April 18, 2014 | 874 users online

Fragrances - BEYONCE HEAT

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

Well, this was pretty awful. There was a moment in time when Jennifer Lopez combined fruity with vanillic/wood base, packaged it beautifully, and it went well. Flankers began to churn off the J.Lo assembly line - fruits tweaked, different wood combos, different balances. But while they began to melt together into a fruity/vanillic whole (Miami Glow After Dark Live) I'll give her this: the juice was of decent quality, solid sillage and concentration, beautiful bottles, and they smelled nice.

Unfortunately, a trend was born.

Years later, we have the degradation of Beyonce Heat. it's an ugly bottle. The quality of the fragrance is terrible -- watered down synthetics. And the actual fragrance - bleahh. Nutrasweet-bitter, faux vanillic (the bad "vanilla" of cheap, sugar-free syrups is the closest analogue) poured into vat "fruity."

It's not just that every celebrity is doing it, or that Beyonce did this so badly (though both those things are true). It's that I am pretty sure Beyonce, in her normal life, smells fantastic and has very distinctive and interesting taste in fragrance, just as she does in clothes, music, houses, cars, hair styles, and life in general. She doesn't wear this.

She doesn't wear anything even like this.

And she had an opportunity we at the Frag Board would kill for -- the chance to MAKE HER OWN PERFUME!!!! To have it be what she wanted. She could take all the notes she loves wearing, make perfumers come to her with their little sample ingredient vials, hand them bits and drops of things she liked the smell of... till she had the most fantastic version. She could make something she'd always wanted to wear for herself. And once again, she'd have produced something wildly, wierdly, gorgeously her own.

Instead... we have the drug store lurker "Heat." What a wasted opportunity.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by templeugrl151

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beyonce is rubbish as is her fragrance. This is all part of their "agenda".

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by annettepe

I love the smell of this. its fruity but still has this spicy note to it. It has a vanilla and soft musk dry down. its sweet, but not too sickeningly sweet. however i like the heat rush a bit more. its more fruity and you can really smell the peach well. i prefer this one for night and the heat rush for the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ToniFierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume! I was given Pulse, her newer fragrance for Christmas but I always go back to HEAT. The smell is gorgeous <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know if I will buy this but I will say its a very nice scent. The only notes my nose picks up is orange and/or tangerine but maybe like a spicy orange. Whatever it is its nice, but its not the fruity scent I was looking for so I don't know if I will buy it or not but I will keep it on my list. The bottle is so ugly though :-/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by yettb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

great sweet fragrance gets better as the day goes on lasts pretty well for edt and seems ok for day or night smells like fancy cookies to me! makes me feel bootilicious as a bonus! and my husband loved it from first sniff -

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by thewidowpicard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually like this scent. When I first tried it out I couldn't stop smelling it.
To me it smells like a sophisticated fruit perfume? I seem to smell mango in it. But, I am horrible at describing scents so for that I am sorry. It lasts awhile, although, it could be cheaper in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

<3 THIS! Definently one of my Favorite perfumes! Am extremely surprised a lot of people don't like this, because I do. It's very sexy, sweet, tad spicey(not in a manly way) and smells just sooo good! My boyfriend loves it on me! :) Bottle isn't the prettiest, but it's whats inside that you put on! A MUST!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an OK scent. I think its very mature, and very spicy. To me when I see Beyonce I dont think this scent is her. I like this scent dont wear it much but its ok!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

I love Heat! I have nearly finished my bottle. I've received more compliments with this perfume than my other perfumes. I love the warm and slightly spicy scent, and the lingering scent suits me very well. I have two other bottles of perfume (Guess and Chanel) that I should work my way through before I buy another Heat, but I have every intention of purchasing another bottle.