July 30, 2014 | 1566 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by MissBeautyAdikt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The NARS Illuminator in Orgasm almost replicates that glow to the skin!

Orgasm is a pinky, peach with gold flecks and compliments olive, tanned skin tones beautifully. This is very similar to the NARS Orgasm blush, however it is much more sheerer. I think most skin tones will be able to wear this because it isn't overly pigmented.

It has quite a fluid texture and is almost like MAC Strobe Lotion. It blends into the skin very well and if using on top of foundation, it doesn't lift off the makeup underneath. It doesn't feel heavy nor tacky and gives the skin a barely there sheen.

I don't apply this on top of powder because of the sheen it gives to the skin. As i said before, it applies well on top of foundation and tinted moisturiser but i personally think there maybe 'lifting' when applying this over powder. I do still powder, but only on my tzone area. I prefer applying this with a stippling brush, as i like the effect that it gives.

I have been very happy with this illuminator that i picked up super orgasm at IMATS!

Full post with pictures can be found on my blog: http://goo.gl/Cj5HnJ

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by B3AUTyxEX0TiC

My skin is pretty fair and it's not really hard for a product to show on my face. I've used the Orgasm blush for years and have never had a problem. But this illuminator was something else.

For one, it's really watery. I would have it sit out for days and you can see the oily part extracted from the shimmer...it's very runny. This doesn't show up on me and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I moisturize my face and I even put primer on so it can show up but it doesn't. The best method I've found for the product to stay (at least for a bit) is to pat it, rather than rub it. Not really worth the hype..I prefer the lustre drops from MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by JK23

Goes on smooth and even but the color was too dark for my skin. Had a nice shimmer though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is my favorite liquid highlighter. It gives a glowy peachy sheen that lasts all day. The consistency makes it easy to blend. I really enjoy the look it gives my face. Definitely will purchase a full size when I am done with my sample.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got this in the nars love rite set. Its a mini. Following the youtube tutorial videos i used the same technique, pat some on my cheek bones with my middle finger and blend. Then i dusted some blush on it. Its looks like a healthy sheen. Lasted me all nite dancing.

I also mixed a lil` of the product in my foundation and using a stippling brush i blended all over my face then dusted some loose powder... The result: a nice warm glow which i really like... looks like some summer holiday make up and photos well too

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by RonBurgundy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I looked everywhere to get this product to NZ where it wasn't ridiculously over priced, including the super expensive postage to the other side of the world, as over the counter it's around $70 NZD (convert to $60USD maybe?) . NARS is a super rip off here, considering all Nars products in NZ have already had the price lowered. Finally I found it off eBay from a legit seller, I got it for $30 for the 30ml size. I love love love the colour, it's a good tone for my skin colour. But ... I still don't understand this product. The concept of it is exciting - illuminated beautiful skin . I find its not really for all over, i can only really put it on my cheeks. Also not on top of foundation because it swirls & looks weird. By itself it's nice. The consistency of the product is great, gel like. It ends up on your finger more than your face though. Would be a good no make up look illuminator if you have even skin tone & want so natural glow. This isn't for me as I have acne & it doesn't go we'll over my foundation. Not sure if ill buy again, maybe if its cheap. Meh . Overrated. But I love Nars & the packaging is always simple & perfect. I wish I could love you orgasm illuminator :( you're just not for me

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ae1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had an allergic reaction to this! I got a bunch of little bumps on my face where I had applied this and I turned a little pink. I used this two nights in a row one weekend and by Sunday my face looked horrible! I have never experienced something like this before. About a year later I tried NARS products again (a cream blush) and had the same reaction. I have slightly sensitive, oily skin. Staying away from NARS products!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

EHHHH. That's the word that comes to mind when I think about this product. It barely shows up on my pale skin. It gives you a very minimal glow. So many better highlighters out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by xkimberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it! I went to Nordstroms looking at Albatross blush as a highlighter, but the SA said that it was too light on for my olive/medium skin. She then recommended this in Orgasm and gave me a sample. I don't use it as a highlighter all over my face because to me it is too shimmery and glossy to do that, I think I would look like a mess! However, I now use it right on the apples of my cheeks as a dewy blush. It is perfect for that and makes the face light up.

I do have one complaint though. It can dry a bit streaky, so you must be careful with your application. I use my finger to apply and must remind myself that a little (and I mean a microscopic amount) goes a LONG way. You must apply in a circular motion, and definitely rub it in. This isn't a pat on type of liquid or one that you can just swipe on, it must be rubbed in!

Overall, I am satisfied with it and will buy the full size when my sample runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by asherzoby

Got a mini tube from a Sephora kit and was wondering what the fuss was when i first used it. However, i soon realised it is really quite a cool product!

when applied on half my face without foundation, the part with the NARS orgasm illuminator had a nice glow about it. the trick is to use a tiny bit. however, the down side is that after about 5 hours, the sheen tends to look rather oily. i think its pretty nice to use a little bit on your face if you are just popping to a shop down the road and want to look fresh and perky!

when used as a highlighter, it does not really make my face pop. but maybe i am not doing it right. or as the SA said, this could really be too light for my NC 25 skin tone. using more makes my skin shine a little too much, so not for me. however, just putting on a little over the parts of your face that appear too powdery after putting on your make up works for me. although it does not really highlight your face or make it more contour, it definitely helps to banish the matte and powdery look. a little will do the trick!

at 30 USD per tube, it does seem a little on the pricey side. its not something that i need terribly, so i will try and use my tube longer and see if i love it that much to buy it when i go to the US. it is probably way more more expensive in singapore, so not for me.

Update: shall not bother mixing with the MAC foundation next time. the mixed product ended up a little streaky and can't see any of the illuminator at all!