I've learned to get used to.

on 3/3/2013 11:31:00 PM

I loooove the scent of this!!! It smells so pretty, sweet, fresh, and fruity without being cloying. I forgot that the fragrance has no staying power though, which is why I give this a "3" overall. It's a little expensive but regardless I would repurchase because I am such a sucker for this scent. The body butter is okay, it's not too greasy which I appreciate. However, it could be a bit more moisturizing.

I just wish their product fragrances had more staying power to make the price more worth it. I love orange scents as long as they don't smell like creamsicle... (Yummy to eat but kind of sickening to wear all day), and this one is nice. It smells of oranges, raspberries, and a bit of strawberry. I don't smell much strawberry in it though. Once it dries way down, it smells almost like a faint, frutiy floral.

Still would repurchase.

on 1/23/2013 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received a 2.5 oz size in my ipsy bag, and I can without a doubt say that I would absolutely purchase a full size after this once is gone. It smells sooo good, a sharp zesty orange that is not at all cloying. It is really great. The product itself moisturizes nicely too. I use mine as hand cream. It absorbs without being greasy and leaves no greasiness or stickiness behind. I love it. The packaging is quite elegant as well. Superb product!

on 1/20/2013 11:37:00 AM

I received this in my Ipsy bag this month. It is a generous sample size. As with most other Pacifica products I've tried, the fragrance is authentic and is pretty true to the name. This is a nice, clean citrus smell and the consistency of the cream is nice too. It moisturizes nicely too.

on 1/20/2013 3:50:00 AM

Eh, this was the definition of average. I got it in the January Glam-Bag from ipsy, and I LOOOOOVED the scent.
It is a white product, that is very whipped and mousse-y feeling. It moisturized my arms and legs okay, but it wasn't anything extremely rich, and so I had to layer it. The scent didn't stay, either, and so I'd say it was an average product. It's definitely not anything special, so it's not worth repurchasing.

on 1/17/2013 1:45:00 AM

I got a generous sample (2.5oz) from Ipsy yesterday, and I'm absolutely intoxicated by the scent. I don't like a lot of scented body butters, lotions, and bath gels, because the fragrances just don't do it for me, but this is glorious. There aren't many orange scents out there, which is too bad because I love them. Oddly enough, I like that a lot of them smell like orange Starbursts or Skittles, and that's true of Pacifica's Tuscan Blood Orange. Although this does have more of a fresh, natural undercurrent than any other I've ever smelled. Mind you, I've never smelled a real blood orange. I read on the Pacifica website that this includes strawberry and raspberry notes and thought: aha! That's what I smell!

I like when body butters come in tubes because I don't care for sticking my fingers in jars. It always gets right under my fingernails when I scoop it out, and I always wind up getting some little hair or something in the jar and it looks gross. This is very emollient without being too thick. When creams are so thick you can't spread them, you wind up using a lot of product. With the consistency of this cream, I think it's a fair price because although it's thick you can still spread it out well and don't have to keep going back again and again.

I also like that it's vegan, not tested on animals, and a portion of the proceeds supports clean water. I'm not vegan, but I do my best to buy products not tested on animals. And I'm not a huge environmentalist, but when part of my money goes towards and good cause it makes me feel better about spending more. Will definitely be buying this again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was incredibly happy to find this half-price at TJ Maxx. :D

The scent dries down to a linear orange, which I'm absolutely fine with, and moisturizes well- I never expected it wouldn't, though. Pacifica generally delivers.
I think these tubes are a little pricey compared to other moisturizers that I've bought previously, but I'd pay extra for their great scents (and I have). I took off a point for packaging just because I personally prefer jars/tubs because I feel like I can get every last drop out of it. c:
That's mostly what I have to say about this- very moisturizing, lasting scent, doesn't feel slippery, etc.