April 18, 2014 | 1748 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by teabat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this product is worth repurchasing but let me get the bad comments out of the way.
First off the packaging sucks, I don't know if it's cause I'm clumsy, but the cap keeps falling off and I do not recommend it for purse storage, but I do like the pump. Second bad thing that everyone else has acknowledged is the thick texture that can be extra horrid for those with oily skin.

However, I think the good aspects are so great that I will only take off one star! I had horrible acne and tried to avoid make up during that time so it wouldnt aggravate my skin, but I thought I'd give tinted moisturizers a try. There was a period in my life where the healing process of my acne greatly accelerated and it was because of this product. On the package it claims that there is licorice and tomato extract which lighten scars, and did just that. The heavy coverage that everyone complains about actually really helped protect my skin throughout a sunny day!To deal with the "grease" that people complain about, I use rice sheets to blot and it did not break me out at all. I truly believe this product has helped my acne, and I will continue to use it until my acne troubles are over.

I will admit though, if you do not have troubled skin at all, this product is not worth using. If I had perfect skin I would not voluntarily use this product either because it is a bit troublesome to combat the texture all the time. But it is truly "Healthy wear"

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by holalevy

I've compared this with all the really expensive tinted moisturizers with sunscreen and it always wins out. Heavy coverage so not for those that want a sheer wash of color. Stays on through 3 sets of tennis, easy to use pump, and everyone always compliments my "beautiful" skin.
For middle aged women who have issues to cover and need moisture, this is by far the best. SPF 50 is a bonus!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Yogigirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like Physicians Formula products and I was looking for a really light foundation with a decent SPF. I worked for a cancer organization as a fundraiser so I was happy to see that the product is endorsed by the Skin Cancer Foundation. I have really fair skin (I bought the ivory to fair color) that tends to be dry but I don't like the feel of heavy foundation so this is perfect. Luckily, my face is in good shape at 40 years old (very few wrinkles due to taking care of my skin over the years) and I want to keep it in good shape. I like the lightweight feeling and it just adds a hint of color which is perfect because I'm really active so this works great throughout the day. I was lucky because I found it at discounted price so it was a great bargain. And no parabens and fragrance-free (great for my sensitive skin). Great product - would buy it again!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

This just didn't do it for my oily skin. Upon application, it feels sticky and oily and doesn't feel comfortable on the skin. After setting it with a powder, I find myself shiny after 3 hours or so ... does not have a good lasting power. I used this in the winter too! I can't imagine how disaterous it'll be in the summer. There's a suncreen-y scent to it, but it doesn't really bother me all too much. This might work for people with normal or drier skin, but I'd stay away from this if you have oily skin like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I used this when I was a camp counselor the past few summer's. With it being 85+ degrees outside and running around the campgrounds, the SPF 50 was a definite need for my pale skin! It also had a full, luminous coverage that lasted all day, through sweat AND swimming! Overall great first-time tinted moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by auntjoannie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim at Big Lots for $3 because it it was so cheap, plus it has the 3 in 1 combo I need: sunscreen, moisturizer, and foundation.

This has much more coverage than I was expecting, so that was a pleasant surprise, however, it also feels "heavy" on the skin. I am not used to that and would have preferred a lighter feel so I had to take away one star for that. The second time I applied it, I mixed it with a drop of water and it felt better and also spread and blended more easily.

This product can separate so you definitely need to shake it up first or it will come out icky.

Kudos for the pump dispenser except for the orange color. It cheapens the look of the product but it sure is easy to spot in the bottom of my purse. In my opinion, all cream/liquid products should be in a pump dispenser. It controls the amount well and also keeps contaminants out of the bottle.

I agree with other opinions here that the shades might be a little on the dark side. The only shade they had was "Ivory to Fair" and I was afraid it might be too light but it wasn't at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by bloodflower4141

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite tinted moisturizer. I used this in the summer, because it has a slightly drier finish, unlike most TM's that never set. This is not to say it is a matte finish, when set with powder I would be quite glowy by the end of the day (which I like!). I have pores, dark acne scars, and oily t-zone. Has good coverage, like a lightweight foundation: I used 1 pump if using in place of foundation, or if wearing alone I would use 2 pumps to help downplay acne scarring.

I like that is has SPF50, & my skin usually looks improved after I remove it. I think the tomato extract may be slightly exfoliating. The packaging is nice because it has a pump which dispenses a nice pea-sized amount, as well as coming with a little cap. Not a fan of the pink & orange color scheme, admittedly. The only cons to this product are the price (for $15 I could buy a full-cover DS foundation) & finding a match to your shade. They run a little dark, and can oxidize, but mine only slightly darkened, not as severe as the uploaded picture. Perhaps setting with powder makes the difference.

If you are debating between this and the other organic wear spf15 TM from Physician's Formula, it would depend on your skin type and desired coverage. I would recommend this one for oily skin & a little higher coverage. It is not always flattering on dry patches & can cling to flakes. The organic wear is much more liquidy and sheer, also a bit more moisturizing for dry skin.

If MUA had .5 scoring, I'd rate it 4.5, I just don't believe in giving 5's unless a product is truly perfect. Hopefully this review wasn't too disorganized, this is my first review & I typed it on an iPad. So far, it's basically been an HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this at Big Lots for dirt cheap! This has way more coverage than the average tinted moisterizer. I have mine in ivory/fair. It looks a little dark when you pump it out, but once applied to the skin it blends in perfectly. It lasts all day and looks really natural. Too bad it is discontinued! I have to go back to Big Lots and get a few more bottles. Sooner or later I'll have to find something else to replace it, but for now I am totatally in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by tswope57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday go to foundation. I use the med to tan and add a drop of bronzer to bring it to the perfect color for my skin. I have an light olive tone and live in FLorida and ths lasts all day, with a dash of mineral powder to handle the little bit of "glow" that it imparts. It has more coverage than most TMs. When I need to jump start my day without doing the moisturizer, SPF etc. - this is great. I use a damp sponge to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by heartsinwonderland

Ahhhhh! I picked this up at big lots, after reading the good reviews and the cheap price. I knew it was discontinued, but I just wanted to try it. I love it! I mix it with my regular moisturizer, and it gives me just the right amount of coverage. The way I do it makes the coverage really light and subtle. It has to settle in your skin, but it doesn't oxidize or break me out. I love this stuff! I need to go to more big lots and stock up. Get it if you can!