Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder - Shine Control

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, PTFE, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon-12, Water/Aqua, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Epilobium Fleischeri Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Argania Spinosa Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfate. ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

on 6/27/2012 2:58:00 PM

I got this a couple of weeks ago when I was intent to just do "concealer" and "powder", as my skin is getting fairly clear.

I haven't used it for a while but returned to it for the last few days. It caused me immediate mild breakouts, where I was getting small white block pores in areas where I don't normally/ever break out. On the second day it started to really irritate my skin. It did however keep the shine at bay, so if your skin can tolerate it great!

I read on another site that one of its ingredients is comedogenic; Ethelhexyl palmitate?

on 6/3/2012 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is THE BEST powder for oil and shine touch-ups during the day. I really like the MUFE translucent powder as well, but sometimes, all you have is 3 seconds to touch up your face and carrying translucent powder around is not the most practical strategy. Don't let the green color throw you off; however, don't use too much of it because it WILL look unnatural. The powder absorbs any oil immediately and gives you face a matte finish. I sometimes use it to set my foundation. My skin is not really that oily, but I find that this prevents any shine throughout the day. Simply amazing product. Can't live without it.

on 3/8/2012 12:19:00 AM

The only setting powder that does that it's supposed to! Well, it's the only one i've used that sets your foundation and keeps you matte for more than a couple hours. It's pretty hefty of a price, but you pay for what you get. I got this upon recommendation from a friend who cheers all day, sometimes for three games. That sold it for me, when you can sweat all day and still swear by a product. (: The sponge is great, it has two sides, one for blotting and the other side a bit denser for if you really want to splatter the powder all over. I have oily skin, and i usually set this after foundation in the morning, sometimes again later in the day. It doesn't make me look cakey, it's fine powder. The green color does look weird at first, and it doesn't really correct any redness, the powder just goes on translucent. The compact is very sleek. No regrets!

on 3/6/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

laura mercier is one of my fav brands but this power was super disappointing.

i found the powder to be too cakey/talc-like and the sponge applicator terrible because it picks up so much and turns you into a powdered corpse if you don't use a brush.

on 2/28/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

been using this for a while now- hit the pan. but when i use this i have to reapply constantly. i will agree with others and say that it does not cake...but it also doesnt control anything. so i will not repurchase. nothing compares to MAC blot powder.

on 9/25/2011 12:26:00 PM

This stuff is AMAZING! During the day my t-zone gets oily and my foundation tends to lift off of my skin. Not a pretty sight! I put this on just across my forehead, nose, chin, and under my eyes and my face stays matte. Not a mask-like matte, just oil-free. This sets my makeup perfectly and I haven't found the need to touch up.

on 8/14/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is the first pressed powder I have bought and used. Normally I just wear Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer in matt. But I really needed something to prevent the oiliness from creeping onto my forehead and nose area during the day/night. This seems to do the trick. It goes on beautifully as a base, leaving no white cast. I did read the reviews and was confused about the "green tint" comments. It seemed white/translucent to me. But then I read the ingredients and saw "chromium oxide greens" listed. Next time I looked at it I did see it had a slight green tint. This is great for me, as I have mild rosacea and get red across my nose and cheeks. Occasionally for a night out I wear foundation in this area and this pressed powder seals it in and finishes off my look flawlessly. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts. And my bronzer goes on smoothly after. Overall, I'm loving it and would repurchase. It gives a soft effect on the skin, controls shine, and creates a smooth base for bronzer or whatever you personally would apply after. I use a large powder brush to apply it, not the sponge it comes with. I highly recommend giving it a try.

on 8/6/2011 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Out of all the Laura Mercier powders this is the best. Hand down. I absolutely love the soft focus effect and I don't know how it does it, but it does! I apply it on my nose and the pose just vanish, I'm still in all and I carry wherever I go.

I have dark skin and I was afraid that if I used it wouldn't look right on me. But it really does providing that you don't use the sponge they give you. It's very cheap and they recommend that you use the flocked (suede) side for a light touch or the sponge side for heavier coverage. That was laughable to me. LM and I must have a different definition when it comes to a light touch because the flocked (suede) side picked up way to much and left a white cast on my nose to the point that two men where staring at me. The sponge side feels like garbage and didn't pick up anything really. I use use a fluffy brush for the application and it applies the right amount every single time. Every time I go back to using the sponge they gave I regret it every single time.

Other than that cheap sponge the product is great, it comes with a mirror, the packaging it beautiful, and it's the first pressed powder I've ever used. I've always wanted the soft focus effect that I see on the magazines and now I've got it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this as an alternative to the pressed translucent powder. I thought the slight green tint would help counteract redness. I'm not sure what purpose this relatively "new" product serves. I would not repurchase because it does not do anything better/different than the pressed translucent powder. The sponge it comes with is very flimsy and cheap, but I appreciate the fact you can apply on-the-go.

on 2/28/2011 1:09:00 PM

This is probably the best setting powder I have used..........not cakey but must be used with a brush and light hand. Not really mattifying but enough for me with a natural glow. Does not settle in wrinkles or pores. First time ever for me to hit pan with a translucent powder.