August 30, 2014 | 1748 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! My boyfriend always makes comments about how natural beauty is better and how I over do it with foundation and make it look like I wear a mask :-( I need full coverage because of acne scars and marks. This moisturizer is amazing! It covers and looks so natural! And a big plus is that it has decreased my break ours by 90%!!! I have super sensitive skin so foundations would cover but cause heavy break outs all over my face. This stuff is wonderful I'm so happy I switched over. It's light and feels like my skin. It also washes off easily! The SPF 50 is also wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say I was very lucky to have found this TM at my local Big Lots awhile ago when I saw a few girls online talking about finding PF products there. I was so happy to find a few things with a great price so I always heard good things about this TM and this I knew was the time to give it a try.
~~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Physicians Formula Tinted Moisturizer can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as most mass discount stores like Target, Kmart & Walmart. The price will vary as with any d/s product depending on location, sales, discounts & coupons. PF is generally very expensive & I think over priced for d/s but their products are good. I would like to try a few more products from them but they are expensive to me. Healthy Wear TM is priced generally around $12. I was lucky to find mine at Big Lots for only $4.50 which is a really great price. I would repurchase bc I like it but I'd def wait for a clearance sale.
~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
PF Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer is a great lightweight tinted moisturizer which includes a spf 50. A high spf which is great for those who want to skip that step. Its great for my super pale skin. PF claims it " protects with its SPF boosters of 50 to stay protected longer w/out residue or greasiness. Its Prevents w/ potent antioxidant blend helps to prevent future UV damage & premature signs of aging. It also restores using licorice extracts, tomato derivatives which brighten skin & diminish the appearance of sun spots. There are so many great aspects of this TM. I purchased lightest shade "Ivory to Fair #7066" which sadly is still too dark for me. Its a warm tone shade. Those w/ very pale skin like me (w/ cool undertones) will find it too dark & warm but I have other fndts that I mix this with that makes it work. The shade will work for some. The formula is a thicker moisturizer feel, applies & blends easily. I like to use a damp sponge or my fingers for more coverage. The coverage is light but still evens out skin & covers some redness & discoloration. I can't use this alone since the color doesn't work for me. Of most TM's i've tried, this one is really good. Great for those w/ good skin or those who want a lightweight non-cakey foundation feel. It doesn't feel thick or heavy on the skin. Blends out w/out drying or emphasizing my dry spots. Wears well. I don't emphasize pores or wrinkles. It blends easily into skin without drying or pulling in any areas. It will work best for normal, dry or combo skin. Those w/ oily skin beware that it may oxidize or wear off easily for you. I don't like to set w/ powder unless its really hot outside. A light dusting is enough. I like how it doesn't dry out my skin & feels good throughout the day. I didnt notice any oxidizing or vanishing areas so it stays on well. I really like the almost gel like feeling/consistency. Can even work as a primer/moisturizer for those who need more coverage. This is a really nice tinted moisturizer. I just wish it wasn't so dark but it does not dry darker, which is nice as well. On top of a primer, this lasts for around 6 hours or so before i see a natural fading as w/ any tinted moisturizer. Setting w/ a powder may help it last longer. I like the natural finish, not matte nor dewy. Its natural looking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PF Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer comes in a really fun bright orange tube. The lid has a cute little pink ribbon. The logo/labeling is in bright pink writing. I like the packaging. It always draws my eyes to it. This includes the typical 1.0 fl oz of product. This tube is hard plastic and slim. The lid pops on/off easily. The pump is easy to use. Doesn't disperse too much product. Easily pump what is needed. I find this to be great packaging. I would like more foundation to be packaged like this. The only issue I would maybe say is that you can't see through the tube so it's hard to tell how much product is left. That's my only minor complaint. Otherwise, its fun & cute & very travel friendly. Can take it in your bag & go.
Overall, this is a really great tinted moisturizer. Its on the pricier end of drugstore makeup as most PF products are but if you are looking for a lightweight but decent coverage and have normal to dry skin, this will work for you. There unfortunately not too many shades to pick from either which is a bummer but I make it work. I see myself reaching for this in all seasons. Great for summer for the less is more & also even in winter since it does not dry out my skin like more matte formulas do. Overall, a really good product from Physicians Formula. Wish I could try more from their line. I would recommend to those who are looking for the coverage of a tinted moisturizer or who don't need a whole lot of makeup. I prob won't repurchase since I bought two at Big Lots & it will take me awhile to get through them since I can't use it on its own.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by aubrymary

I bought this last summer and thought at first that it would be too dark for my skin (I believe I have the medium/tan shade), but it turned out that with a summer tan it blended nicely. The product gives good coverage and the SPF totally works. I've had the same bottle for over a year. I wore it this weekend while in the sun all day long and while my chest got singed with a typical SPF 15 on it, my face was protected under this tinted moisturizer. My only gripe is that it's very thick and greasy. I would use it every day if it weren't for the greasy texture! Overall, really nice product, especially for the price (I think it was about $10-$12)...but I wish they'd work on an oil-free version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by MichiMiralles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing! If your skin is in the drier side and you love compliments GET THIS!!!

I would say the coverage is medium to full and the finish is luminous/glowy great if you are into dewy skin.

The price is really good
The spf is amazing
The pump bottle is easy to use and super cute.

BEST FOUNDATION EVER....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by teabat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this product is worth repurchasing but let me get the bad comments out of the way.
First off the packaging sucks, I don't know if it's cause I'm clumsy, but the cap keeps falling off and I do not recommend it for purse storage, but I do like the pump. Second bad thing that everyone else has acknowledged is the thick texture that can be extra horrid for those with oily skin.

However, I think the good aspects are so great that I will only take off one star! I had horrible acne and tried to avoid make up during that time so it wouldnt aggravate my skin, but I thought I'd give tinted moisturizers a try. There was a period in my life where the healing process of my acne greatly accelerated and it was because of this product. On the package it claims that there is licorice and tomato extract which lighten scars, and did just that. The heavy coverage that everyone complains about actually really helped protect my skin throughout a sunny day!To deal with the "grease" that people complain about, I use rice sheets to blot and it did not break me out at all. I truly believe this product has helped my acne, and I will continue to use it until my acne troubles are over.

I will admit though, if you do not have troubled skin at all, this product is not worth using. If I had perfect skin I would not voluntarily use this product either because it is a bit troublesome to combat the texture all the time. But it is truly "Healthy wear"

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by holalevy

I've compared this with all the really expensive tinted moisturizers with sunscreen and it always wins out. Heavy coverage so not for those that want a sheer wash of color. Stays on through 3 sets of tennis, easy to use pump, and everyone always compliments my "beautiful" skin.
For middle aged women who have issues to cover and need moisture, this is by far the best. SPF 50 is a bonus!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Yogigirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like Physicians Formula products and I was looking for a really light foundation with a decent SPF. I worked for a cancer organization as a fundraiser so I was happy to see that the product is endorsed by the Skin Cancer Foundation. I have really fair skin (I bought the ivory to fair color) that tends to be dry but I don't like the feel of heavy foundation so this is perfect. Luckily, my face is in good shape at 40 years old (very few wrinkles due to taking care of my skin over the years) and I want to keep it in good shape. I like the lightweight feeling and it just adds a hint of color which is perfect because I'm really active so this works great throughout the day. I was lucky because I found it at discounted price so it was a great bargain. And no parabens and fragrance-free (great for my sensitive skin). Great product - would buy it again!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

This just didn't do it for my oily skin. Upon application, it feels sticky and oily and doesn't feel comfortable on the skin. After setting it with a powder, I find myself shiny after 3 hours or so ... does not have a good lasting power. I used this in the winter too! I can't imagine how disaterous it'll be in the summer. There's a suncreen-y scent to it, but it doesn't really bother me all too much. This might work for people with normal or drier skin, but I'd stay away from this if you have oily skin like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I used this when I was a camp counselor the past few summer's. With it being 85+ degrees outside and running around the campgrounds, the SPF 50 was a definite need for my pale skin! It also had a full, luminous coverage that lasted all day, through sweat AND swimming! Overall great first-time tinted moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by auntjoannie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim at Big Lots for $3 because it it was so cheap, plus it has the 3 in 1 combo I need: sunscreen, moisturizer, and foundation.

This has much more coverage than I was expecting, so that was a pleasant surprise, however, it also feels "heavy" on the skin. I am not used to that and would have preferred a lighter feel so I had to take away one star for that. The second time I applied it, I mixed it with a drop of water and it felt better and also spread and blended more easily.

This product can separate so you definitely need to shake it up first or it will come out icky.

Kudos for the pump dispenser except for the orange color. It cheapens the look of the product but it sure is easy to spot in the bottom of my purse. In my opinion, all cream/liquid products should be in a pump dispenser. It controls the amount well and also keeps contaminants out of the bottle.

I agree with other opinions here that the shades might be a little on the dark side. The only shade they had was "Ivory to Fair" and I was afraid it might be too light but it wasn't at all.