September 23, 2014 | 2031 users online

Pressed Powders - L.A. Colors - Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Mford11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros
-cheap
-pretty good coverage

Cons
-has a weird perfume smell
-dried up and has a weird texture
-doesn't pick up a lot of product with a brush, you have to use a sponge
-not a lot of color choices

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Rikki1290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot tell you how much I adore this product. It is only $1 and it is comparable to much more expensive powders. I have fair skin and my cheek are naturally really red and blotchy and this evens them out so nicely. I wear this alone and it looks wonderful! It is really finely milled and I would highly suggest going and getting this at your local dollar store. I have been using this in the shade nude during the winter and the shade beige in the summer and I always go back for more! It is definitely a must have :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by bananasx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this powder at a local dollar store for $3.99 after reading reviews on here.
I am a powder junkie... I have a lot! I love the matte face look and that's what I was looking forward to when I use this.
I swatched the powder and it felt really smooth and buttery.... Like high quality stuff. Others have said this has been comparable to mac. I think so too.
It holds your oil in through the day, so you look shine free! I really like it. The new packaging has a half moon window so you can see the powder and there is a mirror inside with a sponge.
FOR REFERANCE I got the shade beige. It is not TOO pink or TOO yellow. Leaned more to the yellow beige side though.
I will repurchase because I love how this is an affordable, underdog product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LA Colors is not a brand that I would ever look at if it weren't for MUA, I'm always looking for pressed powder so after seeing the reviews for this - I had to try it. I have the shade Beige, purchased at Dollar Tree for $1.

Applied first thing in the morning on top of my TM - this powder lasted all day, no touch ups! The color match was close enough (AAB w/ fair skin). There was decent coverage and the texture worked on my skin. The sponge that it comes with feels like TP, the compact is cheap and no one is going to envy you for using LA Colors BUT who cares! Seriously, I've paid much, much more and got less in return! I'm definately re-purchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by lolipopcandie123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

so last night i was in family dollar, when my friend pointed out that we looked like crap. neither of us were wearing makeup, sooo we decicded to do a little haul :) i didnt want to get the l.a. colors liquid makeup, because i had a bad experience with it before sooo i just got the powder. im not a fan of just wearing powders, cuz i have hyperpigmentation on my face and normally powder alone doesnt cover it. in the disgusting bathroom at family dollar, (yes the bathroom at family dollar, cuz we didnt have time to go to my house and do our makeup, we were waiting for a ride that was five minutes away) i put this powder on and it and it blended pretty well with my discolored skintone. i got this in tan btw. my skin looked so smooth and pretty. i think this did a pretty well job of soaking up oil, not that my skin is oily but i had been out in the heat all day sweating. anyway, i normally touch up my powder a couple times a night and each time i went to touch it up it still looked smooth and flawless. i was wasted, but im pretty sure it looked flawless all night. some time during the night i ended up getting my face wet, so the powder came off. this mmorning i had some errands to run before everything closed so i just put this back on. oh btw, running errands hungover isnt fun. this has lasted me all day and still looks good ;) i also got la colors eyebrow pencils, those are great too and didnt smear all night.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by didicrump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this powder in 'Tan' (my current shade) & 'Beige' (my winter shade). I used to hate this product so much for some reason I cant even remember, but I love it now. I prefer it over my Maybelline Fit Me powder most days. I dont like the packaging though. The hinges broke on mine so I had to tape the two pieces back together lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, because of the good reviews, but it doesn't control my oil as well as I wanted it to. The packaging is alright, nothing special. This just didn't live up to my expectations. :(
EDIT: After using this for a little longer, I've discovered that this pressed powder is great! I think I must've been sweating profusely, or expecting a miracle mattifier when I wrote my old review. It doesn't keep me completely matte all day, but it gives me some coverage and keeps me from looking like a complete mess at the end of the day. I only don't like the packaging, since it's so cheap. But everything else is good. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this powder in 'Fair'. Unfortunately I can't use this as I would a regular powder, it's just too dark for my pale skin (think Revlon Colorstay Ivory). However it works great as a bronzer or a nudey blush. For such a cheap product it's surprisingly fine milled. I've come across worse in more expensive brands. So if you're medium toned and up then I'd recommend this - seriously, don't sleep on L.A Colors pressed powder! For such a low price you don't have much to lose. I just wish they did a lighter shade that I could use all-over my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by stephania88

Do I keep this hidden? YES
But it is one of THE best powders I have ever used.
I used Nude to set my concealer and Tan all over my face to set my foundation (Estee Lauder DWL or Clinique superfit) and my face looks flawless all day long.
For reference: NC37
DWL #3-#4

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by hMFdeeezy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Call me crazy, but I love this product! I was looking for a dupe for Mac MSF natural and came across a review on youtube that was raving about this as a dupe! Its soo silky and doesn't make me break out! I mix two of the lightest colors and it gives such a nice finish! Not cakey at all! Its seriously a diamond sitting on the dollar store shelf lol