August 27, 2014 | 1841 users online

Treatments (Face) - Christian Dior - Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by yunafer

Went to buy a Dior foundation but the saleslady suckered me into buying this serum. Totally expensive and really made me break out. Boohoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really recommend this serum to anyone looking to prevent or reverse signs of aging and/or even out their skin tone & texture. I'm only 25 and I wish I would have started an anti-aging skin care routine much earlier.. Honestly, in my opinion, it's never to early for a product like this if your budget can afford it. I was given a sample of this by the Dior SA with a foundation purchase and I didn't even know what kind of serum it was. She had also given me samples of the HydraLife Serum and moisturizer and then must've thrown a sample packet of this in there too. I'm so glad she did! I randomly found it at the bottom if my bag and decided to use it and I saw unbelievable results with the first application! The next morning my skin was more even, supple and just radiant and glowing! Ever since I've reached my mid-20s, I've really struggled with my skin in ways that I never have before.. It's unusually dry with red,flaking patches on my cheeks and chin, I feel like my pores have blown up out if no where, and I get breakouts and black/whiteheads more consistently instead of just once a month, like in the past. Also, I feel that fine lines are starting to show on my forehead and my smile lines are more pronounced. The main issue is just that it's been looking dull, rough, and just lacking that young, healthy, lit from within look that I've always had my whole life. I've tried everything and spent hundreds of dollars in products and this serum is the only thing that made such a difference, so quickly! It has a nice consistency and one pump is plenty to spread easily over the entire face. If you are careful with the product, I think I could last you quite some time. I've only had my new bottle for a few weeks and I don't feel like I've really even made a dent. This product is pricey, but I think it's worth every penny. Not only do you get the benefits of the ingredients in the product itself for your skin, but it also makes all your other serums/products you are using as well 2-4 times more effective! They say that your skin can go through a detox period when first using this, but I didn't experience that. Just renewed, healthy, radiant looking skin!! I even told my mom about it and she got a sample and she loves it as well! :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on the fence with this one... i purchase the One Essential with the recommendation of a 20+ yr Dior MUA. He said that was the only serum he would use on his skin and I HAD to have it. he recommended i could put on all my other normal moisturizing creams/etc OVER the OE and i would have great results. I use it 2 x a day (he suggested 1 pump but i use 2) after cleansing and toning. i purchased this about 3 mos ago so i can give it a good, honest review and although it does make my skin very soft and velvety, i really didn't see a WOW factor i was hoping for. I read the bottle and it seems like it is geared towards people looking to smooth the texture of their face and boost radiance. I do not have any rough texture issues with my face.. i am looking for a wrinkle buster and to even out my complexion ( i have melasma due to hormonal pills). Although this was crazy expensive- i think i got it for either $110- $130 - i was hoping for something better. oh well.. i will not be repurchasing this. it will be on to the next thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by katehiga

I've been using this recently, but I noticed results since the first application. The skin seems to be more radiant and refreshed, and my tiny spots, caused by pimples and some acne, have been lightly diminished. I've been told that the results will be even more satisfactory in combination with the Capture Totale One Essential eye serum (for my dark circles) and the Detox Mask, also from the same Dior Skincare line. I have to admit that the complete range of products are very, very expensive, almost 330 USD in my country. Overall I think One Essential is great choice if you want your face to be more radiant, clear, revitalized and with a young appeareance. It really works, but it's pricey.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Bek1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I signed in only to be able to make a review for this product. It worked AMAZING for me.

I had loads of issues with my hormonal balance and contraceprion pills that caused sort of acne and blemishes on my skin that was absolutely flawless before.
It was not a typical adult acne since it was not infected. I had few red pimples on my cheeks, bright red and leaking but leaking plasma, nth else. And it didnt go away for almost a year. I saw the doctor, changed pills, worked on ablancing hormone level, etc. Not to even mention all the possible skin products I tried. None of the products for acne worked, sipmy because those products are ment to calm infection but as I said, it was leaking only plasma, my spots were not infected.

I was buying a face cream when a SA gave me testers for this serum. Morning after first application I was full of small white spots. Even though the SA told me that this will happen first day because it is the skin getting rid of toxins, I was not very patient so I stopped using it. Then few days ago I decided to be more persistant and give it a chance.

It got rid of my spots in 3 DAYS! Unbelievable!

As well, my skin became more even and radiant and reduced sebum in my pores.

I still have my testers but as soon as I use them up, I will purchase the product. It is pricey but on the other hand, during last year I spent much more on tones and tones of other products and doctors trying to solve my problem. So for me, it is worth every penny :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by jenx3989

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started noticing results within a day of starting to use this serum. My skin seemed to glow more radiantly and fine lines seemed to disappear. The downside is that it is VERY expensive, $100 CDN and it only lasted 1 month. That's too expensive for me and I have a full-time professional job as a manager. It says that it is the start of your skin beauty routine to help make other products work better, so you still need to apply other creams on top for moisturizing and deep wrinkles, etc. Although this seemed to work well, there's only a small amount per bottle (much smaller than the bottle size makes it appear), so I won't be buying this again. I will switch to Clarins Double Serum, which people say lasts 6 months or more.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by vickyb23

I am still not sure what to think of this product. I read somewhere that the alcohol content in it is the reason why people see immediate results (acts as a plumping agent) and when you stop using it, your skin goes back to the way it was before. Although I am not happy with the list of ingredients, I decided to try this anyways. Within the first week I broke out fairly badly, considering I don't usually get breakouts. Some were large, hard pimples and some were small red bumps. I also had raised tiny colorless bumps all over my cheeks. I know your skin is apparently supposed to "detox" from this serum, but I hated getting ready everyday to go out with pimples all over my face. It does hydrate well and smooths out my skin. I can't comment on if it improves the efficiency of my other serums/moisturizers because I haven't seen much improvement. I want to give this a fair try, so I will continue using hoping my breakouts will go away...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the samples I got from Dior Diva reward and GWP. All of those add up to be almost 1 oz., which is a full size bottle that would have cost me $95. I use a peanut size for day and double at night. This serum has a thicker consistency than all the other serum I've tried. It sits on you skin when you first apply it. I usually give it about 3-5 minutes to absorb before I apply moisturizer. Dior suggests you to put this on before ANY OTHER skin care product. But I still use it as a regular serum.
I find this very hydrating and it's the main reason I keep on using it. I really notice a difference between this and all other serum I used. My dry lines disappeared in one week. Along with the dry patch at the corner of my mouth. I've been using this for about 3 months now and I'm very happy with it. I already purchase a limited edition ($150 for 2.5 oz.) size. If I were to spend money on it I want to make sure I get the best value.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a serum meant to be used on it's own, or under other serums to boost their efficiency. I don't know about the claims the product makes or their effectiveness, but for me this product has made my skin glow, diminished pores and blackheads, and overall improved the quality of my skin. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my 3rd serum I have tried so far,anr and bobbi brown amongst the list I'm turning 26 in two days and knew it was time to up my game.I have relatively good skin no lines Expect for Enlarged pores by my nose area and cheeks.even though I liked the bobbi brown intense supplement it just wasint doing anything for my pores so I decided to get this which set me back a whooping $100 for 1floz 30 ml this leaves my skin glowy supple and radiant a day even though it has glycocic acid which I'm somewhat allergic to It seems to have not reacted badly or congested my pores unlike the previous glycocic acid treatments I have used I use this in conjuction with the bobbi brown serum and my skin just glows!