April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by jmarshtomp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the Lucy Light, golden medium and creamy bisque.

What I've noticed about this foundation is that it gives EXCELLENT coverage, and I don't have to spend nearly as much time applying it (I currently use Everyday Minerals' Jojoba Base). Unfortunately, it's also cakier and more evident that I have foundation on. To be fair, it really is quite subtle; I asked some friends, and they said that while it was noticeable, it was only noticeable since they were looking for it. However, I consider this to be a negative as with the EM Jojoba Base, no one could tell I was wearing it, it just looked like I had nice skin. Looking natural is incredibly important to me, so I will not use this as a foundation anymore. However, it does work really well as a concealer and it even does an amazing job covering up redness! I personally wouldn't recommend it as a foundation unless you don't mind it being noticeable, but I will definitely invest in it as a concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by sarahrafika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

first of all i LOVE this product so much!
been using it for 2 months now, AND i bought this just like everybody else, i wanted to change my foundation routine to a more natural and eco friendly to my skin, last 5 months i was suffering from a TERRIBLE hormonal outbreak * adult acne* prolly bcos of my age, but thankfully my skin cleared out now and i m still happily using this!

i was reading this site for more details before i could get my hands on it, and i was convince! ^^ the coverage is VERY good! full coverage, just what i needed! i used a flat topped angled brush from Missha , btw, cause i m a newbie to using brushes, and it really create that flawless look , though, it couldnt hide bumps thats for sure, its suitable for acne prone skin, SENSITIVE SKIN, but not SUPER DRY SKIN!

i do want to note that , the foundation needs to be applied after moisturizer , and primer,
i use the PHB PURE HALAL BEAUTY , *( a vegan uk product ,) which works well , and also GOODAL PHYTORAIN to make the foundation glides like nothing else! it covers my SUPER INFLAMMED red skin, previously and yeah i couldnt imagine if i didnt found this foundation, i mean i ve tried several other mineral brands, they dont do that much, other than making a mess,

i also think that its very important to know what your skintone before purchasing this foundation if you want full coverage, i think that's why some ppl ended medium or sheer coverage, bcos i seriously think its full coverage !

do check my blog i did a review on it :

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

NOTE! If you have dark coloured peach fuzz (Asian with black fuzz here), do shave or thread it off first because this mineral foundation seems to hightlight the fuzz quite strongly. (I didn't notice this happening with Silk Naturals or Bare Minerals). YMMV.

I think this foundation will require you to be very vigilant in exfoliating - it accentuated all my mini-pimples (think allergy 'pimples'? they're smaller than a sewing pin). And be very very very good with moisturizing! After 6 hours of wear, the creamy bisque shade is much less forgiving than an emollient concealor as all the little fine lines are being highlighted ;____; Though this is used without any primer - mineral or liquid silicone type.

- - -

CREAMY OLIVE - too olive, not quite the right tone of yellow for my skin tone

PALE OLIVE - oooh! qute opaque. too light unless i blend but the colour matches my undertones than cream

CREAM - it can act as a brightener. In terms of light/darkness, this shade matches my skin the best but it seems to make my face seen much brighter (paler) than what I want for an everyday natural look. (I

CREAMY BISQUE - Tooooooooo dark, it would match if I tanned during the summer months. However, the yellow-orange tone of it makes it a good under eye concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by nursenorton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a person who reads a lot of reviews,but I don't write a lot. I had to write about Lucy Minerals,though.I've been a foundation junkie,just because I haven't found the one for me.I want high coverage without greasiness to cover skin cancer scars and hyper pigmentation .The high coverage foundations felt heavy and slid off my oily skin. And the breakouts-sheesh.Bareminerals-stinging and too shiny. Everyday minerals-stinging,too shiny,not enough coverage.
Lucy minerals-Holy Grail.Excellent coverage,no heaviness,satin look,not too matte,not too shiny.Did I mention the coverage?
Just buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by vickyni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is solely for the Lucy Light foundation. First what I love about it. The foundation has incredible coverage that lasts all day.

I have extremely sensitive, dry skin, that currently suffers from rosacea and hormonal acne. I even had a bout of eczema one winter. And this foundation does not break me out! However, if I leave it on for 8+ hours and let it mingle with sweat and w/e, it does leave my skin blotchy and red in spots when I finally wash it off. But that's about as good as it gets for me, so I have no complaints there.

What I do dislike about the foundation is its texture. Two gripes. First, if you have any dry patches on your skin, this foundation emphasizes them like no other. It will gather on top and under those dry lines and make you look like your skin is flaking. Secondly, if you do moisturize with natural oils like I do, the foundation will slowly condense with any excess oil you have on your face and make your face look cakey with enlarged pores after a couple of hours.

However, those two reasons alone are not enough to make me move away from Lucy Minerals. If you do moisturize the right amount, and apply the foundation by stippling lightly instead of buffing, you can end up with incredibly beautiful, flawless, matte skin.

But Lucy will never give you that dewy, moist, luminous skin finish that you see in Korean B.B. cream advertisements, which is what I'm looking for. So I'm now on the impossible hunt for a B.B. cream / tinted moisturizer that does not break me out.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Ag22392

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently bought four sample pots of Lucy Minerals two Foundations (Lucy Light and Oil Control) and two blushes in Sedona and Juicy Peach. Overall, I would say they are better than most mineral makeups. Every mineral makeup I've tried, Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, and many less expensive store brands. Every other mineral makeup has broken me out. Lucy I the exception to the rue. However, the trade off is that many of the smoothing agents, like Lauryl Lyosine, are absent from Lucy which means the finish just doesn't look good on my skin. I don't have dry skin, maybe combination, and it seems to accentuate every dry patch. It also has the effect of sitting on top of my skin instead of blending in. I've tried applying with a light hand, a heavy hand, super blending, it just doesn't seem to look right. If you're in the market for an all-natural, mineral makeup, and have needs such as sensitive, acne-prone, or rosacea skin I would say go ahead and try it. It shouldn't do any harm, they have good color selection, their blush I LOVEEE, and at worst you've spent a few bucks on a sample and it just doesn't look great.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by iceboi

This review is for 2 items I purchased from Lucy Minerals lets start with the good.
I made a splurge purchase from one of their BOGO sales specials they had and took advantage. Shipping is quite killer to Canada so this BOGO special came very handy.
I purchased the Lucy Minerals in Lucy Light Finishing powder. The Finishing powder is AMMAZING!!! It melts and melds into the skin PERFECTLY!! It's a great finishing powder highly highly recommend this stuff its very good at holding my makeup all in place and makes it last longer no touch ups needed !!

The bad is the foundation itself I am Asian skin yellow toned MAC NC 30-35 and purchased the Golden Medium which is supposed to be a perfect match for NC 35 skin tones. I purchased the Lucy Light formula because of the no extra additives my skin is highly sensitive and don't need the extras. The Golden Medium looks like a perfect match to me in the jar and a lot of reviews I read that NC 30-35 people are getting the Golden Mediums. I am unsure of how everyone's applying but I used so little to apply and my skin was GHASTLY WHITE!! I waited a couple of minutes for the minerals to warm up and it did but I was still white looking. I thought I applied too much and tried different ways to apply this if I do it cakey I look disgusting if I do a light coverage I don't get the full coverage I require and still looking white at the same time. I have put this on 3 weekends while just staying home thinking it just has to oxidize for a few hours and then my color would show. NOPE I was wrong the white cast stayed for the entire 8 hours and I only used the foundation alone. This definitely was not a good color choice and am unsure if I would repurchase again because shipping to Canada is too much even for samples alone. So the jury is out for the foundations im steering clear away the color just isn't matching and I hate going thru the sampling phase ive done that with quite a few companies and am not doing or going thru the hassles again!!

The packaging of the products are perfect I really like that part. Also I got some deluxe samples with my order and its a too bad I didn't get a variety of foundations to give it another shot I did get the extra additives formula but that didn't work either. I have to say that the finishing powder alone has made this a good purchase but I only bought one and itll last me quite a bit.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Kirstenknapik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me just start off by saying that my skin reacts to absolutely everything. If I wash my face with a new cleaser, if I try any new makeup, look at it wrong, etc. I had a big battle with acne a few years ago, but with the help of my doctor I got rid of all of it. After it went away I had been so used to not being able to use any product at all, that it was really scary to start using anything on my face. I have a 4 year old, so I need something light and not too heavy that will cover my scarring, and something that will last! The past few months I have been through everything...Studio Gear, Make Up Forever, Amazing Minerals, Lorac, and Cover Fx. Everything seemed to be too heavy, break me out, not a good color match, there was just always something wrong.

I started doing my research online and looking for something more simple for my sensitive skin, I tried a few other mineral makeup brands that didn't seem to work for me, but then I came across Lucy Minerals. I checked out their site, and it seemed interesting. I came here to checkout reviews and they all seemed great! So I went back to the site and picked out a few shades that I thought may match my skintone. I love that they have sample sizes, because I can't keep spending a ton of money on something that I'm not sure that I'll love. So in a matter of a few days I received my packages and was so excited! I went straight to the bathroom to find myself a match! At first I tried on fair and it was way too light for my skin and made me look a little chalky. After that the cream, which was to yellow for my skin tone. Then the neutral shade, light, was a perfect match for me! I found a flat brush that I had already had lying around and applied it just like the girls in the tutorials did, more like stippling, then blending afterwards. It looked amazing! All of my scars were completely covered and it looked so natural. I did this for a few days and it lasted me all day, didn't need a single touch up! After a few days I had a few breakouts (which I'm 99% sure was hormonal) but, I don't take chances anymore! By this time I had already ordered a full size of the original formula in the shade light. I emailed the company and asked them if it was possible since I didn't even receive it yet, if I could send back the original for the "Lucy Light" formula. They had no problem trading out the products. And that is another reason they are a great company, you can't find good service like that everywhere! I received my Lucy Light formula a few days later, and have been wearing it ever since. My skin looks great and so even and smooth. No more breakouts, just natural looking skin. And just so you know I am very very picky when it comes to makeup. I love this make up so much, and it is so affordable. I have also ordered samples of all the matte blushes and bronzers, and will be ordering a full size Matte Apricot in just a few days.

It is so hard to find good quality, affordable, and simple makeup, but they did it! This company as a whole is just completely amazing. I love all of their products that I have tried so far, and will definitely be purchasing many, many more soon!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, yellow toned.,

I've tried most of the samples that would suit NC/NW 15-35 and also the Snow White for adjusting the colors. I made millions of combos, took my notes, kept adjusting.. but never found the perfect match... too much of one turned gray on me, others were pink/peach, etc etc. Oily skin and large pores, trying to minimize the amt used, still always looked cakey on me.

That said, the Snow White is handy! Currently I'm using the Tarte Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation w/ the mesh in the pckg (love that, so much easier to use). Fair-Light Honey is bit too dark for my skin (and probably only perfect in the summerest of summers for me), so I was contemplating purchasing the lighter color and combining the two... but a tiny amt of Snow White mixed w/ the Tarte looks to be great! So I'd probably only purchase Snow White as an adjuster.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by vyuen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have using Lucy Minerals for over 4 years now, love it especially using the hot summer days. I do have drier skin in winter so I usually switch to a liquid mineral foundation or bb cream for those cooler months. I tried many mineral foundation brands (those big names out there like Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals & many others) and ended up with Lucy Minerals, and is still loving it after 4 years!

This mineral foundation has decent coverage, no sparkles, medium to even full coverage if layer it with a good mineral powder brush. At my age, I need medium coverage at least and this mineral foundation works really well for me. So far, I tried both their original and their light formulations, both work fine for my skin too. My skin does get sensitive once in a while, but so far so good, no reaction at all.

I start with my daily sunscreen lotion to prep my skin, and then gently buff this foundation on, and layer it if needed for extra coverage. I then wait for a few minutes to let the foundation sinks in. You will notice the texture gets almost creamy like with the warmth of our skin, which I like (because it is not the super mask like matte look. This has a soft satin texture once it gets warmed up to our skin). I then finish off with their finishing powder (a thin layer) and I am good to go for a day there.

For reference using MAC foundation: I am generally NC25 all year round, winters I can wear as pale as NC20, and summers I can wear up to NC30. I am Asian & have light warm skin tone, so the shade 'Cream' works well for me. I tried the shade 'Light' but it is too pink for me. I also try to mix (they offer custom mixing too) with 1/2 cream 1/2 light and it works good on the days when I need a little touch of colour to my face, otherwise, the Cream shade alone works well too.

Price is really reasonable for the amount you get, a little goes a long way so a regular size should last you a long time. They also have sales & promos periodically so I do get a good deal with my purchase.

Definitely my 'go-to' for mineral foundations, and will continue to re-purchase in future.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No