December 19, 2014 | 1441 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Kaleyedescope in High Maintenance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is good stuff. Easily rivals my MAC Illusionary/Burning Ambition Mineralized Eyeshadow duo (and I really like that duo - don't get me wrong - this is simply high praise for High Maintenance) - and at a fraction of the price. The lighter side of this shadow (sort of a pale whitish gold colour) applies so much more smoothly than the gold side of "Illusionary" and it's great for brightening up the tear duct/inner corner of your eyes, even if you don't want such a shimmery brow highlighter. The darker side is just a really wearable taupe with a hint of pink to it. It's not terribly well pigmented but does apply nicely if you use your finger and works well as either a lid or crease colour. I haven't tried these wet yet but do plan to try the darker shade this way. They do wear well and are great every day shades as neither is too intense. If you're not big on shimmer/sheen, though, these may not be for you as they are absolutely NOT matte. I really like this duo, though, and plan to try more products from Hard Candy because I am pleased with the quality and the nice looking packaging.

Edit (Dec. 2011): having used this shadow duo for a few months now, on and off, I've lowered my rating to 4 lippies and changed to "would not repurchase". This shadow just isn't pigmented enough to deliver, unless used wet, and to me, that, coupled with the very shiny finish, has changed my "would you buy this product again" to a "No". I keep it in my gym bag to reapply a bit of eye makeup after my workout and shower but it's a bit too much work, as I say, to get anything much to show up. I'd rather spend on Wet n Wild for something inexpensive to keep in my gym bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has quickly become my go to every day eye shadow with one big caveat - it must be applied with a wet brush over a primer (I use the super cheap but fabulous e.l.f. eyelid primer which has to dry before applying shadow but it dries quickly so...no worries). You'll know if your brush is wet enough if the shadow sticks to the brush, which might sound like a no brainer but it took me a while to figure that out! I took off one lippie simply because if the brush isn't wet, you might as well forget getting any shadow to stick to it. So use the correct tools to apply and I bet you'll love this inexpensive shimmery taupe shadow.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by royalblue

Love this eyeshadow. Just the right amount of shimmer and the colours are really wearable. I always reach for this in the morning before heading to work. Natural colours and really beautiful when it catches the light.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I really like this eyeshadow because of just how natural it looks, the light side is a really nice all over color for my lid and then the darker side is a really nice crease color. I really like it for the nice texture and wonderful blending ability. I keep this at home for when I student teach because I can just use my fingers to apply this (yeah I know unsanitary) but it applies wonderfully using this quick application method. I would definitely buy it again in a heart beat if I ever used all of the product up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ash87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked up High Maintenence and Secret Rendesvous eyeshadows on a whim and had not read any reviews. When I first tried them out dry I was impressed by the color pay off but was not blown away. Today when I was playing around with them I used a wet brush and was shocked at the difference in the color payoff. The shadows went on super pigmented and smooth. My advice is anyone who bought these shadows and does not love them TRY THE SHADOW WITH A MIXING MEDIUM it makes all the difference in the world.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by RandomJazz

I love shimmery, not glittery, eye shadow, so this was perfect! It doesn't last through my whole 7:30 am - 8:00 pm day, but I think I'd have a hard time finding something that does. I use the light shade on my lid and the darker in my crease, and it looks nice, not overdone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite Hard Candy eyeshadow color. It lasts all day and the color is beautiful. There is no fallout whatsoever and the highlight shade is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by blndiee06

I am so glad to have discovered this brand at Walmart as they have such nice products for cheap.

This is my favorite item that they make as the pigmentation is amazing and I can create many looks with this one eyeshadow. If I am in a hurry I will just take a large eyeshadow brush and swipe it so it gets a both colors at once. Next I swipe on my lids an viola!

They looks super shimmery in the packaging but on they don't look that bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by meetmeinmontauk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors are nice, but even layered over UDPP they didn't last throughout a typical work shift. The formula is just ok, but I doubt I'd buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Snowing

I took a chance on this eyeshadow and am glad I did. It seems to be the first one I have been choosing lately. Layered over painterly paint pot it lasts from dawn to dusk.