L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

on 1/31/2015 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using this product for around three months, and still find that I have more than half of a jar left. As a mature woman at age 41, I don't find this primer to be drying at all, so long as I moisturize properly first. I have mostly dry skin, but with occasional combination-type oil along my nose and forehead. Although I only use this in my T-Zone, I think it would work well for oilier complexions to use it elsewhere also. I've been using this under my Jane Iredale pressed powder foundation, and I find that I can get by with only one blotting around midday, and this primer prevents me from having to perform any touch-ups of my powder. I love the tiny jar, which fits nicely in amongst my other daily-use cosmetics (and they change all the time, but this primer stays permanently in my rotation!) I know that a lot of ladies find the jar unsanitary, but I truly feel that as long as my hands are freshly washed, there is no detriment to the product or my skin by dipping my fingertip in and applying. I find tube products to be rather wasteful, as you can never get all of the product out unless you finally end up cutting open the tube at the end of its life.

on 1/26/2015 10:53:00 PM

It's a bit pricy, but it feels so nice on my oily skin. I like to use it under my eyes and on my nose. It doesn't last very long though.

on 1/21/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I usually try to use this product over my uneven skin, considering I do get acne quite often. It doesn't really help to cover anything and it also doesn't smooth out rough spots.

on 1/13/2015 6:00:00 PM

Once you learn to let this glide on top of your shin and not thickly put it on, it is fantastic! i have tried other primers prior to this and they don't hold a candle. Non greasy, smooth and silky, it gives an added beauty to your foundation. I am 59 with a lot of discoloration to my skin. This does not conceal but evens out your skin tone. I love it!

on 1/12/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I gave this 3 lippies because I'm undecided on this product.

Pros:
~ texture (similar to smashbox)
~ price
~ covers pores relatively well

Cons:
~ hard to get out of pot
~ need to use a lot of product to spread properly

I don't think I'll buy this again just because I have used better and prefer Smashbox or even ELF over this one.

on 12/24/2014 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For the price, this is a decent product. It's very silicone-y, but that doesn't bother me. It can make me break out in summer but works well for me in the cooler months. I don't use this all over my face, just mainly in the T zone and over problem areas. Makes makeup apply smoother, fills in pores, helps perfect my look. I really dislike the packaging - it's cute but I would prefer a tube. This stuff always gets stuck under my nails, how unsanitary is that? I'd buy again, though.

on 12/18/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I do not have any issues with my makeup wearing off daily, I bought this just for an extra smooth look. It definitely helps me achieve that. The finish it gives is matte but with a little sheen. It makes your skin look and feel extra soft/smooth. My makeup applies really nicely on top of it. It's a pink colored thick primer in a cute glass jar. You only need a tiny amount so it will last for awhile. I think it's a beautiful product.

on 12/3/2014 9:02:00 PM

Honestly, I am willing to spend any amount for skin care and makeup. I have been using this primer for a few years. I have never found a better product for filling in pores. This is not a full-face primer. No, it is for using selectively for pores on side of nose, chin, wrinkles between brows. If you need a product to cover the whole face, I would recommend a thinner primer.

on 11/29/2014 4:22:00 PM

Maybe I applied this product wrong but I tried everything with this product. I put on a small amount and rubbed it between my fingers. However my face looked white and my make up looked terrible. Will not buy this product ever again. Also I think it is too expensive for what it does.

on 11/27/2014 4:35:00 PM

This is pretty good for a pharmacy product in canada it's 15$ (régular price). so it's very unexpensive if we compare to a MAC, benefit... It's very smooth and really reduce the apparence of my pore, so i give a 5. My bémole is that the package is a little jar the primer stick under my nail