Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I bought this 2 years ago and loved it. I was originally using bare minerals but wanted something with some more coverage. Used the whole thing and I bought it again a few months ago and it's been horrid! They changed the formula, it's icky and oxidizes I'd have to wet my brush or scrape the powder to get any on. The staying power is worse the colour looks dull and grey by the end of the day. Packaging is even more flimsy and cheap.And now it gives me little clogged pores and black heads!! I recently bought cover fx mineral makeup. Found out on MUA that they changed the formula of BE too. Time to find something new. Cover FX is so far so good! Very good coverage looks natural not cakey, it says it's good for acne prone skin..well see

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product in the trial size because I was on the fence between the MAC studio fix plus foundation powder and this one. At first I would have given this powder 1 lippie. It was horrible. It covered nothing and was horrible. I would have to use a TON to get barely the coverage of a tinted moisturizer. However, after a little experience I have learned how to love this product. It is in fact not concealer as it says in the ads and such. But with concealer underneath, it looks amazing. I look flawless (which wasn't hard to achieve with a liquid foundation, but with this it looked NATURAL) I don't look like a "porcelain skin" perfect skin (I have OCD so my hyperpigmentation makes me insane) fool.

I will not be purchasing mac, and will be repurchasing this in full size!

UPDATE: Okay this update is like 10 minutes after I reviewed this but I just decided to wash my hair because I'm a freaking idiot so I was bent over the tub washing my hair (I didn't want to take a shower because I had things to do and didn't have time) and I accidentally got water all over my face because I'm an idiot so when I was done I took a paper towel and carefully toweled off my face but the water on the paper towel was clear, meaning none of the makeup had come off. Crazy.

THIS STUFF DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!!!!
If you use the primer, this powder is wonderful. It looks natural and not too cakey. It can also control oil longer than most liquid foundations. It feels like you are not wearing any foundation, and practically looks like it too.

on 7/4/2013 2:15:00 AM

I absolutely love this product! I have repurchased a couple times already and will continue to purchase for years to come. This product covers so well without appearing cakey and does not break me out. I get compliments all the time on what I am using. I use the colour light in the winter time and light tan on top in the summer. I don't hear a lot of people talking about this and am always recommending to my friends. I live in Canada and find this at the shoppers drug marts that have the fancy boutique sections. Although it is kinda expensive it is well worth it in my opinion.

on 5/18/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Somebody had given this to me a long time ago and I forgot about it. I recently discovered this again and I'm so glad I did. I use this powder by itself or over my BB cream. I feel like it gives a nice, smooth finish and it matches my skin color perfectly! I don't recommend the chisel brush. Use a regular powder brush. I've been using the flat top powder brush from ELF and it works way better in my opinion. The Pur Minerals brush they pair with this foundation sheds like crazy! So annoying.

on 5/7/2013 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my favorite mineral foundation. I have oily/acne prone skin, and I have to be very careful about ingredients. I previously used Bare Minerals in Fairly Light, but found that if I built coverage too much, it would cake up. So, I tried the Pur Minerals and fell in love with it. I think the main trick is the brush you use to apply it. I do not care for the chisel brush they recommend. It does not allow for even coverage. A kabuki brush or powder brush works well. This gives great build-able coverage, and I even use it over my daytime eye cream to conceal under the eyes. It does well not giving a dry look under the eyes. The only thing that bothers me sometimes is that when you get down to the last bit of product, it sometimes breaks into pieces and you either have to crush it up and put it into another container to use the rest, or just throw it away. Despite that, I really love this foundation!

on 5/3/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This stuff is awful. It caused huge cystic acne and I don't know why =(

This has replaced Bare Minerals. I love the polished look I get and how easy I can blend this with blush/bronzer.

I've been using this for several years, I use it probably every day. It doesn't dry me out or make my skin oily, I've been seen it cause breakouts either. I'm in the lightest shade, and it looks great on my skin. I don't think its particularly long lasting, but it feels great out my skin and it looks very light and doesn't make me look like I have on heavy make-up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love how this blends color-wise BUT it leaves my skin looking so dry! I just don't get how it turns out like that. Not going to buy again but may try another of their products because of the color blending ability. It also has staying power but who wants to look all dry and withered all day? Exactly.