January 31, 2015 | 1225 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by maybom

I have oily skin prone to breaking out so I tend to lean towards foaming cleansers that contain salicylic acid. I thought I'd try this product since it was on sale at Walmart a few months back (I think under $6 Cdn). This cleanser does a very good job of removing all of my makeup and oil. Like another reviewer, I also found that it does tend to leave my face a bit tight aftewards but nothing a coating of moisturizer doesn't fix. I'm not a fan of the scent (what is it with St. Ives cleansers scents?) but it doesn't deter me from using it. I'm 50/50 on repurchasing only because I'm a product junkie and have very little loyalty to any one product unless it's almost miracle-like. But then again, if the price was right I might buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by ashleeco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i use this in combination with st. ives apricot facial scrub. i have oily skin which can sometimes be quite dry along the jaw line.

i love this product. it does not dry me out and it helps clear my adult acne quite well.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by fabandflair

I was so excited to use this one so I decided to try it. Before using this product I already started to have breakouts but then hoping it would help me lessen the redness and breakouts and sadly it didn't and I'm really not sure if it even worsen it. But overall it didn't help me get rid of my breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Brieyourself

I am a HUGE product junkie!! I have average skin with occasional breakouts, oily yet dry patches and some age spots. I have tried many many products and this cleanser is great. It leaves your skin super clean, it is slightly drying however the green tea and salacytic acid are amazing at treating pimples of now and past as well as present. Within 2 days the redness fades and within 4-5 days the pimples were all gone. I typically never repurchase the same product, however with this cleanser I have. Im almost done and will definatly keep this cleanser on hand always. It is reasonably cheap at 4$ a bottle. The only claw for me is the packaging just because although it closes off at the pump it often comes open and sometimes the product leaks when in my travel bag or drawer. But if you are looking for a cleanser that leaves your skin super clean, smaller pores and combats redness due to acne as well as treat the pimples, this product rocks!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser because I forgot to bring one on vacation. For the small price tag I figured I'd use it for a few days and probably give it away. I was surprised to find out how much I liked it more than any other face wash I've ever used. I'm super oily and acne prone, so it's never been easy to find a good cleanser. I absolutely love this, after a month of continued use, my skin has never looked better. It helped clear up small breakouts I had around my chin, and it leaves my skin feeling new each time. I know that face washes are hit or miss depending on the individuals skin, but I'm really happy I found such a wonderful product on accident essentially.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Qsma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It's really calming and my skin has never looked better. It is a bit drying, but I follow it with the St. Ives Timeless Skin moisturizer. I totally recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It gets rid of pimples but it doesn't prevent them. Also after washing my face with this product my face gets really dry and tight.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by chai24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this together with the scrub. I have acne and very oily skin so this sounds too good to be true why not try it. First use, I don't see any difference just washes oiliness but doesn't control oil I get shiny after an hour. After 2 weeks, acne still the same no improvement. I wonder how the 2% Salicylic Acid is working? I tried to give it a 1-2 minute lather to give more time to for the cleanser to work but my skin itch and burns from it. I finished the bottle but won't repurchase. Didn't help with blemishes.

I'm missing the L'oreal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Gel Cleanser and the St. Ives Daily Microdermabrasion. Sigh! Both are discontinued.

On the other hand, the scrub works well though it's oil free and grainy (fine grains), leaves no residue great for oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by wendeex3

Got this product a couple days back, and i was actually excited to use it. After use my skin felt ichy,dry and on my cheeks i started to develop redness and spots. I was so disappointed in this product, its going into the trash for sure. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Infinity22

I like this product. It gently cleanse my face and leaving it still moisturized not dry. My skin is oily and blemish prone, so the oil-free and non-comedogenic claims are good. It's true! This product gets well with my skin. I believe this is formulated for oily skin, and should not be used by those with normal to dry skin because it may cause over drying. An may lead to skin damage..

Too see my full review of this product, follow this link..