October 24, 2014 | 1844 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I bought this because I am a huge WnW fan and it was one of their newest colors. Love it! If you ever wanted a "neutral" lilac tone, this is it. I have light olive skin, so I don't look great in silver, frosty tones, but this purple has gold shimmer in it, so it looks really complimentary with my brown eyes. I used a primer first and the color came out lovely. Like my favorite, Nutty, this one shows as a deeper color in the crease, so you can just use one shade. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a decent budget eyeshadow. The color is soft and blendable, and I recommend wearing it over a good primer because like most cheap eyeshadows, it will flake off and run over time. I wouldn't recommend foiling it, because even over a primer, it flakes off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This purple is so pretty! Wet n Wild eyeshadows are affordable for anyone. 1 lippie off because I have to use a primer to pump up the color and prevent creasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by DyingMessenger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This particular color is my least favorite out of the individual shadows by Wet n' Wild. The color payoff is not that great and I find that there is quite a lot of fallout as well, also that the color seems to fade throughout the day. The packaging isn't the greatest either as they're very hard to open and a bit too small.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by dani215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is somewhat of a pain to get into. The texture of this shadow is definitely not as smooth or pigmented as most of the others from this brand. That being said, the shimmery cool purple color is gorgeous and goes very well with my hazel eyes. I apply this over ELF mineral primer in a wash over my lid and it's perfect and doesn't crease by the end of the day. The color isn't deep or dramatic but very nice for an everyday look or wash of color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I lucked out and scored this for 75% off. 50 Cents! Anyway, Kitten is a nice purple/lilac color with gold shimmer. First swatch and nothing really showed up. The trick to this is primer. With the right primer (Too faced shadow insurance) this little gem is beautiful. I paired this with nutty. It looked fantastic. Glad I was lucky enough to get this at such a great price.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

WnW has really improved and has many great shadows now these days. But this is not one of them. This is in my GREED pallete and it doesnt show up on me with even a primer it's REALLY lacking pigment.Does not show up on me at all

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found the pigmentation on this very weak, as many reviewers did. I tried it on top of techno, the purple WnW "jumbo pencil", which has really terrible pigmentation, as well. Well, the two together perform beautifully. The pencil gives the shadow a pretty iridescent sheen. Try it. It's not super pigmented, but it's definitely an improvement.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wasn't at al impressed with this color. It has very little pigment with or without primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by carasforever

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wet n Wild Color Icon #257A Kitten - this shadow looks gorgeous in the pan and pigmented when swatched on my fingertip. I was really excited initially to use this shadow however when I tried to use it come off as a really light almost white lilac color. I experimented with different brushes, keep building the color but nothing seemed to work. I decided to try it with my UDPP and it was a BIT better but the fall out was horrendous. I would not RECOMMEND this particular color. If you want to try any of the singles from Wet n' Wild try Brulee, Nutty & Penny. In my opinion they are the best ones in the singles.