December 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Roaringtempest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Okay. Changing this to 1 lippie. After extended use, I really hate this stuff. Using it a few times a week, I eventually got down to half a bottle. Now, I was already starting to get fed up with the weird texture it started to leave- hair felt straw like. However half way through, it became very difficult to dispense actual product! Regardless of how "vigorously" I shook it! Even though I could feel the weight and know I couldn't have possibly used all of it up, so every time I tried to use it, their was a decent chance it would just wet my hair.

When I finally did get it to work again, I just didn't care for the results long term. It wasn't making my hair look better, and it certainly made it feel worse! The fragrance is decent but nothing special. It feels very drying, and makes hair look dull and lifeless- takes away any visible shine and replaces it with chalkiness. Extended use, or everyday use makes matters worse. Hair feels unnatural, and as previously mentioned, very straw-like and rough.

I am fairly certain it was drying out and irritating my scalp as well. I do have psoriasis on my scalp (not visible at all) but as I've gotten older, it is very minor. However after using this for a while, my scalp around my hairline and bangs became very itchy with a lot of build up. Once I stopped using it, the flare up went down. I've never had a reaction like that to something before. It also might have been caused by build up of the product on my scalp, even though I was very careful to spray it only on my roots and not on the actual skin!

Overall, trust the reviews and save yourself (and your hair!) the trouble.. I liked it at first, but initial results are deceiving. Just buy another brand. I'm going to shop around!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by shrimpski

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this, because this product is absolute rubbish. It's funny how it's a dry shampoo meant to degrease hair and it's specfied for oily hair, yet it does the opposite.
It's easy to use, I spray it on, it goes on white and disappears quickly as you rub it in, and it has a nice clean shampoo scent which I like. That's where the positives end.
This makes my hair feel disgusting. It feels oily and leaves a very weird texture, like a chalky and waxy type texture. If I touch my hair after the dry shampoo is rubbed in, it feels very weird if you then rub your fingers together.
My hair doesn't really look oily, but feels oily, even after rubbing it in and brushing it out, and this is what I don't like. It makes your hair quite 'stiff' and if you move your hair, it won't move, it would almost be better marketed as a spray pomade or hairspray! It would be good if you wanted less 'silky' hair for a certain hairstyle, but for everyday, no!

I will never buy this again, I'm struggling to decide whether to keep my almost full can or not, because it's that terrible!
I have bought $2 dry shampoo cans from Target (Australia) that do a WAY better job than this product!

If you want slightly textured hair for a messy bun or other hairdo, buy this product.
If you want a dry shampoo that will make your hair feel and look clean, do not buy!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by alyssa21mia

Thankfully I only paid like a dollar for this crap. I was on a trip recently and saw this in trial size so I tried it and holy hell my hair went from greasy to straight disgusting. I tried it a few days in a row with different techniques to give it more chances but it is just horrible. Do not waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by luckygirlblue124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this product. It left my hair feeling waxy and sticky, and I didn't overdo it. I only used a little, in quick short bursts. I brushed it well afterwards, and I still hated it. It gives volume, that's true, but the oiliness and stickiness are terrible. Will not use again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by lilyclaark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THIS DRY SHAMPOO, USE THIS TECHNIQUE:
Take sections of your hair and aim the spray at the roots. Rotate between spraying it directly on the roots and spraying it from around 8 inches away. After you cover the parts that feel oily let it sit there and soak up the oil. After 2-5 minutes mix the shampoo around in your hair- this gets rid of that white film. Just mix it around your hair and then comb it out when your done.
This is not the best dry shampoo out there, but to get your moneys worth you have to do that technique when spraying it on or else it doesn't work. I find that my hair feels thicker after applying it, but it feels like the perfect hair texture for a super messy bun. I don't know if I would repurchase this... maybe if I had to get dry shampoo and it was on sale? But yeah hopefully this will help some people who are stuck using this! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jenniferm6904

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product! Made my hair oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by m0ka0nly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very thin, limp asian hair. If I do not wash my hair every day it looks very greasy and stringy. This is the first dry shampoo I tried, I purchased it because of the low price. I found the scent overpowering and nauseating. It smelled like orange peel mixed with hairspray. The spray itself was very cakey on my hair. It did not absorb the oil but mixed with it creating a clay in my hair! Kind of like mixing flour with water, it turned into solid chunks of paste. When I brushed it out the clay stuck to my hairbrush in chunks as well. The only positive is that it did take out the oily shine in my hair. I still had to tie my hair up in a bun. There is no way you can use this product and leave your hair loose. It is very heavy and clay like. I would not purchase this product again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Lauraasti

I bought this 2 years ago in a pinch before a music festival where I would be camping for a few days and the idea of sharing a shower trailer with 29,000 people didn't sound appealing. I hadn't used dry shampoo much before this. Now that I've dyed my hair red, I use dry shampoo regularly, but normally I use the Batiste brand, which I LOVE. However, I'm currently out of that and haven't had the time to run to ulta and get more. I found this lying around and figured I could deal for a few days. It really isn't great. On a positive note, it does add some texture and volume to my hair and helps tone down the greasy look a bit, and is widely available and affordable, but the good stops there. Every dry shampoo leaves a residue, but this is different. My hair still feels very greasy, just with a load of powder on top. Despite adding texture and volume, my hair feels very heavy. And the smell makes my sinuses burn like crazy. I would feel very self-conscious if I wore this to work or out to dinner. My hair looks better, but not fresh or touchable. And the white colored powder dulls my hair color no matter how much I brush or blow dry. No redhead has time for that. It's doing it's job in a pinch and I might save it for another music festival type of situation where I'm not exactly trying to look glamorous, but I won't be upset when this can runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by belladil

This was the first dry shampoo I tried and I have been very disappointed with it! Thankfully, I haven't given up on dry shampoos all together and have found some other brands. When I first started using this product I guess I used too much because it made my hair turn a white-ish color, definitely not good. So I started using less product and I've felt like it doesn't do much. Yes, it takes away that stringy oily look dirty hair can have, but it also makes my hair look dull. Definitely will not be purchasing again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by electroTABBY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm not sure how I feel about this product. When I first bought it, I hated it because I thought it did nothing but make my hair feel heavy and leave a white cast near my roots so I left it sitting on my dresser for months. One day, I had to go out somewhere with no time to shower and wash my hair, so I figured what the hell I'll just use this stuff I had here for awhile. I tried spraying it much farther away from my roots this time and not using so much product either, in hopes it would work better. And it did work better for me. I like that it makes my hair smell much better. Yucky I hate that dirty hair smell! so this definitely took care of that. It makes your hair bearable for several hours just so you look presentable to go out somewhere if you're really in a rush, but after 4 or 5 hours I still felt gross, you know? It makes a difference in the way your hair looks to get rid of that stringy oily look but I still felt physically gross lol. I'm not sure if every dry shampoo does this, but I've experienced the same thing with the 2 different brands I've tried. The other one I used was "Not Your Mother's Clean Freaks dry shampoo" and it was the same thing: looked better, but left me feeling gross.

Anyway, all dry shampoos should just be a quick fix in case you can't wash your hair for whatever reason so considering that, it did the job for a few hours. Not too bad.