July 24, 2014 | 1977 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My daily daytime moisturizer for the past two months, I love this. I see instant results when applied, firmer skin, a little bit of a glow, yes please! I don't see wrinkle reduction, but seriously, that's a tall order anywhere. I love how quickly this cream absorbs, it's sort of like a gel/cream, so I can hurry up and do my makeup. No scent, that's a plus. I do wish it came in a pump dispenser, seems so much more hygienic and better for freshness of ingredients than a jar, but maybe in the future?? Eh, Philosophy?? :)
I'll repurchase this, after 2 mos, I'm moving it to " staple " category.

Just or the record, my skin concerns are as follows:
Dry
Wrinkle prevention
Clogged pores
Evenness

My skin is pretty good otherwise, I get like a zit monthly, that's it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by brichick

Great Anti-aging moisturizer for day or night that is priced extremely reasonable. This sinks right in and makes my skin feel super smooth!!!! I have no noticed at all what some other reviewers say about this being a really heavy moisturizer...not the case at all for me!! I have pretty normal skin, dry around cheek area at times and oily nose but ever since I have been using this I haven't had to blot my nose at all during the day (could be the change in the weather from warm to cold). I use this in the morning, first I put on Bobbie Brown's face oil, then this moisturizer. I also use a primer/BB cream and both go on very nicely with this. No complaints here.....happy customer that will buy again. If you want to try it out i recommend getting a smaller size package from Ulta that has the retinol pads in it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by FlaLadyB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS! I started using it to see what it does. My skin was SO soft after using it I couldnt believe. I have dry aging skin with sun damage so I know I needed something. Well, I am picking up more and adding to the line. My face looks so much better now! I also put it on my neck and upper chest, sometimes even the tops of my hands. Yes, it seems nobody ever told us that we NEED to apply help there too. Some of the others talk about the smell, but honestly I don't find anything wrong with it and it doesn't stay. Yes, the moisturizer is a bit too heavy for daytime wear especially if you plan to put makeup on immediately, so go very easy on the amount or switch to Hope is not enough! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by spiritkc

I really wanted to like Miracle Worker because I love most Philosphy products, but I was totally "meh" about it.

First, the texture is a little weird. It's very light and whipped, but it has a kind of iridescent sheen that reminded me of old-fashioned diaper cream, and I had trouble getting over that. It's either unscented or has a weird clinical scent- I couldn't quite figure out which. I know an unscented product is good for sensitive skin and is supposed to prove that it's a "serious" cream, but the lack of a nice-ish smell made my evening moisturizing routine a little depressing.

Yes, it moisturizes, but I didn't notice a big difference between Miracle Worker and something like drugstore Olay cream, so I'm going to stick with Philosophy Help Me and their washes but look elsewhere for a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had a 0.4 oz tube sample of this from Sephora. I was expecting to hate it like all other Philosophy products I have tried, but I actually really liked it! Aside from the scent that kind of bothers me (kind of like cinnamon?), this was a great moisturizer! It was very light and absorbed quickly. It made my skin feel very hydrated and smooth. When I become a little more concerned about wrinkles, I definitely plan on purchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by aquariusrizing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the combo of the pads and the cream. I've been using purity and the micro wash for years, but didn't like any of the hope products. I loved the pads and was looking for more when I saw them offered together on QVC. The night cream is really something- I feel like it smooths and calms my skin, which is very sensitive. I too hate the jar, philosophy needs to make a sanitary container.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by zimmeju

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have sensitive acne prone skin do not buy this. Not only does it feel greasy when applied it will also clog your pores. It might be ok for someone who has never had breakouts or skin issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and fell in love. Its really too bad that it's expensive. It smells great as well. Great for dry skin and in the winter months.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm looking for a replacement for my vanished regular moisturizer (Aveda Green Science, which no one but me seems to love much) and this is one of the things I tried. I prefer (well, require) moisturizers without sunscreen, since I react to chemical sunscreens, and always use a separate tried-and-true sunscreen over the hydrator of the day.

Pros:
didn't cause breakouts or irritation on my annoyingly sensitive skin

Cons:
Looks and smells like acrylic paint medium
Doesn't do anything special in terms of either moisturizing, or any of the theoretical "anti-aging" properties
Leaves my skin shiny and slightly sticky
Seemed to make my pores larger and more prominent, and my skin generally coarser after using it for a couple of weeks (since I haven't changed anything else about my routine, presumably this is the cause)
In a jar, and the sloppy texture is particularly unappealing, therein

Probably won't be finishing this jar (there goes another fifty bucks) and certainly won't be buying another. The search continues!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by lillybloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first got this, I thought it felt waaaaay too heavy and mask-y to use at all. Then came the cooler, drier weather. My face started getting a lot drier and needed something *extra*. This will be my cold-weather moisturizer from now on. It's thick, creamy, and makes my dried-out, winter-rough skin feel like satin. I LOOOVE this, and wish it didn't cost so damned much, as it's like crack, and now I can't be without it! LOL My only other gripe is that the packaging sucks. I hate having to scoop any product out of a tub. (Can you say unsanitary??) Wish they'd put it in a pump grrrrr...Anyway, awesome for drier skin and colder weather. Love it muchly!