October 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Concealers - rms beauty - "Un" Cover-Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in 33, and I'm about an NC40 with warm,tan skin - the colour is a good match for me. I'd give this an overall rating of 2.5.

Honestly I'm not really sure what to say about this product - I like the coverage and finish initially - it's got fairly high pigmentation, does a good job of covering dark circles, and has a very emollient, dewy finish which is nice for my very dry skin. Also I wore this and nothing else for a dinner party, and my mom complemented me on the way my skin looked that night - she thought I had no makeup on.

On the other hand, on me, this product creases almost immediately - I have creasing about 5 minutes after applying even when I set with powder. As I mentioned, I have dry skin and I usually don't have issues with products migrating or creasing. In addition, the product is extremely expensive - it's over $40 I think in Canada, and it's a tiny pot that gets used up quite quickly - I'm probably a third of the way through, and I haven't been using the concealer regularly.

Due to the creasing issues, I don't really find myself trusting this enough to use it very often and I don't think I would repurchase. So far I've only used it during the summer though, so I'll give it a try during the winter to see if there is any improvement in longevity.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by kponce007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It is an expensive product, but I had heard great things about it so I was willing to spend. First off, the packaging bothers me because a jar isn't hygienic...especially for a product meant to cover up blemishes. Second, I guess I should have paid more attention to the ingredients and ignored the reviews. The first ingredient is coconut oil...I know some people swear by this but any oil added isn't the best. 3 different types of oil, wax, and cocoa seed butter=bad news for breakouts. I only used it two days because any blemish I used it to cover up instantly got worse! Anyways, it didn't work for me but it's my fault for ignoring the ingredients list.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by A9M8L

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good concealer, but not great IMO...the reason I really like it the most is the really good ingredients in it. It can get very oily/greasy looking and isn't super high coverage, but sometimes I don't mind just having a thin layer of this to even things out a bit. You definitely need to use powder over this though. If my skin was better I would probably use this more often, but most of the time I feel more comfortable with a fuller-coverage foundation/concealer. I do think I would repurchase this, just because its nice having products that aren't filled with chemicals to use on days I don't feel like wearing lots of makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical about this initially (coconut oil?), and purchased a sample in shade 11 (I'm about an NW15 in mac speak). It turned out to be a very generous sample, I'm on my 2nd week of using this and no other foundation. I apply sheer layers with my fingers (patting it into my skin), then go over it very lightly with a soft foundation brush. (Apply a single heavy layer and it will look cakey.) It lasts all day for me, although I use a primer first. I also agree with other reviewers that this is best for dry skin. I'm over 50, and just upped my retin-A percentage, and this looks great when everything else makes my skin look dry and flakey.

I don't notice a scent and the texture is creamy and blendable, but not greasy. The pale yellow-ish shade 11 covers up redness very nicely (which is primarily what I use it for) and does seem to "melt" into my skin, as the brand description claims. I definitely plan to buy a full-size pot of this.

Update 9/2014: I did purchase a full size of this. The more I use it, the more I like it. I use Rouge Bunny Rouge Diaphanous Loose Powder to set it and reduce the dewy look.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by peoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in both 11 and 22 as I am between the two colours. I already own a few products from the line and I was so sold on the ingredients and ethos of the brand that I bought without thoroughly testing on my facial skin - I regret being so enthusiastic. The product definitely creases, especially around the eyes, with or without the use of rms 'un' powder. It shows up fine lines that I just do not see with any other of my concealing/base products. I can accept that the rms eyeshadows crease (sometimes to nice effect) and need fixing regularly, but it is just too much hassle when it comes to concealer. I want to touch my face as little as possible throughout the day. Additionally, despite it's moisturizing ingredients, it seems to highlight dry skin that I didn't even know I had. My skin is in good condition but unfortunately 'un' coverup seems to unveil a multitude of imperfections. It's really very strange. Finally, if I were to purchase any more products from the line (I really love a couple), I would not rush to purchase directly from rms beauty again as the customer service person I spoke to on a couple of occasions relating to my purchase was really quite disingenuous and arrogant. SBL or Evolue will get my continued custom for their fabulous and kind service.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually quite like this concealer. It blends it really nice, it melts on the skin and it feels amazing on my dry skin. The problem is this costs over 6 $ per gram, as a comparaison MUFE lift concealer and MAC select cover up are in the 2$ per gram range.

As well as I like it I just can't justify spending that much on a concealer when you can actually find very decent options at the drugstore (maybelline fit me, covergirl simply ageless and garnier roller among others).

I'm still happy of my purchase because of the convenience of the product, it can be used as a foundation and it's great for travel. Because it's yellow toned (shade 11) it covers redness like a charm. It's a great concealer to use those days that you are feeling extra tired. I find it best used with a tinted moisturizer to add coverage where you need it the most for an extra dewy look.

It's still one of the best performing natural product out there, especially for dry skin. If price isn't a concern for you and you like a dewy look you may really like this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Lyra16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am currently using the bare minimum for products as well as using organic natural products and I have found the hardest change has been finding a good concealer. I was very interested to try this one but upon using it I became rather disappointed; it is very sheer/light coverage. This is not build-able because it will slide and crease but with powder it can be layered lightly. I do like the glow it can give and since it is all natural I use it to counteract redness around my eyes. I know there are cheaper similar alternatives now and I will not repurchase this. I do not apply it to the bottom inner corner where my dark circles are as it will cause any other product to crease. RMS Un Cover-Up concealer does not conceal darkness but it feels very nice in addition to a radiant glow around the eyes. Since it can not conceal much, I would consider this a luxury item as it is expensive for what it really does. At the time, I fell for the hype. It should not be called a concealer because it does not conceal. For those saying it smells like leftover thanksgiving dinner, not sure what you make for thanksgiving but this concealer has only a faint scent of oil and wax :P

Update: The glow appears when product is lightly dabbed into the skin. If you try to layer or blend it in any other way other than dabbing, it will feel gritty and bring out dry flakes. This is pretty much a correcting "highlighter" since it makes the skin more radiant (especially the bottom outer corners of the eye above the cheek bone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

This product renewed my interest in RMS. My skin was not compatible with the ever-lauded Living Luminizer which was just greasy on my combo oily skin. Different story here! My skin loves Uncoverup even with the same coconut oil base. In this formulation it moisturizes my dry areas and balances the oily areas. The pigmentation is medium level and covers up dark circles and redness easily (though it is not good on blemishes, too creamy). I love this texture. It is a slightly spongy cream that smooths on easily with fingers or brush. I set with a mineral powder (BM Matte or MAC MSFN) and my skin doesn't shine til hour 6. It looks natural and alive on my skin. Perfect for weekends and easygoing days at the office. I purchased in 33 for my light Asian tan NC30/C4 skin and will work for me all seasons since it blends so well. The little glass pot is also my favorite packaging, sturdy and kinda fancy looking with a very tight screw lid so no dust or lint ever gets in.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I really wanted to love this product but I can't. Truly applaud it for being all organic. But the 1st ingredient is coconut oil and I breakout with coconut oil.

I will definitely pick this up when I am in my 40s or when my skin is truly dry. Whichever comes first.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

UPDATE: For those of you looking for a great under eye concealer, definitely try Silk Naturals under eye powder one! I was floored by the quality, and it is so cheap. It's eco. Literally only downside is that it is a loose powder. It covers so well and looks so natural. It is a staple in my routine now. (Also, there are samples.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This did not work for me at all. I am a huge fan of the RMS line, and now I own the un-coverup, the luminizer, a lip2cheek, and a gloss. Samples of the lip balm, shadows, and other lip colors are on its way as I write this. Needless to say, I was extremely excited to get this in the mail. Some people that didn't even like the Luminizer (which I love), loved this.

I'm a Light-Medium person, usu picking shade Light in makeup brands with limited shades, MUFE in N125, MAC face and body in c2. I went with 22.

I have acne-prone skin, so I knew that I could not use it anywhere on my face aside from my under eye area. The coconut oil will definitely break me out, and I know this because I can't put my Luminizer under my lower lip, for instance.

My under eye area is not that bad since I don't suffer from a lack of sleep, heavy tanning, or stress. I'm young also - 22. My under eye area is pretty healthy looking, but I did want something to lighten and brighten it since shadows can pick up on it the wrong way. So my main reason for this was to add a healthy glow, deflect light a little maybe, and just aid in a dewy, radiant complexion. Also, I'm a sucker for eco-friendly products, especially ones that get a lot of attention.

Upon opening it, my initial reaction was packaging was chic as usual. It may not be practical (the packaging), but it makes the products stick out to me and makes the whole line feel special to me.

Consistency is nice. Then when I started to blend it under my eye with my finger, it just kept caking, but it wasn't really lightening any of the shadow/darkness. It's a barely there coverage, but it still cakes in the crease under your eye (up until then I didn't even know I had a crease under my eye lol). It eventually dissipates into your skin, but the result is not noticeable and eyeliner is hard to apply thereafter. It definitely doesn't do anything to counteract the darkness in the area, not better than a highlight would do.

Someone pointed out that the scent is like leftover Thanksgiving dinner. That is exactly what this smells like, though you don't notice it all the way by your eye (but on your finger tips). I don't mind the smell so much because a fragrance would make it less eco-friendly.

My end opinion is that if you're going to use this as an under eye concealer, it will not work unless the tone is a color you already want. If your skin is pretty great (in tone) and doesn't break out with coconut oil, you could use it as an all-over glow type of thing and put the upowder up on top. Unfortunately, I can't use it all over my face. It went back. I recommend for people with similar needs as mine to just use an eye cream or even just a moisturizing oil by the eye, maybe use something with a subtle shimmer like Origins Ginzing eye cream to deflect the shadows. It will do more than this can. This is for people with even skin tone, no noticeable flaws, for those that just want a pick-me-up.

Pros: consistency, packaging, ingredients
Cons: smell, crease-ability, extremely sheer coverage, not good for under eye, price

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No