January 26, 2015 | 1954 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by SDR1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This isn't the worst dry shampoo I've tried (that would be Herbal Essences) but it sure isn't the best (Not Your Mother's).

Like the rest, it leaves a dull residue and if you press on your hair near your ears, you can hear a crunching sound.

If I could find a dry shampoo that doesn't leave the chalky residue, it would be a miracle.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG. WHERE DID ALL THIS GREY HAIR COME FROM???

- Oh wait, it's just my s*itty dry shampoo *deep sigh*

Avoid like the plague.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by piczohun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolute crap. My hair was better before I used this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

This is only the second or third dry shampoo I have tried. I have used Dove, which is decent but nothing special. This is pretty bad. I have very long hair that is damaged at the ends, so for the past year or so I have been trying to avoid having to wash it every single day. So far, my second day hair is pretty oily and heavy. I'll really only deal with it if I don't have to be anywhere special. This product is basically useless, at times adding to the already existing buildup in my hair, making it worse! Even the scent was useless after a few seconds my hair would smell like it hasn't been washed in days. I was beginning to think Im just not one of those people who can get away with not washing every day, but once this can started to run out I decided to purchase Batiste, which is truly incredible and worth all the hype! I am a huge fan of TRESemme in general, but this is truly a terrible product not even worth purchasing on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by chukulata

This was my first dry shampoo actually. That's why I can't compare it to any other ones. It is awful! It makes my hair look dirtier than ever, my hair feels so sticky! I tried it so many times it does not work. Even my sister tried it and did not work for her either. I don't mind the scent but this is just horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Ashleem44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate this stuff. It's too wet and it just doesn't work. I used it ONE time and threw it out soon after. Literally all it did was make my hair look worse. Do not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Roaringtempest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Okay. Changing this to 1 lippie. After extended use, I really hate this stuff. Using it a few times a week, I eventually got down to half a bottle. Now, I was already starting to get fed up with the weird texture it started to leave- hair felt straw like. However half way through, it became very difficult to dispense actual product! Regardless of how "vigorously" I shook it! Even though I could feel the weight and know I couldn't have possibly used all of it up, so every time I tried to use it, their was a decent chance it would just wet my hair.

When I finally did get it to work again, I just didn't care for the results long term. It wasn't making my hair look better, and it certainly made it feel worse! The fragrance is decent but nothing special. It feels very drying, and makes hair look dull and lifeless- takes away any visible shine and replaces it with chalkiness. Extended use, or everyday use makes matters worse. Hair feels unnatural, and as previously mentioned, very straw-like and rough.

I am fairly certain it was drying out and irritating my scalp as well. I do have psoriasis on my scalp (not visible at all) but as I've gotten older, it is very minor. However after using this for a while, my scalp around my hairline and bangs became very itchy with a lot of build up. Once I stopped using it, the flare up went down. I've never had a reaction like that to something before. It also might have been caused by build up of the product on my scalp, even though I was very careful to spray it only on my roots and not on the actual skin!

Overall, trust the reviews and save yourself (and your hair!) the trouble.. I liked it at first, but initial results are deceiving. Just buy another brand. I'm going to shop around!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by shrimpski

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this, because this product is absolute rubbish. It's funny how it's a dry shampoo meant to degrease hair and it's specfied for oily hair, yet it does the opposite.
It's easy to use, I spray it on, it goes on white and disappears quickly as you rub it in, and it has a nice clean shampoo scent which I like. That's where the positives end.
This makes my hair feel disgusting. It feels oily and leaves a very weird texture, like a chalky and waxy type texture. If I touch my hair after the dry shampoo is rubbed in, it feels very weird if you then rub your fingers together.
My hair doesn't really look oily, but feels oily, even after rubbing it in and brushing it out, and this is what I don't like. It makes your hair quite 'stiff' and if you move your hair, it won't move, it would almost be better marketed as a spray pomade or hairspray! It would be good if you wanted less 'silky' hair for a certain hairstyle, but for everyday, no!

I will never buy this again, I'm struggling to decide whether to keep my almost full can or not, because it's that terrible!
I have bought $2 dry shampoo cans from Target (Australia) that do a WAY better job than this product!

If you want slightly textured hair for a messy bun or other hairdo, buy this product.
If you want a dry shampoo that will make your hair feel and look clean, do not buy!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by alyssa21mia

Thankfully I only paid like a dollar for this crap. I was on a trip recently and saw this in trial size so I tried it and holy hell my hair went from greasy to straight disgusting. I tried it a few days in a row with different techniques to give it more chances but it is just horrible. Do not waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by luckygirlblue124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this product. It left my hair feeling waxy and sticky, and I didn't overdo it. I only used a little, in quick short bursts. I brushed it well afterwards, and I still hated it. It gives volume, that's true, but the oiliness and stickiness are terrible. Will not use again.