Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum

4.1

Ingredients: Water, butylene glycol, glycerin, alcohol, caprylic/capric/succinic, triglyceride, ascorbyl glucoside, polymethylsilsesquioxane, isohexadecane, lactic acid, malyiyol, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, aminomethyl propanediol, phenoxyethanol, peg-32, peg-8, acrylates/C-10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, decyloxazolidinone, peg-7 glyceryl coconate, tocopheryl acetate, parfum (fragrance), tetrasodium edta, faex (yeast) extract, lecithin, calcium pantetheine sulfonate, acacia Senegal gum, pyrus cydonia seed extract, salicylic acid, xanthan gum, malva sylvestris (mallow) extract, alcaligenes polysaccharides, dimethylmethoxy chromanol, hydrolyzed soy flour, adenosine, sorbitol, biosaccharide gum-1, pentylene glycol, hydrolyzed soy protein, sodium metabisulfite, algin, citric acid, aframomum angustifolium seed extract, butylphenyl methylpropional, thiohustidine, limonene, polyvinyl alcohol, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) extract, kluyveromyces extract, cellulose gum, ethylhexyl-glycerin, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, potassium sorbate, plankton extract, potentilla erecta root extract, CI 12700 (red 4), BHT, tocopherol

on 9/24/2013 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

THIS THING!!! let me start off saying that i've been using a benzoyl peroxide gel and AHA lotion for almost almost three years. this powerful combo healed up my cystic acne and has been keeping outbreaks and clogged pores at bay...BUT - my skin was looking tired, sometimes it would be too dry, dull...and on top of this i started noticing first signs of ageing (ugh).
this summer i decided it was time to pay more attention to nourishing products instead of just slathering anti acne stuff on my poor 28 year old face.
here we go...at the beginning of july i got a bottle of One Essential. the first three or four days i noticed my skin was purging a bit. there were tiny red spots and whiteheads on my cheeks, but nothing that my foundation couldn't take care of. my skin was also drier than usual and peeled a little. after about a week things started getting way better and after two weeks i knew this serum was the love of my life.
it contains salicylic and lactic acid, therefore works as a mild, but decent exfoliant.
vitamin C is essential for youthful, even and glowy skin.
i use it usually once a day. at night in conjunction with Clinique's Super Rescue Night Moisturizer or La Roche Posay Effaclar H. when using in the morning i follow up with Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief.
my face looks fresh, pores are diminished, post acne marks faded. guys, this stuff really does make my ugly skin look smooth and healthy! i can't believe it, but it's true:)
i highly recommend this serum to anyone with combo-oily skin, post acne marks, congested skin and first signs of f***ing aging.
it's fragranced, some might not like it, but i personally love that flowery smell:)
the rest of my routine: BP gel+AHA lotion every other night, Alpha Hydrox Retinol Rescue (great thing too) a few times a week.
p.s. this one is much better than Clinique Turnaround Radiance Renewer in my opinion.

on 8/28/2013 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great serum!! It instantly tightens and smooths the skin. It reduces my redness and has gradually reduced the appearance of my pores. I have very little visible blackheads now and my skin is radiant.

on 8/14/2013 7:44:00 AM

I use this product along with the Capture Totale Multi Perfection moisturiser as well.

I am a little mixed about this product, I do like it, but does it perform miracles, probably not!

Overall I think it has evened out my skin and probably soften some of my fine lines, although at 42 I'm not a mega wrinkly either! Combined with the moisturiser my skin feels nice and soft and looks nice as well.

I have had a 30ml jar for about 2 1/2 months and use one pump a day, maybe that's where I am going wrong, perhaps I should use it a night as well.

A bit criticism about the packaging is you can't see how much is left! But then pretty much all of thee products are guilty of this!

on 7/27/2013 8:44:00 PM

Went to buy a Dior foundation but the saleslady suckered me into buying this serum. Totally expensive and really made me break out. Boohoo.

on 7/6/2013 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really recommend this serum to anyone looking to prevent or reverse signs of aging and/or even out their skin tone & texture. I'm only 25 and I wish I would have started an anti-aging skin care routine much earlier.. Honestly, in my opinion, it's never to early for a product like this if your budget can afford it. I was given a sample of this by the Dior SA with a foundation purchase and I didn't even know what kind of serum it was. She had also given me samples of the HydraLife Serum and moisturizer and then must've thrown a sample packet of this in there too. I'm so glad she did! I randomly found it at the bottom if my bag and decided to use it and I saw unbelievable results with the first application! The next morning my skin was more even, supple and just radiant and glowing! Ever since I've reached my mid-20s, I've really struggled with my skin in ways that I never have before.. It's unusually dry with red,flaking patches on my cheeks and chin, I feel like my pores have blown up out if no where, and I get breakouts and black/whiteheads more consistently instead of just once a month, like in the past. Also, I feel that fine lines are starting to show on my forehead and my smile lines are more pronounced. The main issue is just that it's been looking dull, rough, and just lacking that young, healthy, lit from within look that I've always had my whole life. I've tried everything and spent hundreds of dollars in products and this serum is the only thing that made such a difference, so quickly! It has a nice consistency and one pump is plenty to spread easily over the entire face. If you are careful with the product, I think I could last you quite some time. I've only had my new bottle for a few weeks and I don't feel like I've really even made a dent. This product is pricey, but I think it's worth every penny. Not only do you get the benefits of the ingredients in the product itself for your skin, but it also makes all your other serums/products you are using as well 2-4 times more effective! They say that your skin can go through a detox period when first using this, but I didn't experience that. Just renewed, healthy, radiant looking skin!! I even told my mom about it and she got a sample and she loves it as well! :)

on 6/14/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am on the fence with this one... i purchase the One Essential with the recommendation of a 20+ yr Dior MUA. He said that was the only serum he would use on his skin and I HAD to have it. he recommended i could put on all my other normal moisturizing creams/etc OVER the OE and i would have great results. I use it 2 x a day (he suggested 1 pump but i use 2) after cleansing and toning. i purchased this about 3 mos ago so i can give it a good, honest review and although it does make my skin very soft and velvety, i really didn't see a WOW factor i was hoping for. I read the bottle and it seems like it is geared towards people looking to smooth the texture of their face and boost radiance. I do not have any rough texture issues with my face.. i am looking for a wrinkle buster and to even out my complexion ( i have melasma due to hormonal pills). Although this was crazy expensive- i think i got it for either $110- $130 - i was hoping for something better. oh well.. i will not be repurchasing this. it will be on to the next thing.

on 6/3/2013 1:36:00 PM

I've been using this recently, but I noticed results since the first application. The skin seems to be more radiant and refreshed, and my tiny spots, caused by pimples and some acne, have been lightly diminished. I've been told that the results will be even more satisfactory in combination with the Capture Totale One Essential eye serum (for my dark circles) and the Detox Mask, also from the same Dior Skincare line. I have to admit that the complete range of products are very, very expensive, almost 330 USD in my country. Overall I think One Essential is great choice if you want your face to be more radiant, clear, revitalized and with a young appeareance. It really works, but it's pricey.

on 5/31/2013 6:31:00 AM

I signed in only to be able to make a review for this product. It worked AMAZING for me.

I had loads of issues with my hormonal balance and contraceprion pills that caused sort of acne and blemishes on my skin that was absolutely flawless before.
It was not a typical adult acne since it was not infected. I had few red pimples on my cheeks, bright red and leaking but leaking plasma, nth else. And it didnt go away for almost a year. I saw the doctor, changed pills, worked on ablancing hormone level, etc. Not to even mention all the possible skin products I tried. None of the products for acne worked, sipmy because those products are ment to calm infection but as I said, it was leaking only plasma, my spots were not infected.

I was buying a face cream when a SA gave me testers for this serum. Morning after first application I was full of small white spots. Even though the SA told me that this will happen first day because it is the skin getting rid of toxins, I was not very patient so I stopped using it. Then few days ago I decided to be more persistant and give it a chance.

It got rid of my spots in 3 DAYS! Unbelievable!

As well, my skin became more even and radiant and reduced sebum in my pores.

I still have my testers but as soon as I use them up, I will purchase the product. It is pricey but on the other hand, during last year I spent much more on tones and tones of other products and doctors trying to solve my problem. So for me, it is worth every penny :)

on 4/12/2013 10:55:00 AM

I started noticing results within a day of starting to use this serum. My skin seemed to glow more radiantly and fine lines seemed to disappear. The downside is that it is VERY expensive, $100 CDN and it only lasted 1 month. That's too expensive for me and I have a full-time professional job as a manager. It says that it is the start of your skin beauty routine to help make other products work better, so you still need to apply other creams on top for moisturizing and deep wrinkles, etc. Although this seemed to work well, there's only a small amount per bottle (much smaller than the bottle size makes it appear), so I won't be buying this again. I will switch to Clarins Double Serum, which people say lasts 6 months or more.

on 3/11/2013 4:55:00 PM

I am still not sure what to think of this product. I read somewhere that the alcohol content in it is the reason why people see immediate results (acts as a plumping agent) and when you stop using it, your skin goes back to the way it was before. Although I am not happy with the list of ingredients, I decided to try this anyways. Within the first week I broke out fairly badly, considering I don't usually get breakouts. Some were large, hard pimples and some were small red bumps. I also had raised tiny colorless bumps all over my cheeks. I know your skin is apparently supposed to "detox" from this serum, but I hated getting ready everyday to go out with pimples all over my face. It does hydrate well and smooths out my skin. I can't comment on if it improves the efficiency of my other serums/moisturizers because I haven't seen much improvement. I want to give this a fair try, so I will continue using hoping my breakouts will go away...

Popular Treatments (Face)