October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by alba75

The review is based on the deluxe sample (11 g/0.4 oz)
It is just a nice moisturiser. The scent is light. The product has got a silicon feel and takes some time to sink. It did not cause any breakouts. I used much cheaper Japanese drugstore creams with the same results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by vesuvana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got a sample so I can't comment on it's anti-aging ability but it's surprisingly oily. It's light and pleasantly scented and didn't upset my sensitive skin, but it did leave me shiny. I put Cerave AM over it and that seemed to help, but I don't like the oily feeling of this so I won't buy a fullsize.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by glampunkrokk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used Purity Made Simple at night with my Clarisonic, and the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash in the morning for 3 years on my oily skin.

I've bounced around from moisturizer to moisturizer, using everything from MAC Studio Moisture Cream and Oil Control Lotion, Philosophy's Hope In A Jar, a few Neutrogena moisturizers, and a few by Eucerin, feeling they were all just kind of the same.

QVC peaked my interest on this one, so I rushed to Sephora and felt kinda stupid shelling out over $50 for something I've never tried.

After a month in, I must say that this is the most amazing moisturizer I've ever used. At first, I thought it might be too heavy for my greasy face, but it's completely transformed my skin. My skin is soft and firm, and my pores are visibly smaller (I've always thought this claim for ANY product was a load of crap).

Although it doesn't COMPLETELY sink into my skin, I actually like that, because it allows me to skip a foundation primer, which always ends up leaving an extra layer of yuck on my skin. Sure, I still have to blot about halfway through the day, but with skin as oily as mine, I expect that.

This week, I've added Miracle Worker Retinoid Pads and Miracle Worker Eye Cream to the regimen, and things are looking even BETTER.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My daily daytime moisturizer for the past two months, I love this. I see instant results when applied, firmer skin, a little bit of a glow, yes please! I don't see wrinkle reduction, but seriously, that's a tall order anywhere. I love how quickly this cream absorbs, it's sort of like a gel/cream, so I can hurry up and do my makeup. No scent, that's a plus. I do wish it came in a pump dispenser, seems so much more hygienic and better for freshness of ingredients than a jar, but maybe in the future?? Eh, Philosophy?? :)
I'll repurchase this, after 2 mos, I'm moving it to " staple " category.

Just or the record, my skin concerns are as follows:
Dry
Wrinkle prevention
Clogged pores
Evenness

My skin is pretty good otherwise, I get like a zit monthly, that's it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by brichick

Great Anti-aging moisturizer for day or night that is priced extremely reasonable. This sinks right in and makes my skin feel super smooth!!!! I have no noticed at all what some other reviewers say about this being a really heavy moisturizer...not the case at all for me!! I have pretty normal skin, dry around cheek area at times and oily nose but ever since I have been using this I haven't had to blot my nose at all during the day (could be the change in the weather from warm to cold). I use this in the morning, first I put on Bobbie Brown's face oil, then this moisturizer. I also use a primer/BB cream and both go on very nicely with this. No complaints here.....happy customer that will buy again. If you want to try it out i recommend getting a smaller size package from Ulta that has the retinol pads in it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by FlaLadyB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS! I started using it to see what it does. My skin was SO soft after using it I couldnt believe. I have dry aging skin with sun damage so I know I needed something. Well, I am picking up more and adding to the line. My face looks so much better now! I also put it on my neck and upper chest, sometimes even the tops of my hands. Yes, it seems nobody ever told us that we NEED to apply help there too. Some of the others talk about the smell, but honestly I don't find anything wrong with it and it doesn't stay. Yes, the moisturizer is a bit too heavy for daytime wear especially if you plan to put makeup on immediately, so go very easy on the amount or switch to Hope is not enough! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by spiritkc

I really wanted to like Miracle Worker because I love most Philosphy products, but I was totally "meh" about it.

First, the texture is a little weird. It's very light and whipped, but it has a kind of iridescent sheen that reminded me of old-fashioned diaper cream, and I had trouble getting over that. It's either unscented or has a weird clinical scent- I couldn't quite figure out which. I know an unscented product is good for sensitive skin and is supposed to prove that it's a "serious" cream, but the lack of a nice-ish smell made my evening moisturizing routine a little depressing.

Yes, it moisturizes, but I didn't notice a big difference between Miracle Worker and something like drugstore Olay cream, so I'm going to stick with Philosophy Help Me and their washes but look elsewhere for a moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had a 0.4 oz tube sample of this from Sephora. I was expecting to hate it like all other Philosophy products I have tried, but I actually really liked it! Aside from the scent that kind of bothers me (kind of like cinnamon?), this was a great moisturizer! It was very light and absorbed quickly. It made my skin feel very hydrated and smooth. When I become a little more concerned about wrinkles, I definitely plan on purchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by aquariusrizing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the combo of the pads and the cream. I've been using purity and the micro wash for years, but didn't like any of the hope products. I loved the pads and was looking for more when I saw them offered together on QVC. The night cream is really something- I feel like it smooths and calms my skin, which is very sensitive. I too hate the jar, philosophy needs to make a sanitary container.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by zimmeju

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have sensitive acne prone skin do not buy this. Not only does it feel greasy when applied it will also clog your pores. It might be ok for someone who has never had breakouts or skin issues.