October 22, 2014 | 1796 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Bryana023

I was surprised by the quality of this mascara. I'm not a mascara fiend, so I just got a cheap tube of something to satisfy my makeup craving. I chose the Mineral Infused mascara because it reminded me of Physician's Formula at a fraction of the price (I got it at Wal-Mart for $3). The night I got it I applied a few swipes to see how well it would wash off. It dried quickly and crumbled when I removed it with jojoba oil, but washed off without smears or residue with my regular facial cleanser.

The following morning I applied again to see how it would wear all day. It has been awesome! I have oily skin, so eyelier and eyeshadow typically wear off after only a couple hours. This stuff hasn't moved! There are no flakes around my eyes, no smudges or raccoon marks, and no clumping. The durability has been better than my Maybelline Great Lash or Physician's Formula Jumbo Lash trials.

I'm giving it 4 out of 5 stars because the packaging could be better, along with the potency of the formula. The wand is narrow with short plastic bristles, so don't expect much "grip" on your lashes, or volume. The stem connecting the head to the twist-cap also feels flimsy, making it difficult to "swirl" it around the bottom of the bottle (to avoid the pumping motion that actualy puts air in the tube and dries out the product). Finally, the product itself isn't very luxurious. It's kind of dry, and is better at coating the lashes than defining/volumizing them. I had to use two or three layers to get the desired effect.

This mascara is great for those wanting just a little "oomph" at a low price. I didn't want too much volumizing or defining power, so this is great for me. The lasting power alone, without it being modified "waterproof" or anything, would make me purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by stjustice

This a pretty good mascara. It gives you more natural looking lashes. You probably shouldn't buy this if you want a lot of volume and length. This doesn't layer well after three coats it starts clumping. This is pretty good for an every day look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Naeiii

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent everyday mascara at a very good price.
It provides natural looking length, darkening and definition. If you are looking for dramatic volume and blackness, this will NOT do.

The wand is decent sized -thick but not unwieldly on smaller eyes- and very flexible. The end is tapered for corner application.

The formula is buildable and slightly waxy. It reminds me of cake mascaras that came in pots and were applied with lash brushes. So wait for it to set before touching or lashes will stick in the direction you pushed them.

NOT super long wearing but VERY easy to remove.
If you are looking for an everyday, non-glamourous mascara, you can't beat the baragin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, hello there wonderful. I'm glad I found you!
For $3, you really can't beat this little gem. Plain and boring matte black packaging belies the awesomeness of this wonderful little wand and better than decent formula. Rigid plastic bristles combined with a narrow neck ensure the perfect amount for each application - no clumping, no excess, no smearing, just clearly defined, natural looking fluttery lashes. And it holds a curl OK, which is a definite A+ in my book.
So this won't give you dramatic black, false lash effects. It's not terribly volumizing and isn't the blackest black ever but it lengthens and defines beautifully and lasts all day on me without flaking or smudging. It's great for everyday, dried quickly and is insanely cheap.
You don't have to spend ages getting excess mascara off the brush or combing through your lashes after applying to get rid of clumps - it's pretty much swipe and go, which I love.
Will definitely be buying this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my search for a less toxic mascara, I gave this a shot. The price is awesome, but that's about it. It took 6 coats to build any visible length or volume (which wasn't a whole lot), was crunchy looking, and smudged a lot by midday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

I absolutely love this mascara. For would lashes like mine this works amazing. It gives me length. Does not clump and it feels so light on my lashes, plus it lasts all day. This is HG quality. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my absolute HG mascara and I cant imagine finding a better vegan mascara than this one. It is only three dollars but I would pay much more for it if I had to. It applies beautifully and you are able to multiple coats on with out any clumping. It curls, thickens and lengthens wonderfully. This does not irritate my eyes at all nor does it ever flake off or smudge. I also really like that I can remove it easily with my basic face wash because when mascaras are difficult to remove it is easy to damage your eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ladykay09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been having trouble finding a good mascara for awhile now. Thank goodness I took a trip to Target and pick this mascara up. I really like it. it combs thru the lashes and doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The price can't be beat! I was skeptical at first because most of the ELF mascaras I've tried were disappointing but I saw both on MUA and on the ELF website this had high reviews. I love my Benefit "They're Real" Mascara but it's way too expensive here, at $30 I cannot afford it all the time. This is an adequate substitute, the brushes are similar in the sense there's spikes (although no precision tip on the end like Benefit's so you can do lower lashes) but it works! It definitely lengthens and does not clump whatsoever.

This will be a staple in my makeup bag. Super affordable and performs as well as a higher-end product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a surprisingly impressive mascara. The brush is plastic, which I don't usually like, but it's long and slender (narrowing toward the end), has a bit of flex to it and the bristles are spaced just so that it banishes clumps wonderfully! I can get every lash with this brush and build and build and build the mascara without my lashes flaking together or having ugly little crumbs form. It definitely beats CG Clump Crusher in that category of...clump crushability.

The mascara formula itself at first doesn't seem like anything amazing but when you build up 2 or 3 coats with the brush, it really works well. Adds lots of volume, a decent amount of length and holds curl pretty nicely too. It's regular "black" - not glossy black or super dark or charcoal - with very good pigmentation (using a white primer doesn't make it go gray). Formula has a texture that isn't dry or wet, but just right, Goldilocks.

Lasts great throughout the day with no flaking, smudging, running or fading. Not difficult to remove (not waterproof, thank God). The only minor quibble I have with this is that it doesn't come off cleanly, but with lots of little crumbs.