December 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I am addicted to all kinds of highlighting/illuminating products - and this is in my top 5, although definitely not #1. I prefer NARS Albatross in cooler months when I am more pale, or Armani Fluid Veil - the love of my life - because it looks more subtle, natural and therefore the finished look is more "sophisticated", less obvious while application is easier and texture much silkier - although the price is a bit outrageous (but you only use a small amount so . . *insert some excuse for wasting money here*)

Anyways, NARS orgasm is a very sheer peachy-pink gel, barely adds any colour and the shimmer is fine and not garish. I apply this on the tops of my cheekbones after blush. I tap on a tiny amount with my ring finger very lightly, if you spread/smear this on it can upset the make-up underneath or streak blush/foundation. It just leaves a hint of glowy finish. I also mix this in with foundation to give a more radiant/less dull finish. The finish is slightly glossy, like satin - personally I love it, it looks like healthy soft skin. Always start with a tiny amount and build it up if needed.

I would recommend this to anyone with light to medium-deep skin, especially with warm undertones looking for a subtle highlighting product - and of course get a sample first if possible. I'm not sure how it would be on skin above an NC45 but have used it on friends up to that shade and it looked nice, on fairer skin it can be a bit too "peach", and I would recommend NARS Albatross instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Lylith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample size of this illuminator when I ordered some other products from the NARS website. The reviews here made me believe it wouldn't be any good, but I actually quite like it.
I apply this on my cheekbones when I only want to wear minimal makeup, over a light coverage foundation. It gives a very light flush to my cheeks, and highlights my cheekbones.
It also stays on longer than I expected, for about 3 hours. Not what you'd expect from most NARS products, but still not bad.
I would not buy this, as I think it is a bit pricey considering the quality, but still a very nice product considering I got it for free, and the sample is pretty big.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, but unfortunately it just doesn't do much for me. Initially, right after application, it looks nice. It gives a light pink flush, and a definite glow when used as a cheekbone highlighter. Unfortunately, on me, the pink color fades completely within ten minutes or less. I've tried this over many different foundations, and the color always fades right away. After the color fades away, I'm left with only a slight highlighting effect that actually looks almost oily in certain lighting and even this fades in about an hour. It isn't the worst product ever, it just doesn't do much.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS WAS NICE AS I HIGHTLIGHT, I WOULDNT USE ALL OVER UNDER MY FOUNDATION BECAUSE IM OILY AND DONT WANT A DEWY FINISH I LOVE TO BE MATT.. ALSO GO TRY IT FOR EYESHADOW AND HIGHLIGHT UNDER EYEBROW.
THIS PRICE IS HIGH BUT HEY ITS NARS RIGHT!

I SUGGEST GETTING SAMPLES FROM SEPHORA BEFORE YOU BUY ITS FREE AND YOU CAN GET COUPLE USES FROM SAMPLES.

YOUTUBE- FEARLESS FEMME

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Dash0911

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product and I mix it with any of my foundations to create a 'dewy' look on my skin. I could wear the foundation on its own but the illuminator gives my skin a nice and subtle glow when mixed with my foundation. The only issue I have is the size of the tube and how much you pay for it, otherwise I love this product and will buy it again. The tube does last a long time as I don't use it on a daily basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by MissBeautyAdikt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The NARS Illuminator in Orgasm almost replicates that glow to the skin!

Orgasm is a pinky, peach with gold flecks and compliments olive, tanned skin tones beautifully. This is very similar to the NARS Orgasm blush, however it is much more sheerer. I think most skin tones will be able to wear this because it isn't overly pigmented.

It has quite a fluid texture and is almost like MAC Strobe Lotion. It blends into the skin very well and if using on top of foundation, it doesn't lift off the makeup underneath. It doesn't feel heavy nor tacky and gives the skin a barely there sheen.

I don't apply this on top of powder because of the sheen it gives to the skin. As i said before, it applies well on top of foundation and tinted moisturiser but i personally think there maybe 'lifting' when applying this over powder. I do still powder, but only on my tzone area. I prefer applying this with a stippling brush, as i like the effect that it gives.

I have been very happy with this illuminator that i picked up super orgasm at IMATS!

Full post with pictures can be found on my blog: http://goo.gl/Cj5HnJ

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

My skin is pretty fair and it's not really hard for a product to show on my face. I've used the Orgasm blush for years and have never had a problem. But this illuminator was something else.

For one, it's really watery. I would have it sit out for days and you can see the oily part extracted from the shimmer...it's very runny. This doesn't show up on me and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I moisturize my face and I even put primer on so it can show up but it doesn't. The best method I've found for the product to stay (at least for a bit) is to pat it, rather than rub it. Not really worth the hype..I prefer the lustre drops from MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by JK23

Goes on smooth and even but the color was too dark for my skin. Had a nice shimmer though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is my favorite liquid highlighter. It gives a glowy peachy sheen that lasts all day. The consistency makes it easy to blend. I really enjoy the look it gives my face. Definitely will purchase a full size when I am done with my sample.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got this in the nars love rite set. Its a mini. Following the youtube tutorial videos i used the same technique, pat some on my cheek bones with my middle finger and blend. Then i dusted some blush on it. Its looks like a healthy sheen. Lasted me all nite dancing.

I also mixed a lil` of the product in my foundation and using a stippling brush i blended all over my face then dusted some loose powder... The result: a nice warm glow which i really like... looks like some summer holiday make up and photos well too