October 21, 2014 | 2093 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by mdhurley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I normally use cornstarch, but I figured I'd try it since a small can was bundled with the Tresemme conditioner. This is by far the worst dry shampoo I've tried, and I'm no stranger to dry shampoos. You have to spray this stuff on super thick to get it to absorb all of the oil, which then leaves you with a white film on your hair that refuses to go away with brushing. I've even tried spraying a little bit on, waiting for it to absorb, brushing it out, and repeating until the oil is absorbed, but I still end up with the whitish film. This makes my hair feel heavy and waxy - gross! The only thing it's good for is adding a bit of volume to clean hair when sprayed lightly, but it still smells a bit heavy for my tastes. Honestly, if you are on a budget, just use cornstarch or even any of the other cheaper brands. Anything is better than this garbage.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my very first dry shampoo, after seeing Bethany Mota use it in frequently in her videos. When I sprayed it on, it came out in powerful, quick short bursts. I rubbed it into my scalp with high hopes, but it eliminated only a little of the oil/greasiness. My hair stilled looked really stiff and dirty. When I ran my fingers through my hair, they would have this white chalky substance , which was probably the residue of the dry shampoo. The smell is okay - first fresh, then kind of sickening. When I finish this bottle, I'd like to try a different dry shampoo c:

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by TrueCOWgirl

I was keeping my fingers crossed, hoping this would be as good as my last dry shampoo. I use dry spray quite a bit, since showering daily tends to make my hair get frizzy...but by that day 2, my roots/bangs are feeling greasy.

Honestly, I'd rather try my home made dog dry shampoo (1c baking soda and cornstarch, 4 drops essential oil) than this stuff! It smelled awful, it leaves residue, and my hair feels only a TINY bit less oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Luna73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used a lot of dry shampoos, and a lot of Tresemme products and this one is the worst of them all. By a lot.

First and foremost, the product simply doesn't absorb oils the way it's supposed to. My hair looks at least as oily as it did before using this. It is also impossible to brush out -- so your hair gets heavier and limp, and your brush gets caked in powder residue. (Seriously. You cannot reuse your brush after using this. You HAVE to wash it thoroughly to get all the gunk out. It's disgusting.)

It's cheap, I'll give it that much. But in this case you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Aylapc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Worst dry shampoo out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I am glad I tried this despite all the bad reviews. I love it! I think it smells good and does not leave a white residue on my hair and my hair is dark brown. It makes my hair soft and it feels fresh after I use it. This is my first dry shampoo so maybe I'm missing out on trying different "prestige" brands, but if it ain't broke...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ihatespumoni

Look at the reviews; over 400 people cannot be wrong. In my opinion, this product sucks. It made my hair greasier and flatter than when I started. It smells terrible and makes you feel like you have gunk in your hair. How is this even on the market? I would not even accept another bottle of this if someone gave it to me for free.

TRESemme needs to reformulate this and give it a new name. Then I might give it another try.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I have oily hair so I Tryed this dry shampoo, it smells great and fresh all day but I don't like how it leaves my hair white like built up why residue!! I have brown hair so maybe it works good in lighter hair I don't know but I did not like this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by sorayaeva

The smell is too strength, it makes me hard to breath when I use this.. It also makes my hair scalp more oily and sticky. Its really hard to brush off the powder so it looks like I have a lot of dandruff

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by CamBG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Was very disappointed... I felt like I had tons of products in my hair even if I applied a small amount. Did not made my hair less oily, I think it made everything worse. I just had to wash my hair anyways.... waste of money+time