October 24, 2014 | 1725 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Brieyourself

I am a HUGE product junkie!! I have average skin with occasional breakouts, oily yet dry patches and some age spots. I have tried many many products and this cleanser is great. It leaves your skin super clean, it is slightly drying however the green tea and salacytic acid are amazing at treating pimples of now and past as well as present. Within 2 days the redness fades and within 4-5 days the pimples were all gone. I typically never repurchase the same product, however with this cleanser I have. Im almost done and will definatly keep this cleanser on hand always. It is reasonably cheap at 4$ a bottle. The only claw for me is the packaging just because although it closes off at the pump it often comes open and sometimes the product leaks when in my travel bag or drawer. But if you are looking for a cleanser that leaves your skin super clean, smaller pores and combats redness due to acne as well as treat the pimples, this product rocks!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleanser because I forgot to bring one on vacation. For the small price tag I figured I'd use it for a few days and probably give it away. I was surprised to find out how much I liked it more than any other face wash I've ever used. I'm super oily and acne prone, so it's never been easy to find a good cleanser. I absolutely love this, after a month of continued use, my skin has never looked better. It helped clear up small breakouts I had around my chin, and it leaves my skin feeling new each time. I know that face washes are hit or miss depending on the individuals skin, but I'm really happy I found such a wonderful product on accident essentially.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Qsma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It's really calming and my skin has never looked better. It is a bit drying, but I follow it with the St. Ives Timeless Skin moisturizer. I totally recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It gets rid of pimples but it doesn't prevent them. Also after washing my face with this product my face gets really dry and tight.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by chai24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this together with the scrub. I have acne and very oily skin so this sounds too good to be true why not try it. First use, I don't see any difference just washes oiliness but doesn't control oil I get shiny after an hour. After 2 weeks, acne still the same no improvement. I wonder how the 2% Salicylic Acid is working? I tried to give it a 1-2 minute lather to give more time to for the cleanser to work but my skin itch and burns from it. I finished the bottle but won't repurchase. Didn't help with blemishes.

I'm missing the L'oreal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Gel Cleanser and the St. Ives Daily Microdermabrasion. Sigh! Both are discontinued.

On the other hand, the scrub works well though it's oil free and grainy (fine grains), leaves no residue great for oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by wendeex3

Got this product a couple days back, and i was actually excited to use it. After use my skin felt ichy,dry and on my cheeks i started to develop redness and spots. I was so disappointed in this product, its going into the trash for sure. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Infinity22

I like this product. It gently cleanse my face and leaving it still moisturized not dry. My skin is oily and blemish prone, so the oil-free and non-comedogenic claims are good. It's true! This product gets well with my skin. I believe this is formulated for oily skin, and should not be used by those with normal to dry skin because it may cause over drying. An may lead to skin damage..

Too see my full review of this product, follow this link..

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Yazmeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

St. Ives NATURALLY CLEAR Green Tea Cleanser. Clears breakouts and reduces redness. Oil-free with salicylic acid acne treatment with 100% NATURAL GREEN TEA. I really wanted to like this product. I mean it had all the good stuff right? Oil free with green tea, salicylic acid etc. God knows how much i wanted to like it.

When I got home at night after getting this i immediately used it. It kind of stung a bit and i didn't like the smell. It got into my mouth a little bit and the taste is HORRIBLE. Stings my eyes easily too. The next day i didn't notice much difference. I said to myself 'only the 1st day'. As it became a part of my everyday skin care routine... it made my skin really itchy, broke me out horrendously, it was horrible. I still thought it was a good product because i REALLY wanted to like it. I thought it was just my skin getting used to it.

I used it for about two months or so and it did not help my skin clear at all. heck it did the opposite of that. every time i used it i groaned to myself. Washing your face with this product was not a fun experience since it stings, smells horrible and made no difference to my skin. Finally, i stopped using this and bought my all time favorite Seba Med Foaming cleanser and my skin cleared out! Sorry St. Ives really wanted to love this product. I will not buy this again considering that i still have my first bottle and its got a little bit left. Maybe If i have the guts i'll try it again but i doubt it will make any difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

I will literally try anything that has green tea in it because i believe that it has amazing anti- inflammatory properties and soothes any redness. I was very excited when i first purchased this but i didn't experience the best results. I rate this product a 3/5 because:
it is not very moisturizing, dried my skin out, is not fragrance free, and cannot be used daily (although it claims you can). On a positive note, it does exfoliate my skin very well and sloughs off any dead skin cells. I bought this at Walmart in the travel section so it was only about $2- when i'm unsure about a product I always buy the travel sizes to test it before buying the big size haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by onesunnyday88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a couple months now and it has done an amazing job on my skin. I usually dont break out that much but when I do I want to get rid of it very quickly. When I saw this at the store I was very scared that it would not work. ( Like I usually am with face products.) I just finished my first bottle of this and WOW I think I'm in love. I can not get enough! My face feels so soft and smooth now and my forehead (where I get most of the pimples) is cleared up soooooooo good. Even the scars from the acne I had on my forehead are faded. Anyone who has very light acne should get this! wonderful product right here!!! :)